Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    The day of the birth arrived. While Stella was in labor Tyler made the bed as cool as a cucumber. I don´t know where his coolness came from, but he didn´t even do the birth dance! :D
    And because they were at Northeney they were too far from the hospital so Stella had to give birth at home.
    h90cd35.jpg
    H8fo8uc.jpg
    mkAWUSE.jpg
    5lp5CV8.jpg
    40YUbvR.jpg
    Welcome Seth!
    90KGj7S.jpg

Tyler gave his wife a little rest and cared for his third son. He fell in love with him immidiately
    9P9PnCS.jpg
    8WfeNcU.jpg
    3ENSsai.jpg
    2Au1J5Q.jpg

The next weeks the family stayed at home a lot. Of course the horses had to be ridden and the dogs had to be walked but the family life centered around the new baby and while Seth slept a lot, the family members were busy engaged in their hobbies.
    Tyler painted a lot, always next to his son and watched by at least one of the dogs
    nPnWnpt.jpg
    Thore played a lot of computer games
    1QcIHzn.jpg
    instead of searching for a partner (no, Stella didn´t lose hope!! ;) ) Taius played with the cat
    M5ILcke.jpg
    tzfhrxV.jpg
    Haldir always sneaked in the baby room and snuggled al lot with his youngest grandchild, he loves his grandchildren!
    3cbGtVH.jpg
    in the evenings they all tried to spend their time together
    caJRwiz.jpg
    9AIAIT4.jpg
    6B7aEQN.jpg
    EmzCEn4.jpg
    G4tBGdC.jpg

Tyler and his brother Thore had a lot of fun together.
    Here they talk about Thore´s ability to perform magic (their other siblings and Tyler are "just" fairies like their dads, but Thore inherited the magic skills from both of his granddads, Travis´dad is a vampire-warlock and Haldir´s dad is a powerful warlock!)
    cYiRqzh.jpg
    eUroZ2M.jpg
    Tyler asked his little brother if he already has flown at a broom but Thore told him that this wasn´t so: who wants to ride at a broom if he can fly?
    BLtNm5x.jpg
    Tyler told his little brother that he was arrested once when he was tagging a wall in Monte Vista and both made jokes about the police who had to let go Tyler, because tagging a wall is no violent crime!
    SA6sxOf.jpg
    Tyler showed his little brother what a face he made after he got out of the police station:
    aw8ujLQ.jpg

The days and weeks passed and suddenly Seth got his last snuggles from his mother
    0hHwXIk.jpg
    2rMChOT.jpg

During this long monotonious days the family members had to take care for the pets, well, it were the adult family members, the younger ones had a lot more fun :D
    mbHWTa9.jpg
    and the pets cared for themselves, too
    GZ7Rw3l.jpg
    (there are three dogs at the picture :p )
    :D this is what happened to Seth :p
    xR5QJnw.jpg
    gYxoAra.jpg
    9TN2qPV.jpg
    he became a toddler! >:)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @AlexaKry Not sure how I missed this, except been busy with work. Congrats on baby/toddler Seth!
    I'm amazed at Tyler just calmly making the bed and totally ignoring the baby being born!!
    He was a great Dad after though. :smiley:
    The picture of Hadir and his grandson is precious.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : thank you so much for reading and commenting!
    When Stella got into labor I sat in front of the computer with my mouth and eyes wide open and couldn´t believe that Tyler didn´t even care to do the baby dance. They were woohooing and after that flirting seconds before her contractions began and Tyler just stopped for a second, looked at his wife and began to make the bed! :D I just sat there, begging him to take notice of her, but he refused! And the delivery was very short, too, because as you can see Tyler was still making the bed when Seth was there! :o
    Tyler is a very good dad, mostly he is the one who starts to teach their kids how to walk and talk. (I have mods in my game where the Sims do this on their own)
    And yes, Haldir loves his youngest grandson, although Travis does this, too, but I didn´t make a picture of him snuggelling Seth. They are both family oriented, so this might be the reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    One day, short after Seth´s birthday, Stella decided that the family should go to the festival, which took place at the island. Because it was late in the summer and the school already had begun and the island wasn´t flooded with tourists anymore Tyler agreed to go to the festival. He suggested that Stella wanted to go, because she was getting more and more frustrated, because Taius didn´t even think of going out to get to know somebody!
    Secretly he felt sorry for his son, because Stella was like a little pitbull, which got stuck on the neck of it´s prey! And he was shortly before freaking out and argue with her, something he rarely does, normally he is a totally relaxed man who rests in himself, but Stella was driving him crazy!
    Such a stress at an island where nothing but nature surrounded them and he was stressed!
    So he thought that going to the festival could be a good idea, because he wished for his inner self that there were some men who his son could talk to.
    Thore was the first to arrive and because none of the adults were there who could stop him he lit a big fire in the fire pit.
    PLVTVdu.jpg
    He then went roller skating
    eltX74g.jpg

Travis and Haldir were walking the dogs to the festival
    srIDDcK.jpg
    YeAdgPc.jpg

The last one who arrived was Tyler, together with Seth, whom he carried the whole way (he was enjoying the walk, because the only things he could hear was the wind in the reed and plants and the gabbling of his youngest son who was just happy being together with his daddy.)
    Aue98jC.jpg
    mA6tYut.jpg

Tyler even tried to stay out of the sight of his wife in the hope that he could have a relaxed day, so he tought Seth to walk. He was full of pride and joy that Seth was such a fast learner!
    rDlTiQ1.jpg
    li7VMd0.jpg
    RZ3Be0a.jpg
    TSNwe8U.jpg
    CE2VTrv.jpg
    yLtizsc.jpg

While Seth was wobbling to him Tyler kept an eye on his wife, he didn´t feel like talking to her. So he was happy when he saw that Haldir and Travis stepped in and occupied her by calling her over to play table football! He intended to thank his dads for this later!
    GCAoOVC.jpg

When he noticed that Seth wasn´t willing to learn anymore he went over to the riding boats for kids (don´t ask me how this thingies are called, even in my mother language I don´t know at the moment! :D ) and put Seth on the one his son liked more.
    DZhKSU9.jpg
    KPrk0B8.jpg
    Q7u7aD2.jpg
    y6znb8h.jpg
    ntAKUwq.jpg
    8uzMSlx.jpg
    VtQCw10.jpg
    d0Bax6p.jpg
    LB87jFV.jpg
    tJXcWqf.jpg
    uBMlznU.jpg
    Both had a lot of fun!

When Tyler noticed that the little man tried to talk about his exciting ride he decided to teach his little one to talk so that Seth really could talk with him!
    TJR41rA.jpg
    cG1EusD.jpg
    bbE48N3.jpg
    CgxIglU.jpg

When it was time to go home, get some dinner and put Seth to bed, the sun came out so Thore decided to go for a swim. Travis gave his permission (knowing full well that his husband watched over their youngest. ((so the permission was just a formality, but of course their children had to ask before doing such dangerous things!!)) Haldir is the king of the fairies so he always knows where his subjects are!)
    S4ZH60m.jpg

At home Tyler discovered that either Travis or Haldir must have talked to Stella, because after she breast-feeded Seth and put him to bed she came to him with such a face and whispered some words of apology into his ears.
    ixgeaEZ.jpg
    This evening was saved for him! :D
    He really hoped that she had understood his parents!! Not only for himself but for Taius, too!!
  • Options
    @AlexaKry I sure enjoyed the update. Looks like everyone had a great time at the fair.
    Tyler sure is a great Dad and I know Seth enjoyed having his full attention during the day.
    Adorable pictures on the 'spring rider'. I just love putting toddlers on those and seeing the happy faces and that pouting one too when they don't want to get off.
    Love that picture of Stella apologizing! Hopefully she will lay off Thore now.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : hi there! (Wave hands!)
    Tyler was just happy to be on his own. He is a loner and always tries to seperate himself from the family, but he always taught his sons how to walk, talk and use the potty.
    "spring rider"!!!! Now I know!!! I didn´t come near this when I wrote the chapter!!! (do you know the feeling that something is laying at your tongue but you are not able to speak it out?)
    And it´s not Thore, it´s Taius whom Stella wants to get a partner! ;)
    But you said something about Thore which is kind of a prophecy! >:)
  • Options
    @AlexaKry The older I get the more often I have finding the right words at times! :lol:
    Woops, had the wrong guys name. hmmm, now I'm curious about Thore!
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Thore and Seth will have fun times together, so much I can say! :D
    Some hints can be seen in "The last Screenshot"-thread. ;)
  • Options
    Because Thore had to go to school again the family headed to Great Bear, which is a suburb of Moonlight Falls (at least in my mind! :D ), so he could go to school in Moonlight Falls and befriend with some of his cousins there.
    Because it was Friday they decided to make a short stop in Willapa Valley, which lies on the way between Northeney and Moonlight Falls/Great Bear. Haldir´and Travis´ sons Haden and Heath live here with their families.
    When they arrived at the ranch in Willapa Valley Haldir had to cultivate the garden, which was a little messy.
    While he was in the garden, Travis wanted Thore to work out a bit and they played ball. Travis saw that Thore needed a bit more practice and he wanted his son to get more exercise! Travis and Haldir were superstar sportsmen when they were younger and they always wanted their children to do a lot of sports, too. Thore is the first of the kids who doesn´t like to exercise, so his parents worried about him being a couch-potatoe! (they are a bit crazy about doing sports! :s )
    x9c7uEQ.jpg
    jtPseI0.jpg
    zzQWaAA.jpg
    2hyjWUO.jpg
    yrmNhVm.jpg
    v6tKdPT.jpg
    Poor Thore didn´t like it at all! :D

As soon as he was released he went into his room and played some games at his tablet. The family saw him again not until dinner! :D
    ktTdMyJ.jpg
  • Options

@AlexaKry Such a pretty lot! It looks like a comfy place to live.
    Poor Thore! I don't blame him, I'd rather be playing video games...Sims3...than throwing a silly ball around!
  • Options
    @bekkasan : thank you for your comment!! It´s very much appreciated!!
    Unfortunately, this update has gone wrong!
    I´ve written much more, posted it and when I looked at it again before going to bed yesterday, the other part of the update was there!
    But now it has gone! :'(
    Currently I´m writing it again! :s
    So there´s something else to come.... :o
  • Options
    @AlexaKry Oh my...that is a bummer that you are having to do it again. Hope it takes this time! Will keep my eye out for it.
  • Options
    While Haldir recovered from the lessons with Thore his husband and his second youngest son were playing with the balls, too. But they had built in some difficulties! :D
    Tryig not to hit the horses!
    Iss0bqt.jpg
    qJUzmE7.jpg
    nXQseIF.jpg

They ate an early dinner
    3KEteyI.jpg
    so that everyone could do what he wanted before going to bed
    Of course Thore played video games, this time at the console/TV. He thought that he had to play as much as he could before school started for him again!
    Stella was reading "old schoolish"
    and Tyler was reading with Seth who really was into the story his father read to him.
    JZrE4MD.jpg
    BF0NoEt.jpg
    yUs0AH0.jpg
    8rde6Ab.jpg
    7OkYTAB.jpg
    BGQlunv.jpg
    Taius visited some cousins who live in town and Haldir and Travis had some "quality time", not appropriate to post on the forums! :D
  • Options
  • Options
    @AlexaKry LOL at the horse getting in the way. I guess the horse decided the safest place was on the ground.
    Sweet pics of Tyler and Seth! He's a great Dad!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @bekkasan : Thanks again for reading and commenting!
    Well, I have to admit that Tyler and Travis hit Gracia a few times before she decided to lie down! I don´t know if she lied down because she thought it was safer or if she got dizzy because she was hit! :p
    Yes, Tyler is a great dad, he loves his sons and although he is a loner he is always searching for their company! <3
    (hopefully this time the post will stay in the thread!)
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @AlexaKry Love that lot!
    You have quite an impressive family tree, and it is easy to catch the family resemblance. :)
    I think Thore will grow up to become an interesting sim.
    Seth is very adorable as well.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP : thank you for your comment!
    Yes, this lot is very beautiful, it comes with the world Willapey Valley by 99simsonthewall, I just renewed the interior to my liking and put some fences in order to prevent the horses to enter every bit of the lot.

Yes, the family tree is huge! Particularly if you knew, how many kids, grandchildren, grand-grandchildren, etc... every sibling of Tyler had! And don´t let me talk about the 11 siblings Haldir, Tyler´s father on the right and the 6 siblings Travis, the left father of Tyler, have! :D
    That´s the reason I´ve started to expand the family across so many worlds, so that every family member I like to play with lives in his own world (isn´t possible anymore, there are too many Helmquists! :D )
    At the beginning I had a vision that I would get back to the different families I like and play with them one after the other, but at the moment my main family gives me so many interesting plots that there isn´t any way to even think about leaving them!
    And you are right, they can clearly be identified as belonging to one family! :p
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The next morning, Saturday, began quiet for the family. Well, sort of. :D
    Seth was starving from hunger, really! ;)
    Eos59mI.jpg
    irp90WB.jpg
    emrcsVP.jpg
    He woke up Stella who came to his recue and fed him
    1RAqV6F.jpg
    Even Travis came to look after his youngest grandchild, whereas the father of the poor, starving child just slept during this chaos! :D
    ME2T20S.jpg
    2EaVckT.jpg
    rL0GdCQ.jpg
    FasDKp1.jpg

Next to Stella´s and Tyler´s room Haldir and Taius decided that the parents could take care of the little screaming monster and so Haldir calmly read the morning paper (secretly thanking Seth for crying so loud, because he then had a chance to read an intact newspaper, normally it was the cat who found the newspaper firstand after Streuner finds a newspaper nobody can read it anymore! :D ) while Taius slept a bit longer.
    qCzcd5F.jpg

All of them had a quick breakfast and then everyone did his/her own thing untill it was time to go out eating an early dinner in one of the restaurants.
    Travis walked T-Rey
    f9hZJya.jpg
    Vp1FGAo.jpg
    wXB3DZM.jpg
    Thore had the order to bath the cat (Streuner discovered some interesting holes in the stable hayloft and in the horse boxes and was smelling like, well, he was smelling :D )
    bAACgul.jpg
    o02naiu.jpg
    7HxpUSw.jpg
    nPN8NN1.jpg
    8kjcPM2.jpg
    fjlpLWn.jpg
    NH8HvP1.jpg
    (luckily for Thore, Streuner himself didn´t like his malodor, so he didn´t attack Thore but behaved himself ideally)

After dinner just Stella changed into her normal clothes again, the boys didn´t have any problems in staying in their evening wears
    Tyler and his little brother even played ball in their outfit (Tyler had been given the order to train his little brother a bit by his parents)
    2osfwCp.jpg
    qZ2Zlq7.jpg
    qUZdFV5.jpg
    9l0dEfT.jpg
    Poor Thore had some bruises after the exercise but his brother hugged him and Thore wasn´t angry at his brother anymore
    tmSEjnF.jpg
    Haldir had a quiet read (he normally is someone who is full of energy, so it was very disturbing to see him sitting and reading again! :o
    Perhaps his age is showing?)
    U10hBiw.jpg
    while his husband Travis had some interesting talks with Seth
    1dkoH9I.jpg
    y84z39Q.jpg
    S5a26cU.jpg
    i36mR12.jpg
    kXFrzNI.jpg
    R2CbIkU.jpg
    nh6v975.jpg
    nmFB43S.jpg
    Meanwhile Tyler and Stella went out to watch the stars together
    Tyler is still very in love with his wife, look at the look he´d given her!
    0vJTdti.jpg
    tvwPhLH.jpg
    Later Stella wanted to put one of the horses into a box and was bitten!
    Haldir and Travis finally found each other and after some flirting they disappeared until the next morning
    y2BXax6.jpg
    SY7llxW.jpg
    lGxu7cO.jpg
    tHMyGC3.jpg

Tyler found Seth at the back porch and snuggled and talked with his son (they like each other much)
    uFwQRy6.jpg
    qyv27Ua.jpg
    Den6qoi.jpg
    vhFciOp.jpg
    zBG6OJK.jpg
    wTMxARn.jpg
    rOLSotq.jpg
    88CxsTR.jpg
    HzuGlCY.jpg
    xQehflS.jpg
    5Kmxxxj.jpg
    WZWxALp.jpg
    Then Seth had to learn to use the potty before he was allowed to play a bit before being put to bed
    G3WUHVf.jpg
    16pjKfZ.jpg
    aFzCOdM.jpg
    (and yes, the dogs were quite observing this day! :D )
    While Seth was silently playing his father sketched him
    RcLRizc.jpg
    or so :p
    gjFdLUr.jpg

Tyler then just waited for his wife to put their son to bed
    IconqAI.jpg
    MKyjMRk.jpg
    and then they had some quality time, too
    D2cm8eB.jpg
    T0WENBb.jpg
    q5lHxhZ.jpg
    Ef6wZV9.jpg
    x3GfIph.jpg
    (don´t pull such faces Stella, please! This isn´t adorable at all! :D )
    and of course they were watched by one of the dogs again (perhaps it was the "observe-your-homan-holyday"?)
    2kmBBJP.jpg
    R2VIILl.jpg
    Taius even had problems to get some room in his bed, he was attacked by the family´s pets somehow, when he wanted to sleep
    SD3zjnh.jpg
    Qpau9h4.jpg
  • Options
    A sunny Sunday morning dawned over Willapey Valley
    de9zsJx.jpg
    DzyQqDg.jpg
    M0M2vbg.jpg
    WT8SGhJ.jpg
    The family got up late, everybody doing what he/she wanted.

Taius improved his knowledge at the skulpturing station
    0f7WTa2.jpg
    mj9xyA0.jpg

Little Seth had the time of his life playing with the dollhouse (this doll was already the third he damadged!)
    qH4wutQ.jpg
    vL6iOMN.jpg
    I1nwyz1.jpg
    bJB3mm4.jpg
    Ecm6cYg.jpg

Thore was up to something
    vhrwPDc.jpg

And while Stella and her fathers-in-law prepared some food for the evening Tyler had the urgent feeling of getting out of the house with so many people, so he took a horse and rode a few hours to get away from all the noise, reluctantly thinking about the coming evening
    YkdRDum.jpg
    x0sFXUy.jpg
    trhDLki.jpg
    GGOs3Li.jpg
    hHrUVyu.jpg
    Here he rides past the houses of his two brothers Haden and Heath, both he would see in the evening when they came over to visit Haldir and Travis, for this the food was prepared.
    In the early evening Tyler was back home, just in time when the guests arrived.
    gR6L7Iw.jpg
    (Quintus, Haden´s husband and Travis)
    5eUjKKf.jpg
    b6i5ZBr.jpg
    (the bad dressed Sims were some party crushers, Haldir showed them the door!)
    mTorIHl.jpg
    (The one in the bathing suit is one of Tyler´s cousins :D )
    muRnIhl.jpg
    Haden didn´t fit in his normal clothes anymore, so he had chosen some questionable clothes, too.
    yvaeeoS.jpg

And Thore was eating too much, his parents were unaware of his eating unfortunately, otherwise they would have stopped him!
    RsG2tiD.jpg
    jXbvpro.jpg
    Because all the eating led to this! :D
    vs2hQXT.jpg
    sB89tfP.jpg
    VoaVjWh.jpg
    suP2sao.jpg
    (If Thore knew what his parents were thinking when they saw him he wouldn´t have been smiling so happy! :D )

But he was smiling of the joke he had been planning to play to Haden, his pregnant brother, the whole day!
    But it was Haden, who was first
    RgL6nFM.jpg
    mDLVZ0X.jpg
    But because Thore was planning to do the same to Haden he was prepared and the coup went against Haden instead!
    Nu1AS9R.jpg
    wjzDyEC.jpg
    BevYRHn.jpg

Thore was interested in Haden´s baby and felt his brother´s belly
    YdSxdfS.jpg
    WfCFn2p.jpg
    DX39NZ1.jpg
    DVLzU1E.jpg
    xvDrW0p.jpg
    sCY7ufk.jpg

Too soon the weekend was over and the family prepared to leave to Great Bear in the night, because in the morning Thore had to go to school again.
  • Options
    @AlexaKry :D I´m doing the same thing, spreading the offspring of my favorite family to different worlds so that they can have their own life. Only got them in 3 worlds so far, but they are multiplying like rabbits ...
    What a beautiful world, definitely downloading that one, thank you.
    Thore looks like he´s had an unfortunate run in with an alien :p And his brother is pregnant? :D
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP : I can truely confess that Thore just ate too much and got a bit overweighted! :D

And yes, Haden is pregnant! Although my gameplay looks more as if I like to prefer to play with reality, I don´t. All my Sims are supernaturals, Stella and Seth are genies, Thore is a witch/fairy hybrid and the others are fairies.
    And I prefer that my gay/lesbian Sims can get kids from their own genetical source, not adopted kids. (I don´t like the looks and the traits the adopted kids get. :s ) So all my gay couples have the ability to get own kids.

:D and my Sims are little rabbits, too. I have 34 worlds in my save game
    proof, I don´t want to be called an exaggerator :p
    DiMgpqK.jpg
    U5qjnno.jpg
    jRVoaGC.jpg
    and I´m already running out of space! I don´t have so much more worlds I would like to install and play in, so I really have to think about birth control! :D

The world is beautiful and it plays very good. And it´s unpopulated, so it´s a good world to populate with own families!
  • Options
    @AlexaKry That´s a lot of worlds to play! :) But it is an awesome family and I understand it would be hard to just stick with one branch of it.
    I just finished University for two sims in my legacy and I will play them both. :)
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP : Thank you! Yes, after your last post I went through the families I had planned to play, but without time to do so and it was something around 11. Well, as long as my game will be playable in the next years to come perhaps I´ll manage to visit and play them once. :D

I really like to read your Crumplebottom-Helgason legacy you post on the "What happened"-thread and I can understand that you would like to play with all of them! The teens are cute, but I like Albin a bit more, perhaps because he is a "bad boy light". :p
  • Options
    @AlexaKry That´s some rotation you got going on. I do feel for the poor bast*rd you had po*oping out 13 children :p
    Thank you, yes, Albin just finished Uni and will go off on his own adventures. I like playing him and I feel he is demanding his own story :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top