Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Play Your Game?

I decided to conduct a poll to see how players play when it comes to Mods, CC, Both or Vanilla. I'm just curious to see, after 4 years since the release, how we all play and why we play that way. I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find a recent Poll asking this. If there is one forgive me for posting yet another thread about this.
*I also want to add this is not a post to bash players on how they play their game. We all have our own unique style of how we play and why we play that way. Please be respectful to one another. Thanks 😊*
"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

How Do You Play Your Game? 321 votes

I play with just Mods
14% 46 votes
I play with just Custom Content
4% 15 votes
I play with both Mods and Custom Content
47% 151 votes
I play with EA packs only (Vanilla)
29% 94 votes
Other: explain below
4% 15 votes

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    IIRC I originally got the MCCC to curtail culling. But ever since they introduced the culling options last year, I guess I just stuck with it because it's still a pretty helpful tool :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I enjoy the game just how it is. Without mods, cc or cheats :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I used to be Mods-only, but I've been adding CC more recently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I use MCCC. I don’t use CC because it either doesn’t look right or I get bored trying to find stuff.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I have over 1000 pieces of cc and way too many mods in my game.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    Only MCCC for me. Ordinarily I stay away from mods, but MCCC is essential seeing as EA missed out pretty much my favourite part of TS3: story progression.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I have played all ways. With mods, cc and vanilla. Recently I have played vanilla but was debating on adding MCCC back because Ive grown tired of making other NPCs get married and have kids and I don't rotate in this game. I guess I'm just lazy haha but Deaderpool mod really is helpful. So I can focus on my single household and fix the issue with sims dying out around me. Idk maybe I should try rotational play. I've yet to try it in this game.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I have a lot of mods, but only download cc if it's based on Maxis assets, like separated clutter or frankenmeshes.

Of the two, I could play without cc the easiest. I simply can't without mods.
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Up until a few months ago I was vanilla, but then I switched to just having a few mods in my game (Pregnancy Mega Mod, Better Butler, & SimDa). Then like two weeks ago I tried out MCCC and downloaded a ton of cc only to realize I prefer my game practically vanilla. So now I only keep what I actually use (the 3 original mods & 7 pieces of cc)
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    I play mostly vanilla but I've tried some mods to enhance the game from time to time. I don't use any mods that I need in my game (like ones I think fix it ect..) My game has been completely vanilla again since shortly after seasons. I've only used CC now and again since the game released. Muted makeup .. and things like startrek uniforms... but those things come out of the game pretty quick. I think mostly because I clear it and don't want to search for it (or a replacement) again.
    I'll be better with mods/cc when the game is done. Glad I don't need it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Just MCCC for me.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I use mods and cc but very little of both. My cc is mainly shoes and cute little dresses for my female sims. For mods I have true happiness, UI cheats, townie names, no strays, and 8 no autonomous mods.

My total mods/cc folder is 53MB
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I have a ton of CC, but only a few mods. I try not to overload my game with mods cause it's always mods that create conflict.

I really like the mod that makes coffee actually work to give energy. I also like mods that allow YA do be romantic with other ages and also ones that allow two adults to kiss each other's neck as that is only a YA interaction. I also like the one that allows sim relationships to gain friend points over the phone and internet otherwise what's the point of calling anyone? I also have a couple mods that disable annoying stuff like the monster under the bed and the nudity censor. What are they censoring, really? Lol
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've used MCCC practically since I started playing last spring, and added a couple of minor mods later. The only CC I have are default skin replacement and body hair, and a couple of other pieces of CAS cc. Currently debating if I should get more or not.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    I noticed in the past I got carried away with CC lol. I used to have a huge folder filled and it became like an addiction. I just couldn't stop. I have since started attending AA meetings to get help 🤣.. plus with all of the packs we had so far I personally felt I didn't need CC in my game anymore. Not that I'm against putting it in again... I just don't want to relapse lol
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited October 2018
    I use just MCCC, but it’s not on all of my computers that I play TS4 with. I used to have a huge mods folder a year or so ago, but it became too much work to keep up with bugs and broken mods so I got rid of it all and haven’t regretted it at all.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • HoodSimmerHoodSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    The base game is great, but i love playing with cc and mods to make it feel more realistic with actual brands etc.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I have quite a lot of mods for things like story progression and careers but only a couple of pieces of CC.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I've done them all I do it at random right now I have a few pieces of cc and some mods I'll get rid of it all when we get the patch and then I might look for cc after a while since I never put it all back in at once. Though I also might stay vanilla for a while depends on my mood.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I use mostly recolors and a very few non recolor cc items. I quit using mods a while back. I just would love more recolors. I really miss being able to recolor items in game the way we could in TS3.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm patiently playing vanilla... :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm playing vanilla. I like it that way. I've had too many bad experiences with mods in the past. :neutral: I don't like CC either as I'm too lazy to go hunting for stuff I like :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I don't have any mods or cc in my game folder, the few times I play the game.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    I used to have the story progression mod long ago, and was thinking about getting a mermaid mod, but I hated constantly having to update the mod stuff in past sims games, so I’ve been pretty vanilla for most of the Sims 4’s lifespan so far.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    Sims 3 is when I discovered CC and Sims 4 is when I started using mods don't miss playing without them it makes it more realistic for me