Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Feature Is...

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Just think if we ever get roller coasters how 1st person will be in TS4.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    michelei wrote: »
    This is not something I wanted but it might be fun. It is also free. I think a guru coming up with a unique functional fun idea on their own and the sims team adding it to the game is brilliant. Maybe it will open the door for more experimentation. I also think it will be interesting to see how other players use it and it will be fun to experiment with myself.

Totally agree with this. It's not my cup of tea and not something that I can see myself using a lot; however, I love the fact that a Guru thought it up and then made it happen (in his free time). I'm excited to see what others do with it. :mrgreen:

Ditto here -- I might occasionally hop into the mode for unique screenshots (imagine acting from the actor's point of view), but it's not something I'll use all the time in game play.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I think it's interesting!
    It makes surroundings and buildings look way more beautiful, and since I enjoy aesthetics, I can see myself switching into this mode to soak in scenery and interiors.

It can make the game more challenging, as you're only allowed to see what your sims see. In situations like vampire break-ins, you have to race for your plasma to lock the door.

As the simgurus said, some fun challenges can sprout from this. I know that I'd like to play a survival challenge through this POV since it makes it feel more like one of those role-playing games and it's more challenging to find things.

All in all, not what I expected and sure, not something I'd ask for, but I like it nonetheless.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

As if I wasn't nauseous enough already...
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

He did this in his free time. HIS FREE TIME. No resources were wasted on this.

It was a waste of time. Time better spent knitting, or crocheting, or even engaging in the tangle that is macrame, or designing exciting underwear for sims.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I love it!!!!! This is a cool Feature, I always wanted it so i'm really happy right now!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Hopefully they don't kick us out of first person camera and it can be like planet coaster.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD SWIMMABLE OCEANS OR REAL BABIES OR TWEENS, I DOUBT I WILL EVER USE THIS

I'd like those things too but this new feature didn't take away from those potentially being worked on. it's something small and fun (for some people) that a guru did during his free time.
    Good point, I can totally accept that!

QueenMercy wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

It was a waste of time. Time better spent knitting, or crocheting, or even engaging in the tangle that is macrame, or designing exciting underwear for sims.
    How dare someone do what they want on their own time instead of checking your list of approved activities.

Indeed!
    It's just terrible!
    They could have made a macrame hammock in that time!

tumblr_nv91m9whdi1tendedo1_500.gif
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think since we'll also be getting the Terrain tool in this patch, it'll even out for the people who don't want to use first person. I'm excited for both however.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    It looks awful. Useless addition to the game. It's only worth a few laughs and then, done. I will never use it. It was funny watching them woohoo though.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan. I might use it for 3 days and then quickly get over it. I'm also worried about the fact that the game was lagging a lot when they were using it and the clipping was kind of bad but expected. It sort of breaks the immersion of the game to see what's going on underneath the blankets or the ball pit.

Ewwww, some mods are going to be weird in first person. All I’ll say is yuck!

Is not yuck. It's very very weird. They lay completely still on their backs and move their mouth like a fish. I don't wanna see my sims like that. I love them too much.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    iBrow wrote: »
    First Person POV! Made by Sim Guru Ghost. It's insane to me that we didn't think of this (and even more insane that I mentioned on a Sims 5 thread how cool that would be - and here it is!). So you can see everything your sim sees, pet's included (although you can't control them). I've included two screenshots, how excited are you guys??

Toddler's POV:
    cu5oxcE.png

Creepy Walk:
    90ofYFX.png

Swinging:
    aUol0mN.png

Walking Through Doors:
    cEgBCH7.png

Rock Climbing:
    l3vHAQo.png

*The Game Changers will apparently let us know how woohooing, fights, etc. work with this view
    Since this seems to be what woohoo looks like when you look closely I wouldn’t expect too much ;)

zo59z2rk4vdtlrtj3tq3.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan. I might use it for 3 days and then quickly get over it. I'm also worried about the fact that the game was lagging a lot when they were using it and the clipping was kind of bad but expected. It sort of breaks the immersion of the game to see what's going on underneath the blankets or the ball pit.

Is not yuck. It's very very weird. They lay completely still on their backs and move their mouth like a fish. I don't wanna see my sims like that. I love them too much.

That's what happens without mods.
    IceyJ wrote: »

What do you mean? Does something else happen in first person view with mods? I was watching someone else's video on YouTube that was showing what woohoo looked like in first person. Not sure if they had mods or not.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

What do you mean? Does something else happen in first person view with mods? I was watching someone else's video on YouTube that was showing what woohoo looked like in first person. Not sure if they had mods or not.

MidnightAura was referring to a certain adult mod which we can't name on this forum. If someone has that mod installed, you could see very explicit details in first person...
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2018
    I can't wait till this is released, if this releases on console; I am going to put my VR headset on and play it that way, kinda gives a semi VR experience hence why, I have been doing that in first person with red dead redemption 2, it's pretty fun. LOL
    If this leads to Sims 4 VR edition, I will smile. :D

Yes I know it's odd to play sims first person that way but it will do till the VR version gets released (if that ever happens). :open_mouth:
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All that looks absolutely horrible. Like I need to get closer to a bowl that isn't round.

I agree with this as The Sims 4 art style is best appreciated from a distance.
    Things don't look so good close up, and seeing clipping is very immersion breaking.

I do think I will begin to identify moments where I will want to see things from my sims's point of view, but I doubt I spend much time there.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

That's awfully rude -- you might see it as a "waste of time" but the developer didn't, and there are players who will appreciate this feature especially those who create video content.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All that looks absolutely horrible. Like I need to get closer to a bowl that isn't round.

I agree with this as The Sims 4 art style is best appreciated from a distance.
    Things don't look so good close up, and seeing clipping is very immersion breaking.

I do think I will begin to identify moments where I will want to see things from my sims's point of view, but I doubt I spend much time there.

I'm thinking more of individual screenshots to illustrate a story, rather than actual first person gameplay.
    edited November 2018
    We don’t need this feature for screenshots. There’s nothing I can’t achieve with screenshots now that I will be able to achieve with the feature, that’s just a matter of moving the camera. I in fact love doing that, choosing different (unexpected) angles when I take screenshots, also in Sims 3.

Like this:

yYe7tzO.jpg

Just crawl into the bassinet and picture mom leaning over you ;)
    5JZ57S6.png

That's awfully rude -- you might see it as a "waste of time" but the developer didn't, and there are players who will appreciate this feature especially those who create video content.

I see it as a waste of time, because it was a waste of time. Use of it is likely to cause headaches, nausea and maybe even migraines for some people. Who would want to appreciate those side effects?

A nice comfy macrame hammock would be so much more useful.
    I watched the footage posted here yesterday and I became motion sick right away (I easily do unfortunately). I didn’t when I followed my son playing GTA first person a while ago, but as such that doesn’t have to mean anything. Sometimes I get sick on a boat/car, sometimes I don’t. So it might me coincidence or it might be the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I see it as a waste of time, because it was a waste of time. Use of it is likely to cause headaches, nausea and maybe even migraines for some people. Who would want to appreciate those side effects?

A nice comfy macrame hammock would be so much more useful.

Okay but he did it in HIS SPARE TIME. He didn't sacrifice anything to make it. I felt a little woozy watching the live stream so I'm not going to use the darn feature. It isn't that big of a deal. Geez Louise.

Also, I'd never use a hammock either so I think that would be a waste of time. Just like I think Laundry Day is a wasted pack.