Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Play Your Game?

Comments

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I play vanilla. I don't like the way some cc (not all) change my sims body shape or the skin details that make some sims look completely different than what they would actually look like with out it. If I make a sim look a certain way i'd like them to stay that way please. I do like mods but I always forget to update them after patches so I don't bother anymore.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Vanilla. I can't be bothered with CC. I have used mods before & will probably use them again sometime in the future, but right now I just like the game as it is, even the constant cussing I do at my screen over all of its annoyances. It's surprisingly cathartic.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Vanilla.
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    A small amount of mods and CC but nothing too crazy-- CAS seems to have a lot of bootcut jeans for male sims much to my horror :s I couldn't let that stand lol
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    I used to play vanilla back in 2015 but I decided on using CC because I wanted more clothing/hair/skin options, and I felt like the game needed some tweaking with mods.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Mods only, I hate shopping and CC reminds me of that.
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    I try to be CC clean because I may download a lot of them but I don't use all of them at all. Maybe only 10% of what I download. But mods I use them, specially MCCC, More columns for CaS and random ones that add variety. But I can't go without Custom body hair.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    KotyaKotya Posts: 4 New Member
    Usually I play without mods)
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I use MCCC and CAS maxis match cc
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I use mods mostly for behavioural tweaks and bug fixes (so MCCC plus a few LittleMsSam fixes). I don't use CC because I feel like the effort involved wouldn't return much of a reward for me as I don't really mind most of the vanilla appearances. Having to clean up hundreds of pieces of CC every time a new patch or pack was released would be tiresome.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2018
    I often spend hours downloading cc, only to eventually delete them bc I prefer playing vanilla. I use MCC and I've dipped my toes into other mods, but yeah I generally delete them quite quickly. It feels more "clean" to me to play vanilla.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Just checked, have 8,89GB of mods and CC :D It's mostly female MM hairs, female MM tops and MM full outfits.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No CC and no mods. except for the bugs, my game works ok. and I have so many clothes with what came with the add on and EP's I don't use them all.
  • Options
    EllaMauii248EllaMauii248 Posts: 2 New Member
    I use cc and mods because I only have parenthood and base game so it the game gets kinda boring without any.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Vanilla with no cheats ever - rotational with many households as well as with Maxis families and my own sims. I control aging of every one of my households and Maxis households.

In my own household I start with a ya - give it basic skills , career, and start them off, and then move to another lot, add another YA, do the same, and so forth. When I have about a dozen housed and started YA's I start rotating the play - adding in a day or two play with different Maxis households as needed - adding wardrobes, jobs if needed, skills, making friends with my sims, etc. Also as needed I add in more single YA households hoping some start forming love interest in other unmarried sims and eventually form families - in one of the sims houses. As I move sims in together I add another new YA to the abandoned houses. I build up my rotations a few at a time - all on one save - which I back up periodically. As I said I try and incorporate most of the Maxis Sims as well into my play - especially all the old Maxis favs first and then start adding the newer ones to to my rotations.

My worse problem in the Sims 4 is lack of affordable lots for all the YA's I want to start out. The new world was no help at all as i had 5 households I needed to move there with only one lot available - so I didn't buy it. I am tired of buying worlds that offer no room for my sims no matter what greatness they offer. Characters need homes to live in. other wise what is the point of having a game about life if all you can do is watch it like a movie and not have a base to play it like a game? I don't want excuses why an empty lot is a performance issue in a game they have "YEARS more content planned for" their words - not mine - when only 1 lot at a time loads. That makes no sense and I cannot see that excuse as acceptable. Remove the fake and give us empty lots.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I use both. Mostly cc though. I have so few mods that patches don't bother me much. And I can play without them in the game. ( Mostly). I like the more sims on lots mod the most. Never bothered with MCCC because I don't want any story progression in my game.

Once Sims 4 is done I may go out and get a few more mods so it plays how I feel it should. But I don't like having to go and update every time a patch happens so I leave it as is. Aside from my cc. I don't like the eyes, eyelashes, or hairs in the game. Or the clothes. Or some of the furniture. Or the music. Or lighting. Or other things.
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I honestly don't think I could play without my CC! I love going "cc shopping" and finding and trying new things. Def maxis match only, though. I don't play with any mods, only because it makes my computer run super slow. I wish I could play with MCCC but oh well!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I play vanilla. I prefer no mods or CC.
  • Options
    clare74clare74 Posts: 107 Member
    vanilla. i used to have a lot of cc and some mods in my old game but it took up a lot of space on my computer so when i got a new computer i started fresh. the only cc i have now is eyelashes and a couple of clothes and hairs i never really use.
    family tree (legacy family)
    origin id: clareo74
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I only play with the packs as I have no idea how to add cc or mods.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I don't play with any game changing mods, only MCCC and Luumia's No Glo/Blu. Then for custom content I only have CAS stuff -- minus clothing. I decided to stop downloading so much clutter since it tends to lag my game.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have never used mods or CC and don't really have the energy or time to start doing it now. It seems like a hassle to me and I dislike the majority of CC I see anyway.
    As for mods, I have considered several times to get MCCC but so far I haven't done it yet.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm very picky about the CC I use. I like to stay with the ones I don't have problems with like Kardoffe. Without CC everything looks too much the same for me. I want the sims to look unique, they don't when they are all using the same hair the same clothes. You can shadow their features using the cheek colors and give more demention to the faces.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited December 2018
    Prior to GF I actually had three mods in my game. MCCC (which I can't seem to live without) and a couple to help me create a singer Sim and fame. The only cc I currently have in my game is Khitsule's pointy ear package. I gave up everything else as patches along the way have broken things to the point it made playing the game impossible.

ETA: Since GF I now have back the latest version of Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career mod. I'm happy as a clam. Got my Singer Sim back!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    Okay, I got in because someone I followed on tumblr had the bright idea to add overwatch characters to their Sims games. Then I had to jump in, for a while I only played with CC. But as I added more Overwarch characters, I needed to add Reinhardt and Torbjorn, the tallest and smallest characters respectively. So I added a mod to change hight.

Since then I've added several mods that I've found useful and I haven't gone back.
    2nte6j4.png