March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2019
    Aericia wrote: »
    I hope, that they fix and improve TS4, make this game more interesting and playable. Hopelessness, I know. :( I spend too much money for this game and right now I will be very angry, if the producers abandon it. :/
    TS4 is more like cartoon movie, I do agree, but still there is some things to do, like university for example.

This is a sad but excellent demonstration of the "Sunk Cost Fallacy." Which is thinking that because you've already spent so much money on something you think is broken and uninteresting, that somehow throwing even more money at it will fix it or make it, as you said, "interesting and playable."

I definitely agree with you that TS4 is like a cartoon movie, though!

Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 4 took away the freedom of Sims 3. No color wheel to customize and match objects, hair, skin or eye color. No open world, loading screens everywhere. No personality in Sims, no favorites, attraction, traits don‘t have much impact like in Sims 3.

A sequel shouldn’t take away stuff from previous games. Only improve on the features and deliver a solid base game that has stuff like toddlers, dishwashers, pool or ghosts from the beginning.

To me Sims 4 should‘ve been called Sims 2.5

Thank you, but really thank you! I know I'm this guy who's talking about the lack of personalities everywhere but this is one of the main problem of TS4. I know that I won't have time to play The Sims anymore. I just hope you guys will finally get THE sims game you all deserved to have because of ALL the money we spent on this franchise.

Lu4ERme.gif
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cue Madeline Kahn singing "I'm So Tired!"

Edited to remove youtube link as Blazing Saddles is rated R. :smile:
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I'm really tired from reading all the same complains over and over again, blaming ts4 for not being the same game as the others, and you know what, I'm pretty happy with ts4 and I hope it'll be around for many more years. I know it's not perfect, and it has its own bad sides but still, look at the all perfect ts3, you can't even play it properly.

I've never had a problem playing Sims 3 nor have I ever said it's perfect. Maybe if they'd (EA) done the same with Sims 3, dragging it out several more years and adding to it and "fixing" it, it might be. I don't get why doing that works for Sims 4 but not for any of the previous iterations.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i might not like most of the content that was in the sims4 but just wanted to share my toughs i think the sims4 was realise a bit to soon maybe if they would of realise the sims4 in 2015 things might of been diffrent
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

For me, Sims 4 is likely to be my last Sims game. Not because I don't like it -- indeed, I enjoy it very much -- but because at my age I'm not sure I want to start on a new iteration that likely will go on longer than I will. :/ So I'm in no hurry for a theoretical/mythical Sims 5.

I don't like to compare it to previous iterations because each one is different. I enjoy Sims 4 for what it gives me. Despite the lack of a color wheel or CASt, I find greater creativity in CAS than in previous Sims games; I can actually make my Simself and she doesn't look like an American football linebacker. She has curves in the proper places. I also like the ease of Build mode -- I can enlarge a room, or add a basement, without having to dismantle half the house to do it. And while I wish that traits and emotions had a bit more impact, Sims 4 Sims are better than the wooden Sims of Sims 3.

Sims 3 might actually be the outlier of the series, with the open world. I wish I could have back the minutes I wasted watching my Sims drive in a car or ride in a taxi from their home to a point on the map where they'd get out of the car (which magically disappeared into their inventory) and run to get to their destination, only to have to go back home a few minutes later because they were tired or hungry.

By not comparing this game to any other Sims game I've played, it's made it easier for me to enjoy this game for what it is, rather than what it isn't. But that's just how I roll...your mileage may vary (YMMV).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

For me, Sims 4 is likely to be my last Sims game. Not because I don't like it -- indeed, I enjoy it very much -- but because at my age I'm not sure I want to start on a new iteration that likely will go on longer than I will. :/ So I'm in no hurry for a theoretical/mythical Sims 5.

I don't like to compare it to previous iterations because each one is different. I enjoy Sims 4 for what it gives me. Despite the lack of a color wheel or CASt, I find greater creativity in CAS than in previous Sims games; I can actually make my Simself and she doesn't look like an American football linebacker. She has curves in the proper places. I also like the ease of Build mode -- I can enlarge a room, or add a basement, without having to dismantle half the house to do it. And while I wish that traits and emotions had a bit more impact, Sims 4 Sims are better than the wooden Sims of Sims 3.

Sims 3 might actually be the outlier of the series, with the open world. I wish I could have back the minutes I wasted watching my Sims drive in a car or ride in a taxi from their home to a point on the map where they'd get out of the car (which magically disappeared into their inventory) and run to get to their destination, only to have to go back home a few minutes later because they were tired or hungry.

By not comparing this game to any other Sims game I've played, it's made it easier for me to enjoy this game for what it is, rather than what it isn't. But that's just how I roll...your mileage may vary (YMMV).
    I don’t understand your post I’m afraid. You don’t like to compare iterations and by not comparing it’s made it easier for you to enjoy this game. Yet this entire post is based on picking out a few features Sims 3 has (both factual - CASt and open world - and opinional - ‘wooden’ sims) and slate them a little in a totally subjective way, completely unrelated to the subject of this topic. It’s great you can play your simself with curves in the proper places, but that’s no reason why ending the game now would be a bad idea. You actually could do that from day 1. Sims can eat wherever they go in Sims 3 by the way, so the slating doesn’t even make sense. And they only need to rest at the end of a sim day.

Please let’s stay on topic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

I don’t understand your post I’m afraid. You don’t like to compare iterations and by not comparing it’s made it easier for you to enjoy this game. Yet this entire post is based on picking out a few features Sims 3 has (both factual - CASt and open world - and opinional - ‘wooden’ sims) and slate them a little in a totally subjective way, completely unrelated to the subject of this topic. It’s great you can play your simself with curves in the proper places, but that’s no reason why ending the game now would be a bad idea. You actually could do that from day 1. Sims can eat wherever they go in Sims 3 by the way, so the slating doesn’t even make sense. And they only need to rest at the end of a sim day.

Please let’s stay on topic.

And please dont only complain to people who critisises sims 3 or like sims 4. If you have read this thread and comments you would see that she/he stays in topic.
    There have been a LOT of comperations in here.
    And also she/he said why she/he dont want sims 5 and reason why he/she dont want to sims 4 to end. Maybe you should just read that one more time.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    Just my 2 Simoleons...

Same here age wise!

I'm not comparing with other games as I got them all and enjoyed them for 20 years. I just like 4 better and Simmers who like it have to be vocal too. I don't mind personally when it ends or if it ends after Realm of Magic but it would upset a lot of those who won't get University or even Farming.

Sims 5 might be one Sims game too far for EA. 5 was not a good number for SimCity. Best call it something else entirely.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    This. But I do agree with the OP on TS4 -- so, I can also anticipate a better-made Sims game someday. I've posted my own thoughts on how the game is developed, released, and added to over its lifespan. Basically, I'm as frustrated as the OP. That's why on one hand, I'm not ready to start over UNLESS the next rendition is done right.

To me, that means a base game that starts as a cohesive experience (all life stages and educational opportunities, immediate and extended relationships, etc.), pets, seasons (yes, in the base game), a wealth of careers that mean something based on my sims' skills and education. I could go on here, but I think you get my point (whether anyone agrees or not).

I've heard that careers, such as education, haven't been included in TS4 because the devs wanted to add "new" and "different" careers. I don't get this logic. I mean, how difficult would it be to actually develop a game from the start with a baseline of what has turned out to be fairly "standard" and "expected" in any sims game (life stages, education and career options, pets, seasons...).

All that said, do I want TS5 to look like TS1? No. TS2? No. TS3? No. TS4? No.

I want TS5 to surpass them!
    To actually build on what's been before. Start the game right. And then, introduce "new" and "different." I really won't be jumping on TS5 unless the base game is a fully-developed game in it's own right. I mean, as others have pointed out, why am I paying full price for a game that only promises to feel fully developed after I've paid that same price over and over and over and over again?

This.
    Sucom wrote: »
    If they create a game which allows players freedom to create their own worlds or their own environments, and they create a game where people can add their own colours to objects, sims and clothes and focussed on all players different needs - ie. give them the tools for freedom to create from the players' own imaginations, they wouldn't need to think up new things for the Sims. Players would have all the tools they need to create for themselves. What could be better than that? Who could ask for more?

All players are different; all players' needs and expectations are different. Focus should be on creating tools for players to create for themselves. That would be so much better. If I had this in a game, I wouldn't ever want to play a different one because my imagination PLUS tools to utilise my imagination to the full, would be absolutely magical.

And this.

So much both of these.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited June 2019
    @Cinebar Well said. And let’s not forget (I’ve said it before): Sims 3 was over at this stage and probably rightly so. I think that game as well couldn’t carry its own weight anymore. The same seems to apply to Sims 4, where every pack and patch is accompanied by new bugs and glitches, also reintroducing old ones that were fixed. I suppose a basegame can carry just this much expansions. Isn’t this franchise unique by the way where it comes to the amount of additions? Or are there more franchises that do this successfully?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Cinebar Well said. And let’s not forget (I’ve said it before): Sims 3 was over at this stage and probably rightly so. I think that game as well couldn’t carry its own weight anymore. The same seems to apply to Sims 4, where every pack and patch is accompanied by new bugs and glitches, also reintroducing old ones that were fixed. I suppose a basegame can carry just this much expansions. Isn’t this franchise unique by the way where it comes to the amount of additions? Or are there more franchises that do this successfully?

My point exactly. Even poor old outdated TS2 and TS1 were so much code by three and four years it was time to end them. Or they would be a T total mess and unable to even load if they had went on for more years. I don't think this game can actually handle much more and I don't want to be sitting here, wishing they had stopped when the game won't even load and they have dropped it to sell us TS5 or whatever, and too busy pushing that game to notice TS4 players are still trying to get bug fixes. We know how this goes, it's a shame most TS4 players have forgotten that is exactly what happens each time. But if it ended there might be a slim chance some of the long time bugs get cleared up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited June 2019
    What I would like to see for Sims 5 - popular features from previous iterations as well as new features that have yet to be introduced to the Sims Franchise. I want them to take their time to create a game that will succeed in areas previous iterations couldn't. I want a game that produces memorable and enjoyable gameplay for everyone. I want intelligent and unpredictable Sims. Sims with personality and character. To create wonderful stories.

Also, I believe Sims 4 has way too many skills. I think skills should be condensed into category. I.e Creative Skill for anything instrument and art related.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Sims 5 might be one Sims game too far for EA. 5 was not a good number for SimCity. Best call it something else entirely.

This is an excellent thought. Repeating myself, but I think The Sims needs an entire reboot. Fresh start. Do-over. Devs need to imagine they're making a whole new game, completely from scratch. Stop with the half-baked base game, adding a shopping expansion in a year, pets in three years, and so on. It's a tired cliché, but come ON -- think outside the box! The box that EA has enclosed itself in over the last decade when it comes to The Sims.

What I would like to see for Sims 5 - popular features from previous iterations as well as new features that have yet to be introduced to the Sims Franchise. I want them to take their time to create a game that will succeed in areas previous iterations couldn't. I want a game that produces memorable and enjoyable gameplay for everyone. I want intelligent and unpredictable Sims. Sims with personality and character. To create wonderful stories.

Also, I believe Sims 4 has way too many skills. I think skills should be condensed into category. I.e Creative Skill for anything instrument and art related.

So would I. I want the next game to exceed what all the others had. That might be a lofty dream but with all the money they claim they made with TS3 and TS4 why not. It bothers me so little is put back into this game, after TS3 was such a hit and made millions and TS4 supposedly made a billion a few months ago. I would like to see some of that go back into the franchise.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly I think asking for the next iteration might be a two sided sword.

If EA/Maxis maintains the offline aspect of the sims and keeps the Expansion Pack model, I'm 100% on board. If they go online, then TS4 is my last sims game.

Hopefully TS5 (Base Game) focuses on it being a lifesimmulator, instead of it being a game for pre-schoolers with giant objects, rocket ships, and angry poops. I'd like to see animated cars again, the ability to make custom worlds from inside the game again (à la TS2 but with more intuitive tools), layered clothing, hair growth, the colour wheel, graveyards, having to go shop for groceries in grocery stores and not directly from the fridge, having to go to shop for clothes in boutiques like TS2 and no have it directly from the dresser, sims having to go cut their hair in salons, actual personalities, wants and fears, active BG jobs, etc. Less easiness and laziness and more lifesimulating, with the signature craziness of The Sims. I don't mind if TS5 only loads one lot at a time like TS2/TS4, as long as the tools and gameplay are there, unlike in TS4 which was a compromise of absolutely everything.

I actually had a dream once where TS5 was style-wise very similar to TS4, but was more similar to TS2-TS3 gameplay wise and it was really cool. Too bad dreams don't come true ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't really trust EA to develop TS5. I wouldn't be sad if they ended the franchise with TS4.

Only if there‘s another company developing a life simulation game, like Cities: Skylines that is like SimCity
    a256aFi.gif
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    @Cinebar just so you know, I gave you 'awesome' on every single one of your comments here. Because seriously, I agree.
    @Trashmagic I couldn't agree more. @nightowl1 Thank you but I'm just letting off steam of why I was so disappointed to see this GP sold at EP prices. And so buggy from the get go, and even some features not working according to those who are playing it. lol If that route continues yes, I would be happy to see this game end.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I have, as often with The Sims 4, heard players talk about how beautiful it is. And it is pretty, but some people need something deeper. Since the start of Sims 4 it's been all appearance and little substance to me. It looks pretty but there's little beneath the surface. I think it's that way for quite a few of us who are more critical of the game and I think it's even that way for some of the players who can't figure out why they get bored quickly and just can't get into the game no matter how many packs they buy.

I'm ultimately not surprised by it, but I find it a bit hard to believe that to this day there are some players who can't read between the lines and understand that it's deeper than just being dissatisfied with one or two items or some little thing a sim can or can't do. It's symptoms of the bigger issues being described. And those bigger issues have been pointed out countless times before, including in this thread but still those issues and those of us with concerns still get waved off by some fellow simmers and told that we just want Sims 3 again to be grateful for whatever they give.

Firstly, it's not just players with a preference for Sims 3 who are not liking the game. It's Sims 2 and 1 players as well. Secondly, there's a pretty good chance that a player who prefers one or any of those games and loves them has them and can go back to them and play them. In some cases with even less of a problem than Sims 4 because they're no longer being worked on. Lastly, we are grateful for what the devs have provided and that's what makes this whole thing more frustrating because these are the same people who brought the previous games we love so much and still play.

When you expect or want each successor to improve and build on what all good came before it, it can be a little or a lot frustrating to note that some things were done better a predecessor or two ago, especially when they try to tell and convince you otherwise. Especially with a game series that they claimed to be going back to the roots with. A series that has so much history and so many players and perspectives they can learn from and so much that has yet to be done. It's frustrating that you can't just get improvement from them, some area has to come up short even though they're raking in millions, now over a billion just for the one game alone. None of the games were absolutely perfect but what whichever one did to set the bar for big key features should be what they aim to do even slightly better than at very least.

Imagine if instead of improving and upgrading what's considered the best CAS in the Sims series and carrying that on into the next game they dropped Sims 4 CAS method and brought back even less sliders than before for Sims 5. The color wheel is back, but no changing patterns and you also can't use it on hair or eyes. You're told it's a design choice. Turn ons are back but just one turn on and no turn offs because it seemed a bit too negative. Also added is two favorite hobbies. No more walk styles but the personality traits are the best by far. There's also no emotions system and multitasking has been downgraded. Also no elders because no one played them according to their research. There are still some alright-ish toddlers and babies aren't tied to a bassinet anymore because there's not even a baby in them visible to the player. The bassinet is just a baby rabbithole because according to research people skipped or shortened the baby stage a lot too.

I know there'd be Sims 4 players feeling some type of way. Just like Sims 2 players felt about its best things being lost in 3 and how Sims 3 players felt about its best things being lost in 4. Especially if they do to 4 what they did to the predecessor and fix barely anything before calling it a day. Then suddenly you're in the same situation as Sims 3. Shoot, they're already steering the game there and it's like most can't see it while others can sense it and are just hoping it won't be true. But if you're of the mind that you should be grateful for everything, why would they bother to fix anything?

There are just some things that were simply done better in one game over the other. There are threads about gameplay and features from previous Sims games where players who've never played them before are amazed that certain things could happen back then but aren't in game right now. I don't see anything wrong with wanting the best things built upon and carried on. That doesn't mean we want the same game redone. We've been there and played that already. We want better than that.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    edited July 2019
    @ApparentlyAwesome You certainly live up to your nickname with that post!
    Lastly, we are grateful for what the devs have provided and that's what makes this whole thing more frustrating because these are the same people who brought the previous games we love so much and still play.

To highlight this one quote: this indeed can be so very frustrating for me. Being told I should be grateful for something I highly regret. Often by someone who won't hesitate to slate the game I'm still very grateful for to this very day and that only lasted 4 years. Would that really don't mean anything to devs who worked on predecessors? Us still loving and playing those games? Just because it's a couple of years ago? Can't imagine. Same when I'm being called a complainer by people who in the very same sentence start listing what was terrible in Sims 3. Things I often don't care about or even like/love (like the travelling). What defines a complainer exactly?
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top