December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

2...Next

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 211 Member
    I successfully avoided error 12 today, but I don´t like the solution. I had to reduce the options again and now screenshots from Moonlight Falls have such a bad quality that they hurt my eyes, unfortunally. :'(
    But I love this neighborhood so much that I have to make this concession. :s
    Today was a quiet day. Taius went to school, Haldir to work and Stella and Tyler met each other at the outside pet bowls after getting up. They talked and flirted and then I decided that they had enough and that (at least) Tyler should work a bit (they don´t have to, they have made so much money over the years, that the family owns 99 999 999 Simoleons and every time they earn some money the game tells them that such a high amount of money couldn´t be booked at their account and is booked at an obscure account at overseas.
    NTA6Tnl.jpg
    VACqasP.jpg

Travis played and socialized with the oldest member of the family, dog Sissi. (I don´t know if I should keep her and make her young again or if I let her die, she is just a few days near to her end :'( )
    QaiDeHr.jpg
    wchoUnJ.jpg
    gQ58cL0.jpg
    zi3S5yU.jpg
    0TALGwb.jpg

Stella decided to play the drums after I made Tyler to write on his book (if I don´t give them something to do they would end up woohooing)
    pXXf5ri.jpg
    CjduBBE.jpg

when Taius and Haldir came home both went straight to the stereo and danced, watched by some of the pets
    6V3dr6p.jpg
    dTB4UyR.jpg
    2VByufn.jpg
    Yv8trF7.jpg
    Ox8BEUL.jpg

Streuner had really fun watching them :D
    AFLYdFo.jpg

when it got dark the grandpas played video games with Taius while Tyler and his wife played chess
    Jb3cfGb.jpg
    UEmctoq.jpg
    N9XQCmM.jpg

as I said, a quiet day!
    When my Sims are in Moonlight Falls they tend to stay at home and lead a quite boring life. This world is immemorial, I´m playing in it and with the Sims of it since Supernatural came out! So I can´t play on highest options anymore, because there are so many tremendous houses and so many Sims with maxed out skills that this town suffers from error 12 and sometimes stuttering.
    In the beginning of the performance issues I culled a lot of Sims but then I discovered Traveler and after igazor patiently explained its functions, my obsession with new worlds began! (I don´t want to bother igazor, so I don´t tag him, he has so much to do, that he doesn´t have to read my texts!)
    I could now move my beloved Sims to other worlds and could even play with them! Suddenly there were so many possibilities!
    Especially, because, as you can see below, Travis and Haldir have a lot of children and before Traveler they all lived in Moonlight Falls, which led to the problem that everyone was related to each other and the Sims didn´t find a partner. And Haldir has a few siblings, too, who also lived there.
    When I installed Traveler I began to move important family members to different worlds, this process isn´t finished at all. Because of this my Sims travel so much.
    And so, over the years, my families grew and grew, until now. I hope, that it isn´t too confusing to read who is related to whom. :)

So, let´s continue the story!
    Haldir and Taius went to work and to school in the morning, Tyler was working on his book, Travis was reading (he is a bookworm) and Stella was working on a sculpture
    MDxLchw.jpg
    yy0SBku.jpg
    IVt6Jb1.jpg
    (she was making a big show and in the end the sculpture broke :D )

when Taius came home, he played with his best buddy Tyson, they had a lot of fun!
    lW0ZRbd.jpg
    uga1MBe.jpg
    1sSA2uM.jpg
    3rFV09l.jpg
    iRUtimu.jpg
    9zjlmqw.jpg
    48G8fD2.jpg

in the early evening the family ate together (and I have to admit that my pets are slobs, they always beg for food, sorry, bad parenting o:) )
    Stella made a lasagne which everyone liked
    Hvz1W1t.jpg
    C49xv60.jpg
    xBkULPx.jpg
    1bWnS2i.jpg

afterwards they went to a party thrown by Stella´s niece Sylvie
    yS2nZ8Y.jpg
    Stella and Taius went dancing
    Tzb1TLk.jpg
    8m3TuTp.jpg
    r8TMrZJ.jpg

Tyler and his brother Timon jumped on the trampoline
    o5g7JxO.jpg

and when Tyler fell off he went to his wife and wanted some love
    yz0vJkH.jpg
    siLw6wO.jpg
    Jo80CeU.jpg
    fpZZkh1.jpg
    aYtDmFn.jpg
    Ui09SX5.jpg
    and danced with her
    NGXPAMq.jpg

Sylvie´s husband came home and guess what? He is Tyler´s oldest brother, Emerson. :D
    aw32eXa.jpg
    and Haldir and Travis had fun together, inappropriate to show here :p

When they all came home, Stella and Tyler watched the stars, nee, ceiling ;-) the others went to bed
    eqY0Gmj.jpg
    dPv8Gcf.jpg
    PJkGxJW.jpg
    m3VTYFl.jpg
    TcYEqrB.jpg
    The family´s day was very boring today, I made just a few screenshots mainly from the pets, like this one
    dT9ypFL.jpg

I just play through the day so that the neighbourhood could progress. I have some teens that are actually a bit older than Taius, but because of his many travels he is now older than them. So I have to age them up one by one and have to do a makeover in any case. ( :) The game generated outfits are hilarious and sometimes hurt the eyes!)
    And Taiuy gets older at Saturday, so I have to hurry up.

But I´ve searched through some of my pictures and found something funny:
    have you ever noticed that the Sims put a newspaper under the pumpkin when they carve, but then they put the waste at the floor? They could save the work of searching for a newspaper if they didn´t put the waste on it!
    UtXW3xr.jpg

and in winter the family had a visitor in the night:
    TC0jSol.jpg
    I don´t know what´s more discombobulating, the eyes and their lacrymal sacks, the stick (I really thought that aliens overcome old age!) or the swimsuit?
    Today I´ve tried to do a makeover of 5 Sims that became young adults, 2 are ready and saved and because of this I became too brave and tried (after saving and reloading) to make over the other 3. I was punished for it and got error 12 :'(
    So nothing new today. I hope my game behaves kind tomorrow and I can actually play again (heavily addicted :D )
    I´ll just post a picture of 2 of Haldir´s brothers, I´m planning of visiting one of them when Taius becames a young adult.
    Here are Hendrik and Helo Helmquist
    1mJNz5x.jpg
    and in order to show that they are brothers here is Haldir again (just because I can :p )
    6sXqFAD.jpg
    edited December 10
    All make overs have been made, Moonlight Falls has progressed, so it´s time to travel to Cape Garner Islands to celebrate Tauis´ birthday. The family travelled to the island, because Taius´ big brother Timian and his family live there and Taius wanted to see him again (he thought of him a few times in the last week and had the wish to invite him to plum). So thee family will celebrate the birthday together. And because 2 of Haldir´s children also live at the island (Misty, his oldest daughter, and Thom, his third son), he and Travis traveled together with the others.
    So here is the family arriving at their house at Cape Garner Islands:
    f0wtZFe.jpg
    And here are the first pics of the beautiful landscape, the family had to walk the dogs after the trip
    BKOY5KJ.jpg
    IzSwIm7.jpg
    E6EHU4d.jpg
    More pics of dog walking!
    They spent the whole day out in the wood or the beach, played with the dogs, met a friend, got a nice suntan.
    50DeHEH.jpg
    Travis, Stella and Taius went to a nice fishing spot together with T-Rey, Sissi and Rasta
    s6hXLt2.jpg
    O1s7pf7.jpg
    lSneCAy.jpg
    uDkDCRm.jpg
    4EJRZ0G.jpg
    3utVCdJ.jpg

Stella met Felix there, he is her son-in-law, he and Timian live with their two little kids at the island
    4SbvdWQ.jpg
    1AaCpN8.jpg
    then she read a bit while Travis got to know his grandgrandson
    vV05Nlr.jpg
    lUdM1QG.jpg

the dogs had fun, too
    cf9X3br.jpg

when it was getting dark, the six went back home
    YqjJDi6.jpg
    oFLJbzQ.jpg
    r5c1R0G.jpg

after the the others left for the fishing spot, Haldir and Tyler played with Tumari and Streuner
    4L2gGTG.jpg
    82UkKoL.jpg
    then they went to the beach with Tumari and Tyson
    qNAXDIJ.jpg
    yXp4F0A.jpg
    8vQtTTu.jpg
    EdaKWMN.jpg
    EgN6unV.jpg
    when it was too warm at the beach, Tyler and Haldir went home with the dogs
    mpiRqz7.jpg
    n1KXeHB.jpg
    bsK8xFI.jpg

while waiting for the others to come back home Tyler read something and Haldir made some researches
    rM6qQ5K.jpg
    9BdmNwS.jpg
    8VnxiZm.jpg

and after a relaxed day they went to bed happily :)
    And to tell the truth: it´s such a relief to play on highest options again! Although I really, really love Moonlight Falls, I always appreciate to be able to see my Sims and the surrounding clearly! :D
    The pets enjoyed the holiday, too.
    Streuner was playing with his toy mouse
    boBogZ1.jpg
    bBt3HXG.jpg
    lqIerlq.jpg
    QmdE3Fl.jpg
    OpfNu6T.jpg
    Lfvjx7M.jpg
    cHoBPRS.jpg
    porSo1c.jpg
    ngqPpPY.jpg

and for T-Rey every puddle is a good puddle :D
    XTD4jKl.jpg
    fgBJSG9.jpg
    aquqKDX.jpg
    08N9taH.jpg
    reK7Aah.jpg
    FK2VMIq.jpg
    vFGeJxg.jpg
    yiNEfSK.jpg
    KHIoYgr.jpg
    giblp2C.jpg
    H83PskA.jpg
    J9OlflR.jpg
    mission accomplished ;)
    sUMKQ3q.jpg

and welcome to our newest family member Takujo
    (he was a stray I couldn´t resist to add to the family, he will find a new permanent family when I travel with the family again :) )
    q2boQEs.jpg
    edited 1:32AM
    At the day of Taius´ birthday the sun rose over a nearly cloudless sky, it was already warm and it would be a wonderful day
    0yP4dgB.jpg
    qOQWtR5.jpg
    Taius was up first, his parents and grandparents were still sleeping. To distract himself he draw a picture (why his main color was brown, I don´t get, his view wasn´t the inspiration obviously
    BeldHNT.jpg
    WutSotC.jpg

when the grandparents were awake, they took him to the football field where they played catch and threw the frisbee
    Bb00PM1.jpg
    4y71xnK.jpg
    DVvlJnx.jpg
    foOtM5D.jpg
    NMQ7Jus.jpg

so his parents could organize his birthday party
    OC3MvSu.jpg
    Tyler was texting his intstructions to the party planners, while Stella played with Sissi. And why not combine the stress with leisure?
    After everything was organized, Tyler sat down and drew his wife
    XBbuVbD.jpg
    well, ok, it´s not an exact copy of her, more an interpretation ?!? ;) of her, but hey this is creative freedom, right?
    yG6JMyU.jpg
    vXEp3B9.jpg
    the three are at the beach at the back of the house
    idKO2Tk.jpg

in the dawn Tyler and Stella went to the football field to join the others and then it was time to go to the birthday party location (the dogs were sent home)
    Mizee1v.jpg

nearly half of the people of the island were there (there are only 31 inhabitants, so this was not difficult to achieve, especially, because all 31 Sims are related to each other somehow :p )
    DzfgoWN.jpg

then it was time
    rHznQCD.jpg
    wmY9KDk.jpg
    58fVZFd.jpg
    OaJjPZs.jpg
    ECLP6YO.jpg
    Taius was happy to be of full age (but no way I keep his outfit!)
    k5EGAZT.jpg

the guests tried to get a piece of the birthday cake, not all of them got one
    8KTGI74.jpg

I was happy to see Taius´ brother at the party and that he got a piece of cake (and that he was pregnant with his third child!)
    FZk5n01.jpg
    Xs2fkD1.jpg
    BzYpqfT.jpg

when they finished the cake the guests and the family were dancing, drinking and having fun
    (can you see at the bottom left corner of the picture where Tyler is dancing? He actually is a loner, so he autonomiously searched for the loneliest spot to dance, in front of the restrooms :D )
    gH7B9Hp.jpg
    all others were in the main room
    YfNUVtf.jpg
    and then I thought I couldn´t see properly: Sissi was sleeping at the dancefloor! The poor old girl run across the whole island to follow her mistress (she is Stella´s dog)! I really felt sorry for her, because she was so much in the red with her needs that I´ve cheated and rose her needs!
    2UMZJ8Y.jpg
    FM0zDWg.jpg

I discovered grandpa Haldir dancing happily, he made such a cute face, I have to show!!! <3
    0EPKCb4.jpg
    bI6jXWN.jpg
    d8pIkzA.jpg
    6QskSDi.jpg
    tqV46Uk.jpg
    even the birthday child danced
    2N5nKOn.jpg

and Tyler had to deal with his attraction, all three of the ladies tried to flirt with him and didn´t leave him alone, poor boy :D
    Am0tlXe.jpg
2...Next