Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I also wonder if the new world is more fitting for the terrain tools. Some have been saying the current worlds are too 'flat' so making hills and such with the new tools would seem out of place. Maybe this new world would blend that in more? I dunno, that's just another random aspect I thought about. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Like that guy just pouring money with his hands.This pack will be a festival for materialistic sims.

It's a good point! I always wonder what else I can do with my materialistic & snob Sims..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Well I’m excited, it made my day anyway!
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The drama club sounds right up my alley, I have a teen sim perfect for this though she prefers Broadway over Hollywood. Maybe I can emulate stage plays somehow with this pack.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    According to the blog it looks like bouncers and nightclubs may be back. I hope so!

We've already got the nightclubs (they were base game then improved with the GT DJ booths) -- would be nice if there was some sort of system to make them exclusive to Sims of a certain celebrity level, either some sort of rope device with a bouncer who can be bribed to let ordinary Sims in or maybe lot traits.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I know night clubs are in the base game but bouncers and not being able to get in is new and I hope it’s done right.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Been browsing around online and it amuses me that not even a full day into the release of the trailer, and some people assume this is, yet again, 'the worst pack ever' or 'has nothing in it', lol. Haven't seen any livestreams yet. Haven't seen any reviews yet. Haven't seen any gameplay yet. But people jump to conclusions anyway.

Fame is not a high priority on my Simming gameplay. It's mildly interesting, sure, but if we did without it, I wouldn't miss anything. But that being said? Here's what the trailer is showing me:

First, the basics: A new active career to explore. A new world to build in. A new way to spice up old careers. Cool build/buy mode items and CAS assets. A new system (fame) to tinker with, which probably leads to more options on controlling townies on various lots and such. Maybe the movie studios are a new lot type? Maybe there are new lot traits?

Second, the impact to the rest of the game: Did you see all those cool costumes? With Dine Out, you can have a scifi-themed Diner! Or how about a Pirate bar? Maybe we can build outdoor play theaters. Maybe you can expand movie theater set ups if you have Movie Hangout. Maybe you can make 'groupies' for celebs with the club system from GT. I'm looking forward to giving my Bob Ross Sim his own tv show (or movie, depending on how that goes in the new pack). Heck, I've got a group of Sims from the Supernatural tv show that could actually have that show now! :D Back when the Kids' Room SP came out, I made an outdoor theater for them. Maybe now it can actually be one the way it was meant to. I bet you could make a store from GTW that sells movie memorabilia.

There are way more possibilities than people give it credit for. You'd think Simmers of all people would have more creativity.

We certainly have a lot more to learn about this pack! My concern is it's releasing in 38 days, and all we have right now is a poorly written Origin description and a trailer showing a whopping minute and four seconds of the same content over and over again.

Which is why some are inclined to post how they aren't vibing well with the pack in terms of content/design already. Usually, a studio puts out a trailer showing the best of everything a pack has to offer from the get go. There's also the fact that this is TS4's 6th expansion, so most people are familiar with how things function.

My creativity only extends as far as EA allows it to.

My take on this pack is that there's 4 things to it:

The world, which is not exactly a new gameplay feature
    The fame system which is the new gameplay system but something that's not very showy in a trailer unless you have a narrator or text telling you what's going on
    The acting career, yes this pack is all about the movie industry
    Living the wealthy life

The two major gameplay things are fame system and acting although the blog post mentioned that the more funds you have, you'll unlock certain interactions. Like that guy just pouring money with his hands. This pack will be a festival for materialistic sims.

That's my take too. I'm just not really into it for $40. I'm sure the acting career will be fun to do once, but I'm not sure about how long the novelty will last. All my Sims somehow end up rich in no time so the whole 'living the wealthy life' thing doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm waiting for more info, but for now my guess is that I'll wait for a sale.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Not the pack for me. Personally I am much more hyped about the terrain tools.
    I am looking forward to seeing more of the world though, the distance shots didn't reveal enough, hoping for another trailer next week.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Since I'm into using The Sims to do things I can't do in real life - be a vampire, go to a South American jungle, cook - Get Famous is right up my alley, even if it does look overpriced.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Hmm, I wonder how that will work. Will they gain fame once they reach a certain level of the career? I just hope it's not too easy to become famous...

Glad to see these tweets. This means (if I get the pack, and I probably will) my food critic sim can be low-level famous; like a food vlog youtuber, and my musician sim can have fame from as a singer/songwriter/guitarist.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Just saw James' (TheSimSupply) reaction to the trailer. Apparently his Sim makes a cameo, along with Deligracy and someone else. That's cool. You wouldn't even notice if he didn't tell you, but hey! :D He has some nice ideas about the build/buy items too, especially the stage lighting and cameras. Can't wait to see his builds. :)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am officially excited and reinstalling to ready for this! I forgive you for all the bugs atm, am so excited that this is going to be active career! This will be so much fun and usually dont want Halloween time to end but this helps push me for it to be over so I can get this pack! I truly cannot wait!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Cute trailer.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Since I'm into using The Sims to do things I can't do in real life - be a vampire, go to a South American jungle, cook - Get Famous is right up my alley, even if it does look overpriced.

:D
  • Options
    Just saw James' (TheSimSupply) reaction to the trailer. Apparently his Sim makes a cameo, along with Deligracy and someone else. That's cool. You wouldn't even notice if he didn't tell you, but hey! :D He has some nice ideas about the build/buy items too, especially the stage lighting and cameras. Can't wait to see his builds. :)

I recognized James but not Deli and Mira
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m excited! I am not usually one for fame packs but this one looks like it could be a lot of fun, especially the acting career and the fact that you can be famous with the other careers as well. I need a bit more info on it, but from what I’ve seen so far it looks great. I’m just really curious about the fame system itself. I didnt like it in sims 3 at all, but sims 4 has been doing a lot of things very different and honestly better in my opinion. So I am looking forward to more info on how the fame and reputation system works.
  • Options

That's funny. No offense to James, but his Sim is the most generic white guy ever, lol. If he didn't point it out in his video, I'd have never known it was him. :D
  • Options

That's funny. No offense to James, but his Sim is the most generic white guy ever, lol. If he didn't point it out in his video, I'd have never known it was him. :D

:D I'm just good with faces, even sims I guess. I've seen his simself enough
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I don't think this will be in the EP, but i'd love if our sims could besides actors also be directors, bodyguards, paparazzi, makeup artists, etc.
  • Options
    DopieDopeSimDopieDopeSim Posts: 84 Member
    Sooo excited for a LA type of world!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    D99Yj0D.jpg
    The guy in the white jackets hairstyle looks kinda cute. Better atleast than some of the ones from C&D’s :s
  • Options
    Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Breaking down the stuff we see being filmed:

1. Shape of Water/Creature from the Black Lagoon fish woman (male version in render)
    2. A Star Wars looking creature running lines with a Mad Max-ish girl
    3. Marie Simtoinette laundry commercial (male Rococo outfit seen in render)
    4. Kid's show with rabbit suit
    5. Superheros fighting with rainbow lightsabers
    6. Pirates swashbuckling on ship (don't miss the "wenchy" woman at the wheel)
    7. Another Mad Max-esque post-apocalyptic barbarian?
    8. Medieval woman on Game of Thrones looking set
    9. Western cowboy and cowgirl
    10. Edwardian women by fountain
    11. Generic romantic leads on village set

I wonder how much creative control we have over everything. We can probably pick costumes and sets and the swords/lightsabers makes me wonder about props. The best would be if you could do simple "scripts", like: "swordfight scene + love scene + death scene" and be able to choose the sets/costumes for each.

We also see these presumable NPCs:

1. Camera man
    2. Techie creating snow FX
    3. Various crew / assistants
    4. Costume measuring
    5. Hair/makeup
    6. Director saying "from the top"
    7. A bouncer door man
    8. Paparazzi
    9. Screaming fans
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'd prefer University for sure, but I admit I'm excited for this pack as well! Let's hope there are plenty of costumes our Sims can choose from and the acting career isn't just a rabbit hole. I hope the new world is a city world almost like San Myshuno and the views we saw in the trailer and screenshots aren't just backdrops. Hair, makeup, and clothing options look really cool and I can't wait to make my Sims direct their own movies!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i did stage crew for a decade in a professional theatre (and with a ballet company) so seeing those npc doing the directing, filming, props and such really makes me want to be able to play those roles, too. alas

also, that kid's show star we're seeing is the voidcritter vulpes, though i'm sure there's a freezer bunny version of that outfit, among others

from the trailer:
    fb64fd324e03ea28a9970b3b92724477.jpg

vulpes the voidcritter:
    2d8ac702b846a16ebba73274b85eb9cd.png

also, gurus have already said that acting is an active career, akin to the ones from get to work. you go to the lot, help (or hinder) them on set and see how things play out
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    How come I didn't recognize Vulpes! I love that they keep bringing back the voidcritters. I feel like I haven't played with them enough yet :)
  • Options
    Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Sadly, I think if there was a director/behind-the-scenes branch for the film career, it would have been mentioned in the highlights. Still, it would be weird to have all those new objects and animations around the set if only NPCs can use them, so hopefully I'm wrong.

I can also see it being horrifically slow and glitchy if you need to have all those crew members in the right place to get your filming done. 😬