Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    The costumes look so...detailed :o Oh my God.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'm curious about the filming. Are alle the scenes and sets premade or can we create them?
    I'm curious about the filming. Are alle the scenes and sets premade or can we create them?

That will probably only be possible if there is a director career. Hmm...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm loving the hair and costumes, but I hope there's more than just an acting career. Singers/musicians and models should be included as a path to fame
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I'm loving the hair and costumes, but I hope there's more than just an acting career. Singers/musicians and models should be included as a path to fame

If singing was a path to fame they'd show it. I also am disappointed by the narrow focus of acting!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Whats this: QuhgoLy.jpg
    edited October 2018

I fear that is unlikely because it's not listed among the key facts. Also incredible amounts of works seem to have gone into the filming location. Who would have thought that we'd see Marie Simsoinette advertise for washing powder??
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

We already have the Entertainer base game career -- I would assume that this pack can expand the options for that career as well as other base game careers.

I noticed different genres of movies being done, like a pirate movie -- so I guess we know what the voice work recently done was for now. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    I truly wonder how careers in this new range will work. Are there new careers? Are they open? Are sims really working around you when your acting in a movie? Looks cool actually.. I never was a fan of celebrity packs, but if this brings other new options and careers, I kind of like it.

Oh and love the new hollywood style world and the plane in the beginning! Hopefully we have more then.. 1 lot. Hopefully it has apartments too.
    I truly wonder how careers in this new range will work. Are there new careers? Are they open? Are sims really working around you when your acting in a movie? Looks cool actually.. I never was a fan of celebrity packs, but if this brings other new options and careers, I kind of like it.

There is at least one new career. If the surrounding sims didn't actually work as portrayed by the trailer, they would've put a disclaimer.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2018
    I love all the movie genre shoots.
    It looks like one career to me, but hopefully more depth than Get To Work careers.

Ooh, I just read that fame can be found in all career tracks.
    Claim Your Fame Now your Sims can live out their wildest dreams of fame and fortune! Rise to stardom in your current career, or catapult to fame with a new pursuit. Bask in the limelight as an aspiring actor or livestream your every moment as an influencer.

So does this mean there are three paths to fame: The other careers, Actor, SimTuber/Twitcher?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited October 2018
    Do you think penthouses will return in the new city world? Or a skyscraper solution like in TS3 Roaring Heights? I'm sure they don't repeat apartments.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    At first I was like... meh just Moviestars? But 🐸🐸🐸🐸, it's very thought out and detailed. I love the attention to all the aspects of movie making.
    We also know there was a lot of voice work done for the pack -- looks like much of it was for different types of shows/movies. I guess at the bottom of the acting career you're doing laundry soap commercials, then you move up into TV shows (like a kids show) before you start getting movie roles and such.

I'm loving the CASsets in this pack -- the new jumpsuits, the hair on the main Sim plus some of the background ones. And the new world has that great Hollywood vibe -- hope there'll be enough empty lots for placing a spa and a karaoke bar.
    Jean wrote: »
    At first I was like... meh just Moviestars? But plum, it's very thought out and detailed. I love the attention to all the aspects of movie making.

We get the stylist career for free and singing and photography are already very fleshed out in TS4. Bands however would have been nice.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2018
    I was actually really excited yesterday...but this trailer and the heavy focus on just acting made me realize that a new world might literally be the only thing this pack has over the already existing Road to Fame mod. So now I'm just kinda "....meh" :/

So far it feels more like a game pack than an expansion.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Looking great - and one only month away! I'm excited.

I was wondering if acting is going to be the only way to become a star, but if you look closely at 00:47, for a split second, you can see a female sim being photographed and cheered on while playing the guitar. So while acting may be the only new active career, it may not be the only way to become famous after all.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    If there's only one career, what would that stylist, bodyguard or camera man then actually do? Would they be NPC's that just pop up in your own career, or lower levels of the acting career or another road of the same career.. The stylist could be part of the new free fashion influencer career though. Wonder how they will get connected.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I just hope this EP will also offer content for the players that don't want their sims to be famous. Will there be cinemas, theaters? Maybe premiers and other elegant events that your sim can attend if they have connections? Or is this literally just about rising to fame through an acting career? I need more info....
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    I was actually really excited yesterday...but this trailer and the heavy focus on just acting made me realize that a new world might literally be the only thing this pack has over the already existing Road to Fame mod. So now I'm just kinda "....meh" :/

So far it feels more like a game pack than an expansion.

I've heard of the mod but haven't used it. Being official content it's not going to break in a patch like a mod would. And maybe it's got features not included in the mod. Give it a chance.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    At 0:47 in the trailer it shows what I assume is the paparazzi taking pictures of someone playing a guitar, so maybe musicians/bands will be included but just not shown in this short, first trailer.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It looks beautiful. Loving the acting sets with all the detail there. The makeup chair.. yes! I'm getting Sim 1 vibes hard but brought into the future. Looks like a bodyguard or bouncers are there too? Love seeing the director's (?) animations.The parked cars are making my heart go pitty pat too..
    I loved Superstar ... and I'm really looking forward to this.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Didn't expect this at all but it looks awesome!!! I wish they'd include a band feature but purely from the trailer it doesn't seem like it. Maybe they'll reveal more soon. Very excited for this pack!!! And fortunately I got plenty of AC Odyssey left to tide me over til then :D
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I get the feeling there won't be bands and we technically have musicians already. Pre-order page says "rise to stardom in your current career, or catapult to fame with a new pursuit." I'm sure sims in other careers can become famous as well.
    6riwm5.png
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't know how to feel about this trailer, very little is actually shown. The movie sets and costumes look beautiful. But what is the new fame system like? What are the different careers? What does the city even look like? Nothing else is shown. All I see in this clip is someone acting and then partying. Not the best trailer in my opinion...