Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    But can I put a dolphin in my backyard swimming pool or pond?
  • Options
    Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    > @BrokenChaos69 said:
    > Description sounds good. Pictures look good. It's not #1 on my wishlist but overall I like what I'm seeing and will be getting this pack.
    >
    > The only disappointment for me (so far, haha) is no houseboats. I would assume something like that would be in the description. I definitely don't think they fit under "watercraft" and no houseboats appear in any of the pictures so I am 99% sure they are not included. Not a dealbreaker by any means though.
    >
    > I'm excited to see what they show us in tomorrows stream!

Same here! So disappointed by the lack of houseboats. Had to look up "watercraft", but it's probably not houseboats as you say. Might be a dealbreaker for me tbh. I'll probably wait until it's on sale at least.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    In the toddler pic, you can see a seashell. I'd say they're a new collectible.I hope so. I want them in my house!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    wow made my day! I'm so happy to see the toddlee there. I just had two tots in my game and thought I couldn't go on holiday.

It's Island living - so our Sims live there - not a vacation from what I understand. There are new jobs and everything.

That's fine but I was just worried the toddlers couldn't participate in anything. I have twins so I'll make them make sandcastles while mum and dad do other things lol
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Looks like TS3 Island Paradise, which was very short-lived since TS4 was pretty much right on its heels. Waiting on the Game Changers to be able to review.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    What if WHAT IF the mermaid we see is just a costume! Look at the plumbob she has, aliens and vampires have different designs while she don't !!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I just said earlier I wasn't going to get my hopes too high that this pack could be anywhere close to Island Paradise. If everything in these leaks are confirmed tomorrow, I'll be ecstatic! Can't wait for the live stream.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,025 Member
    edited June 2019
    Mermaids? Check. Swimming and snorkeling? Check. The ability to learn about local culture? Check. Lifeguard career? Check. Tanning? Seems likely. Sand castle building? Check. Luaus? Well, we have a barbecue event, so maybe. The only big-big things I'm missing are surfing and surfing competitions.

It even has some stuff I didn't know I wanted, like canoes, floaters and jet skis. The part about conservation and environmentalism causing an impact over the island sounds especially awesome. Hopefully that's not flavor text, and we can actually create a visible change. Double-hope that we can also litter and totally ruin the island's ecosystem, too.

They could easily mess this up (like making mermaids NPC-only), but this pack is looking great so far. Many of my biggest wished look like they've been answered, there's a lot of content, and even the CAS items look great.

ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    What if WHAT IF the mermaid we see is just a costume! Look at the plumbob she has, aliens and vampires have different designs while she don't !!

I think it's just a render, so hopefully not.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    So...you can meet a mermaid, but you can't be a mermaid...?

The mermaid has a plumbob.

The mermaid's plumbob is ordinary plumbob and not a special design like for vampires and aliens :neutral: this makes me question things.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Mermaids? Check. Swimming and snorkeling? Check. The ability to learn about local culture? Check. Lifeguard career? Check. Tanning? Seems likely. Sand castle building? Check. Luaus? Well, we have a barbecue event, so maybe.

It even has some stuff I didn't know I wanted, like canoes and jet skis. The part about conservation and environmentalism causing an impact over the island sounds especially awesome. Hopefully that's not flavor text, and we can actually create a visible change. Double-hope that we can also litter and totally ruin the island's ecosystem, too.

They could easily mess this up (like making mermaids NPC-only), but this pack is looking great so far. Many of my biggest wished look like they've been answered, there's a lot of content, and

AND? O-O
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    Considering there's boats, will cars come in a patch?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

The mermaid's plumbob is ordinary plumbob and not a special design like for vampires and aliens :neutral: this makes me question things.

did the skeletons in JA have different plumbobs? Maybe you can become a mermaid temporarily.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

did the skeletons in JA have different plumbobs? Maybe you can become a mermaid temporarily.

That would suuuuuuuuuck...
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member

It's not a costume because the official description mention mermaids :) !
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member

when the gurus did the poll asking what the most wanted lifestates were, mermaids were the second most voted for lifestate after witches. they'll be playable.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I like the part about Island lore and meeting the ancestors too.... LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sailboats.

Does that mean cars will come?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    okay but if we can’t be a mermaid forever then they can keep it
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    BOY wrote: »

when the gurus did the poll asking what the most wanted lifestates were, mermaids were the second most voted for lifestate after witches. they'll be playable.

They'd better be. 2.5 years since we've had a permanent, playable one.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Anyone else feel kinda bad that all this has been posted? Like we waited this long, we only had another ~24 hours to wait. I know the content was available on Origin and anyone could have gotten to it if they knew where to look but the team must have been so excited to share it all tomorrow and someone has kinda ruined that. I know we'll all still be tuning into the stream and sharing the excitement and there will probably be more to share but things like dolphins and jet-skis I was not expecting and would have been a massive surprise tomorrow when watching!

Nope. We haven’t content or info for months. At least we have something worthwhile to talk about until things get confirmed. And this happens all the time so 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is AWESOME!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

I was honestly wondering the same. The description says "meet a mermaid" which could mean there are multiple ones but worst case scenario would be that there's only one mermaid and she's a special NPC like the hermit or the bear costume in Granite Falls.