Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Feature Is...

Comments

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    ugh no thanks. If that's their big patch feature then I don't want it downloaded pfft....of all the things people beg for and they'd give us this? Doesn't surprise me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ugh no thanks. If that's their big patch feature then I don't want it downloaded pfft....of all the things people beg for and they'd give us this? Doesn't surprise me.

If you go way back to when TS4 was first released there was a thread under Ideas about this, and I think it had like five people who wanted it. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I didn't watch the stream but just saw this, there is a way to turn it off right?? :s
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I didn't watch the stream but just saw this, there is a way to turn it off right?? :s

You don't even have to turn it on.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan. I might use it for 3 days and then quickly get over it. I'm also worried about the fact that the game was lagging a lot when they were using it and the clipping was kind of bad but expected. It sort of breaks the immersion of the game to see what's going on underneath the blankets or the ball pit.

Ewwww, some mods are going to be weird in first person. All I’ll say is yuck!

OMG I didn't even thought about that one ahahaha. I do not want to know how it'll look even ahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    In my opinion, The team could make a little more effort, to bring us babies, burglars, or even new stairs types... but as always, they make features that could have been in the game from the beginning instead of creating really new and beneficial stuff which can be *played* (like toddlers) and not a way of playing like this. Anyway, As usual after the big guesses and speculations I am disappointed.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It doesn't bother me. They said it was small but fun - which meant it wasn't going to be babies, CAW, etc...
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    There's something I don't understand....they have the time to make joke features with weeks worth of work, that have nothing to do with the sims, but somehow, somehow.....doorbells, individual biographies, body hair, more service/fun NPC's, trash compactors, grocery system, laptops etc, are not being made.... and aren't nowhere near priorities? I don't get it....I seriously don't.

Even as someone doing it on their own for fun. Can't someone make on of those on the own for fum
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    There's something I don't understand....they have the time to make joke features with weeks worth of work, that have nothing to do with the sims, but somehow, somehow.....doorbells, individual biographies, body hair, more service/fun NPC's, trash compactors, grocery system, laptops etc, are not being made.... and aren't nowhere near priorities? I don't get it....I seriously don't.

Even as someone doing it on their own for fun. Can't someone make on of those on the own for fum

Exactly my point ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There's something I don't understand....they have the time to make joke features with weeks worth of work, that have nothing to do with the sims themselves, but somehow, somehow.....doorbells, individual biographies, body hair, more service/fun NPC's, trash compactors, grocery system, laptops etc, are not being made.... and aren't nowhere near priorities? I don't get it....I seriously don't.

Weeks worth of work? When did they say that? I heard it was about a week. And how do you know that those things you mentioned are not being made? None of us knows what features are in development until they're announced.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I think this is brilliant. I seem to be in the minority but oh well

You're not. :)
    edited November 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    There's something I don't understand....they have the time to make joke features with weeks worth of work, that have nothing to do with the sims themselves, but somehow, somehow.....doorbells, individual biographies, body hair, more service/fun NPC's, trash compactors, grocery system, laptops etc, are not being made.... and aren't nowhere near priorities? I don't get it....I seriously don't.

Weeks worth of work? When did they say that? I heard it was about a week. And how do you know that those things you mentioned are not being made? None of us knows what features are in development until they're announced.

The guru was meant to take a week......but then it took extra weeks to make it smooth enough to be put into the final game. They said it so in the stream, they had to do a lot of work to smooth out the camera, remove the head of the sim, add new UI for it, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

The guru was meant to take a week......but then it took extra weeks to make it smooth enough to be put into the final game. They said it so in the stream, they had to do a lot of work to smooth out the camera, remove the head of the sim, add new UI for it, etc.

I see. Well, it's still not a big deal. It's coming for free and there are simmers who've wanted this. Other things that we've been wanting are still probably being made. I have no issue with what we're getting, my only issue was game changers who were misleading.

Maybe nothing, just having fun, goofing off and accidentally create something. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It started off a joke apparently. I’m thinking that joke will backfire in certain sim situations like showering or woohoo or even kissing as the latter two will just be bizarre.

Maybe they will jokingly decide to give sims more personality.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    This is garbage. I usually don’t complain, but this is just a complete waste of resources. Please update the multiple life stages that are painfully lacking. Please give our sims more to do outside of their homes, going to dinner and bowling get old real fast. Please bring back cars. Please update relatives. Please give us NPCs. I just don’t understand how we can continually add to a game when the base game is STILL missing essential features.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    2018 has been a naff year for me so far simwise. I haven't bought anything since C&D.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I never play my sim self and I have never considered playing "first person" in sims but I suppose some folks will use it and have a blast. I might fiddle around with it for a bit but I can't see myself using it very much. I'll be curious to see the pictures that other players take with the new feature.
    I never play my sim self and I have never considered playing "first person" in sims but I suppose some folks will use it and have a blast. I might fiddle around with it for a bit but I can't see myself using it very much. I'll be curious to see the pictures that other players take with the new feature.

Yeah, but pictures seems to be the only thing people play in TS4. Lots and lots of pictures.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

The missing body hair is indeed inexplicable.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah, but pictures seems to be the only thing people play in TS4. Lots and lots of pictures.

Well come on., players have to do something during those marathon restaurant meals. That take far too long

Oh wait now I can look at my food! *Mind Blown* :p
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well come on., players have to do something during those marathon restaurant meals. That take far too long

Oh wait now I can look at my food! *Mind Blown* :p

We've got elbows! Whee!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    kittymeow wrote: »

You don't even have to turn it on.

Oh ok good, I wasn't really sure what it was all about. Just watched a few videos and it actually looks cool. :D

The missing body hair is indeed inexplicable.

Maybe one day they will mess around with the swatches in game and create a color wheel.