Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Play Your Game?

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    All the talk of mods ruining the game. Ouch!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It depends on which computer. I have one with mods and cc and the other has only the game.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims 4 is the only game I've tried CC and mods in. They're alright but I can totally go back to vanilla. Not a problem. I feel overwhlemed by the amount of stuff that's out there.
    People praise MCCC but that mod is the most overwhelming one. Too much detail. I don't want the whole game re-coded, re-programmed. Just some little tweaks.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Only mods I use are MCCC and No Mosaic.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I couldn't even play the sims without CC & mods. A HUGE Part of the fun for me is hunting down the perfect dress, shoes or accessory for my sims. I love making CC too, mostly recolors but I've been trying my hand at new objects and meshing. Mods I live by are, MCCC, No Mosaic, Locked doors for all and I have a few custom careers. I prefer my sims to have a more realistic look so I have lots of skin overlays, facial enhancers &birth marks.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2018
    The CC that I use is mostly CAS items(skins, make up, etc) as I like a lot of the clothing that has been included in the packs so far. I also use some BB CC because I'm not a huge fan of most of the couches, chairs, ect that have been in the packs.

I've been using mods and CC since Sims 2 :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I have maxis match custom contents but only the necessities, 265MB and two third of my cc is buy mode, one third is default skin, outerwear for adults, makeup, shoes and accessories . I don't use custom hairs or everyday clothing, I actually am content with what I already have in the game. The only game mod that I have is "More Best Friends", because restricting my sims to only have one best friend is just dumb.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Depends on my mood. I'm mostly a builder so I tend to play vanilla because I want people to download my builds. Plus I think the stuff in game, I have all packs, is really good.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited October 2018
    Mods and CC. I dislike the fact that we have very few curly hairstyles and started downloading CC to get more for my first sim family and it kinda just went downhill from there, I have almost a gig now, all maxis match :D I also can't live without MCCC and UI Cheats. Deaderpool and weerbesu have all of my respect for creating such useful mods and keeping up with them over the multiple patches that break them.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    EmCross96EmCross96 Posts: 35 Member
    I use to use so much CC on the Sims 2 but just haven't seen the need for Sims 4. :smile:
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I play with mods and CC normally, but when new packs come out I always take out most mods and CC except MCCC, skins, and makeup, & eyebrows/lashes.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I play with lots of CC, but never used a Mod, since my Sims 2 always broke because of mods.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I just play vanilla. Mmm, vanilla...
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I played with CC for a short time, but it was only ever Maxis Match. I was over it after a few weeks and wiped everything. Now I just play vanilla.
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

I just love CC. In sims3 I didn't use much, because of the colour wheel. When I was looking for something special, most time is was already in the game and with the colour wheel, I could design it the way I want.
    I started to use Mods in sims 3 to keep the game stable. In sims 4 I have next to mcc around 7 or 8 other mods. Not to keep the game stable, rather get control about the game.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have over 6GB worth of mods and CC in my mods folder, so yeah.. the vast majority is CAS, but a lot of it is also recolours of build/buy stuff, add-ons, separated beds etc.

I do try to keep the script mods at a minimum since they are liable to breaking with patches. MCCC and UI Cheats Extension are the only two that I consider absolutely necessary in my game.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I play with both mods and CC, mostly because I know how to manage them (and am not too lazy to do so) and as a result I see no reason for myself to not use them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I play with a very small amount of CC... I use 'Heliantheas super bland comic eyes' and 'Zerbu's more club icons.' Other than that, I just use base stuff. It's so strange, because I used to make CC in the Sims 1 and 2, and used TONS of it in 1-3... But for some reason, I'm pretty vanilla in TS4.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I have save files that are currently used that have a mixture of these. Some are vanilla, some have mods only, some have maxis match cc, others are full mod/CC. Depends on what I need from my gameplay.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I use a ton of mods and cc. Last year when I started playing, my game was vanilla. I didn’t think I’d ever use mods because I was afraid of my game breaking. But then I started seeing things in the game that I didn’t like, like autonomous behaviors that interfered with my game play. I remember one behavior was active sims exercising all the time, stopping conversations in public places to do sit-ups. That’s when I started using mods. I also bought a better laptop and an external hard drive to back up my sims folder just in case something goes wrong. Now I use MCCC, custom careers, hair, clothes, furniture, a lot of LittleMsSam’s mods, Nando’s Tropical Getaway mod, and a lot of other mods and cc.

Basically, if there is something I feel my game is lacking, I search for a mod or cc so I can have the storyline I want. If I didn’t have mods, I probably wouldn’t play at all because I really like my game play. I don’t mind the process of figuring out what’s broken after patches. I’ve gotten pretty good at it. I know a lot of them will break with the update that’s coming before Get Famous. When that happens, I’m going to wait until my major mods (careers and MCCC) are repaired before playing.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I only use a few mods but tons of CC in my main save. I like to have a lot of fantastical characters in my games so I'm always on the search for unusual clothing and body accessories like horns, wings, hooves, tails, teeth, etc. I also love clothing from different eras, especially Victorian, and Apocalyptic, Steampunk, and Goth designs. My saves end up resembling as little to the real world as possible.

I'm also always looking for mods to dampen the autonomous use of technology, especially cell phones, and I love the MC Command mod, particularly the "risky vampirism" that allows a chance for any Sim who has been bitten to become a vampire. <3>:)

I also keep a completely separate Sims 4 folder that is totally vanilla. I use this whenever a new pack comes out and just swap out my modded folder to put this one in. It allows me to properly test how the pack runs for a few weeks to see if there are any bugs, and it buys time for the modders to do updates so I can refresh my mods. This way, when I put my main folder back in, I can tell (mostly) which bugs are from the game itself and which ones are related to my CC and mods. It's a whole process with each new expansion, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I only use MCCC and a couple of other mods. But I find with each release, my mod folder gets smaller and smaller.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I find the mods helpful to tweak different aspects of the game and make it easier to activate cheats when I need it. I have not sives into CC because I fear there will be no coming back lol.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Most of what I have is clothes and building stuff. MC Commander does most of what I want so I don't need a lot of mods that change the game. I just have a few of those.
  • Options
    LazyGamerLazyGamer Posts: 39 Member
    I only play with a few peices of cc. Matte lip and some maxis hair