Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Feature Is...

iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
First Person POV! Made by Sim Guru Ghost. It's insane to me that we didn't think of this (and even more insane that I mentioned on a Sims 5 thread how cool that would be - and here it is!). So you can see everything your sim sees, pet's included (although you can't control them). I've included two screenshots, how excited are you guys??

Toddler's POV:
cu5oxcE.png

Creepy Walk:
90ofYFX.png

Swinging:
aUol0mN.png

Walking Through Doors:
cEgBCH7.png

Rock Climbing:
l3vHAQo.png

*The Game Changers will apparently let us know how woohooing, fights, etc. work with this view

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    real babies, NPCs, would have been a better option.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I love it.
  • iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2018
    Can you guys even see the pictures? They aren't coming up on my end

*Fixed
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    Not really excited, the Sims isn't really a game I play in First Person. It just makes the graphics look bad with all the clipping and flat textures :/
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2018
    We can't see the pics. It's fun but it was making me sick a little bit. Also I like that we can also use pets POVs. Oh and it's probably awkward during woohoo and when your sim is in the bathroom.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I like this a lot, opens a new door for video creators
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I love it! <3
    #Team Occult
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Honestly didn't expect this but I can't wait to play around with it. I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Not bothered. I love first person mode in games. With the sims I think in certain situations it would break my immersion. For example kissing, woohooing. The sims 4 I don’t ever see me using it.
    I didn't get how you use it though, what/where to click.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Maybe not among my top 20, but definitely a feature I had wanted. Granted, it's gimmicky, situational and not aiding in reaching the sims' goals, but I can see me spending much time with it.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    We had a first person mode in Sims 2. (with a cheat I believe) It was a cool novelty feature - use once and done but I don't see myself using it anytime soon. Still glad to see some people excited about it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    All that looks absolutely horrible. Like I need to get closer to a bowl that isn't round.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

I believe you just hit "Shift + Tab" to go into first person pov, you can interact with object, hold the Shift button to use your cursor (to cancel actions and stuff) and use spacebar to switch between family members
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I don't like it at all.. Sims 4 is not that game that needs a first person view in my opinion. But I am happy for all who love this feature :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    real babies, NPCs, would have been a better option.

And it also would have been a much bigger update. Gurus did say small, but fun. Yes some GCs hyped it up, but y'know, maybe they're actually hyped for it. It isn't for everyone, some will love it, others won't.
    Thanks ! But I play on a MacBook so it won't be the same keys.
    iBrow wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

I believe you just hit "Shift + Tab" to go into first person pov, you can interact with object, hold the Shift button to use your cursor (to cancel actions and stuff) and use spacebar to switch between family members
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not a fan. I might use it for 3 days and then quickly get over it. I'm also worried about the fact that the game was lagging a lot when they were using it and the clipping was kind of bad but expected. It sort of breaks the immersion of the game to see what's going on underneath the blankets or the ball pit.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Never would have thought of it but it's really neat, offers a whole different way of inhabiting the space/your sim. Seeing the house you spent hours feeling nice and lived in from first person will be cool too. Plus, with the poses acting will implement it offers some interesting storytelling opportunities.
    &PHgr;
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan. I might use it for 3 days and then quickly get over it. I'm also worried about the fact that the game was lagging a lot when they were using it and the clipping was kind of bad but expected. It sort of breaks the immersion of the game to see what's going on underneath the blankets or the ball pit.

Since you know a lot about modding and or custom content, I think we both know camera angles and messing with the camera points can cause lag. I wait on the complaints.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Since you know a lot about modding and or custom content, I think we both know camera angles and messing with the camera points can cause lag. I wait on the complaints.

and the Gurus say they never use Mods or CC..so
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited November 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

and the Gurus say they never use Mods or CC..so

Point is changing the camera and or the lighting can cause a lot of problems. Just sayin' Will wait to see how much this feature is used by regular players who don't have a Youtube channel... or any website.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Ewwww, some mods are going to be weird in first person. All I’ll say is yuck!