Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Feature Is...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

He did this in his free time. HIS FREE TIME. No resources were wasted on this.

It was a waste of time. Time better spent knitting, or crocheting, or even engaging in the tangle that is macrame, or designing exciting underwear for sims.

That's awfully rude -- you might see it as a "waste of time" but the developer didn't, and there are players who will appreciate this feature especially those who create video content.

I see it as a waste of time, because it was a waste of time. Use of it is likely to cause headaches, nausea and maybe even migraines for some people. Who would want to appreciate those side effects?

A nice comfy macrame hammock would be so much more useful.

You do realize that it is possible to adapt to the side effects right? I play VR a lot and I don't experience those side effects anymore, I did when I first tried it but over time it stopped, just keep doing it enough then you will adapt as well. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

It was a waste of time. Time better spent knitting, or crocheting, or even engaging in the tangle that is macrame, or designing exciting underwear for sims.

That's awfully rude -- you might see it as a "waste of time" but the developer didn't, and there are players who will appreciate this feature especially those who create video content.

I see it as a waste of time, because it was a waste of time. Use of it is likely to cause headaches, nausea and maybe even migraines for some people. Who would want to appreciate those side effects?

You do realize that it is possible to adapt to the side effects right? I play VR a lot and I don't experience those side effects anymore, I did when I first tried it but over time it stopped, just keep doing it enough then you will adapt as well. :)

This. It's a very uncomfortable feeling, but it was worth it to overcome because VR is an amazing experience.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I could not care less and will likely never use it. I'm not a sim, I'm my sims' overlord.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited November 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I'm not a sim, I'm my sims' overlord.

OMG that was hillarious LOL :D:D:D:D:D Epic comment my friend, epic
    I wasn't interested either when it used to pop up in various convos around the internet
    along with Sims VR, and when they announced it atthe start of the stream ,I was "meh" but after watching the entire stream and a few youtube videos i realised i could find 1-2 ways to use it. Not so much for gameplay, as i don't think the sims for me is a game that i could enjoy in FP , but for showcasing it's gonna come in handy.
    Still it's a matter of personal preference , and how each of us play their game , so i do understand the people who are not gonna bother with it at all
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I could not care less and will likely never use it. I'm not a sim, I'm my sims' overlord.
    I am the god of my sims world, I control them and observe them like a god. :D
    Eventually I will be RP a evil overlord (Vampire lord) and have all the sims bow before me! while I play in first person. >: D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like this feature it's unexpected and I'll toy around with it here and there. Also the Guru that made it in his/her time Thank you. They really didn't need to toy around with a feature like that especially if it was in their spare time. #ImGrateful.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

This. It's a very uncomfortable feeling, but it was worth it to overcome because VR is an amazing experience.

Yes, it's true - my hubby loves VR. When he first got his VR set up, he was feeling queasy. Now he's on it all the time.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I think it's a cool update and I'm not mad about it because it's basically a mod that a guru made in his spare time that became official content.

But I think they should have told the GCs roughly what to say about it. Not to say we are all going to lose our minds, just that the opinion they're giving is their personal one.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png