Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I hope there is a way to avoid the reputation system. Don't get me wrong I want to try it out.. but I like to play cheaters/bad guys that don't get caught. It's part of their sneaky character.

Options? In Sims 4? Pshaw!

Can't rain on my parade lol. I'll wait and see.. *Bites nails*
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I confess the trailer was a mild disappointment of mine, it could have a little more of energy to my taste.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited October 2018
    Apparently "Get Famous" adds a new club for children&teens drama club

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some more tea for you all! Children can be some degree of famous, yes. Also we have a fun little Drama Club that kids and teens will be able to join. However, no professional child actors (working with their stage parents would have been nightmares).</p>— 🎃 Kate The Pumpkin Queen 🎃 (@SimGuruKate) <a href=" 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    To be honest, the more I'm hearing, the more it looks a little bare bones. We get the fame/ reputation system (which looks cool) a new world, and then only 2 career, both of which are in acting? Doesn't sound like it costs $40. Where is modeling, bands, singers, directors, designers? The fame system seems like a cheap way for them to avoid adding in new careers..
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    I wonder if the Athlete career will be affected by this? Being a famous bodybuilder or a professional athlete seems like it would work well with the fame aspect...
    This. This is really what I’m interested in. SimguruKate said they worked so it can work with other careers, so maybe being at a high level of the career, but honestly these are mainly the questions I’d like answered first. How does the fame system work, luckily she tweeted there will be a livestream for this aspect along with reputation.

Athlete is definitely one of the most obvious candidates for fame (at least the Professional Athlete branch, not sure I know any famous bodybuilders, but I might be wrong), so it would be silly not to open the path to fame for this career. Other very likely candidates in my opinion include Entertainer, Social Media, Writer, and Painter, anything art-related really. It would also be interesting to see how the sim world would handle a star criminal, especially if Get To Work is installed and cops are a thing. One job that most likely won't get the fame treatment is Secret Agent because, you know, secrecy and all that.

Off the top of my head, there was the late Jack LaLanne who was a famous bodybuilder then later had an exercise show on TV for many decades. And Arnold Schwartzenegger was famous as a bodybuilder before he went into acting/politics. I could see having a bodybuilder Sim becoming a personal trainer to the stars, mentoring them in fitness and becoming famous that way. As for Secret Agent, maybe the system could be used to create a James Bond-type Sim. Pretty much any career could lead to fame with the right options.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    To be honest, the more I'm hearing, the more it looks a little bare bones. We get the fame/ reputation system (which looks cool) a new world, and then only 2 career, both of which are in acting? Doesn't sound like it costs $40. Where is modeling, bands, singers, directors, designers? The fame system seems like a cheap way for them to avoid adding in new careers..

did you miss the fact- the other careers since the base game and up are also going to allow you to be famous? Famous painter, famous chef, famous author, etc
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    According to the blog it looks like bouncers and nightclubs may be back. I hope so!

We've already got the nightclubs (they were base game then improved with the GT DJ booths) -- would be nice if there was some sort of system to make them exclusive to Sims of a certain celebrity level, either some sort of rope device with a bouncer who can be bribed to let ordinary Sims in or maybe lot traits.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some more tea for you all! Children can be some degree of famous, yes. Also we have a fun little Drama Club that kids and teens will be able to join. However, no professional child actors (working with their stage parents would have been nightmares).</p>— 🎃 Kate The Pumpkin Queen 🎃 (@SimGuruKate) <a href=" 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder how that works? We already have club system in Get Together; maybe it'll work more like Scouts in Seasons as an after-school thing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I know I'd rather have a lot of detail in every part they add in to the iteration so I can tell better stories. I don't mind if they don't have lots of careers. I just want them to be fleshed out when they come. That's why I'm loving this game so far.. no change there for me. The acting career looks awesome so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    According to the blog it looks like bouncers and nightclubs may be back. I hope so!

We've already got the nightclubs (they were base game then improved with the GT DJ booths) -- would be nice if there was some sort of system to make them exclusive to Sims of a certain celebrity level, either some sort of rope device with a bouncer who can be bribed to let ordinary Sims in or maybe lot traits.

We also have those velvet ropes already too; you can find them in the Von Haunt estate lot where it is used to block certain rooms in the house. Some interact-able gate attachment would be the only new thing there.
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm very happy that after 15 years (more or less) we are finally getting a superstar remake. Fame is back, that's okay......

But a brand new active career with acting, and a brand new urban world. I'm very happy with this. It's been awhile for me since I've been excited over an EP. Since city living in fact. Ive waited years for this I'm glad its coming back around.

I know some people are more practical simmers and really enjoyed (maybe not..) cats and dogs, parenthood, seasons etc. But me? I really look forward to these kinds of packs. There are different groups of simmers who enjoy different things and some of us have waited years for this.

If I had to pick out a criticism to counter balance my opinion of what I've seen, it would be that I wish music or modeling could have also made it in. Recording studios and runways would have fit nicely. Alas we can't have everything.

After seeing how the acting career played out in the trailer, I can see a lot of work went in to making it a real and tangible experience. Like I said I will be keeping an eye on the news and live streams.

EDIT: also the world appears to be abit more desert in nature and I'm also really stoked for that. We only have one, and its okay....but I'm glad we are getting more.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options

Wonder how that works? We already have club system in Get Together; maybe it'll work more like Scouts in Seasons as an after-school thing.

the club system isn't the same thing as Scouts. there was little for children to do after school until Seasons
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Really like the sets from acting careers, and everything looks fun. Can't wait to learn more about it in coming weeks. :)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

did you miss the fact- the other careers since the base game and up are also going to allow you to be famous? Famous painter, famous chef, famous author, etc

I understand that, but just adding fame to existing careers is very easy. Will each of the old careers have a different set of animations, gameplay and costume for their fame levels? No. Only the acting career will have those things. Which is why I think there's no excuse for not adding in music, singer, band, or modeling career.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    I wonder if the Athlete career will be affected by this? Being a famous bodybuilder or a professional athlete seems like it would work well with the fame aspect...
    This. This is really what I’m interested in. SimguruKate said they worked so it can work with other careers, so maybe being at a high level of the career, but honestly these are mainly the questions I’d like answered first. How does the fame system work, luckily she tweeted there will be a livestream for this aspect along with reputation.

Athlete is definitely one of the most obvious candidates for fame (at least the Professional Athlete branch, not sure I know any famous bodybuilders, but I might be wrong), so it would be silly not to open the path to fame for this career. Other very likely candidates in my opinion include Entertainer, Social Media, Writer, and Painter, anything art-related really. It would also be interesting to see how the sim world would handle a star criminal, especially if Get To Work is installed and cops are a thing. One job that most likely won't get the fame treatment is Secret Agent because, you know, secrecy and all that.

The only famous bodybuilder I know off the top of my head is Arnold Schwarzenegger, but that was once he became an actor and left bodybuilding. But if the top of the career is some sort of celebrity "something," I think it should be included.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options

the club system isn't the same thing as Scouts. there was little for children to do after school until Seasons

But I never said they were. I'm saying the 'drama club' sounds more like how scouts work.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Like the scouting children after school activity?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    There are also surpirses they had mentioned that have not been told yet. So this makes this much more excitinggg!
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this new pack.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    As much as I wanted witches, this sounds like fun! I don't think people should jump the gun on one trailer. Not when there's so much they haven't shown us yet. There's plenty of time for more surprises and information.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Been browsing around online and it amuses me that not even a full day into the release of the trailer, and some people assume this is, yet again, 'the worst pack ever' or 'has nothing in it', lol. Haven't seen any livestreams yet. Haven't seen any reviews yet. Haven't seen any gameplay yet. But people jump to conclusions anyway.

Fame is not a high priority on my Simming gameplay. It's mildly interesting, sure, but if we did without it, I wouldn't miss anything. But that being said? Here's what the trailer is showing me:

First, the basics: A new active career to explore. A new world to build in. A new way to spice up old careers. Cool build/buy mode items and CAS assets. A new system (fame) to tinker with, which probably leads to more options on controlling townies on various lots and such. Maybe the movie studios are a new lot type? Maybe there are new lot traits?

Second, the impact to the rest of the game: Did you see all those cool costumes? With Dine Out, you can have a scifi-themed Diner! Or how about a Pirate bar? Maybe we can build outdoor play theaters. Maybe you can expand movie theater set ups if you have Movie Hangout. Maybe you can make 'groupies' for celebs with the club system from GT. I'm looking forward to giving my Bob Ross Sim his own tv show (or movie, depending on how that goes in the new pack). Heck, I've got a group of Sims from the Supernatural tv show that could actually have that show now! :D Back when the Kids' Room SP came out, I made an outdoor theater for them. Maybe now it can actually be one the way it was meant to. I bet you could make a store from GTW that sells movie memorabilia.

There are way more possibilities than people give it credit for. You'd think Simmers of all people would have more creativity.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    We'll have to wait and see, but I assumed the movie sets/shooting locations would be a closed neighborhood like the detective, doctor and scientist neighborhoods from the other active careers. Since you can only have so many sims on a lot at a time, and it needs to be the sims working on the movie/commercial, it would keep random townies from walking through the shot or getting in the way.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2018
    Been browsing around online and it amuses me that not even a full day into the release of the trailer, and some people assume this is, yet again, 'the worst pack ever' or 'has nothing in it', lol. Haven't seen any livestreams yet. Haven't seen any reviews yet. Haven't seen any gameplay yet. But people jump to conclusions anyway.

Fame is not a high priority on my Simming gameplay. It's mildly interesting, sure, but if we did without it, I wouldn't miss anything. But that being said? Here's what the trailer is showing me:

First, the basics: A new active career to explore. A new world to build in. A new way to spice up old careers. Cool build/buy mode items and CAS assets. A new system (fame) to tinker with, which probably leads to more options on controlling townies on various lots and such. Maybe the movie studios are a new lot type? Maybe there are new lot traits?

Second, the impact to the rest of the game: Did you see all those cool costumes? With Dine Out, you can have a scifi-themed Diner! Or how about a Pirate bar? Maybe we can build outdoor play theaters. Maybe you can expand movie theater set ups if you have Movie Hangout. Maybe you can make 'groupies' for celebs with the club system from GT. I'm looking forward to giving my Bob Ross Sim his own tv show (or movie, depending on how that goes in the new pack). Heck, I've got a group of Sims from the Supernatural tv show that could actually have that show now! :D Back when the Kids' Room SP came out, I made an outdoor theater for them. Maybe now it can actually be one the way it was meant to. I bet you could make a store from GTW that sells movie memorabilia.

There are way more possibilities than people give it credit for. You'd think Simmers of all people would have more creativity.

We certainly have a lot more to learn about this pack! My concern is it's releasing in 38 days, and all we have right now is a poorly written Origin description and a trailer showing a whopping minute and four seconds of the same content over and over again.

Which is why some are inclined to post how they aren't vibing well with the pack in terms of content/design already. Usually, a studio puts out a trailer showing the best of everything a pack has to offer from the get go. There's also the fact that this is TS4's 6th expansion, so most people are familiar with how things function.

My creativity only extends as far as EA allows it to.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

We certainly have a lot more to learn about this pack! My concern is it's releasing in 38 days, and all we have right now is a poorly written Origin description and a trailer showing a whopping minute and four seconds of the same content over and over again.

Which is why some are inclined to post how they aren't vibing well with the pack in terms of content/design already. Usually, a studio puts out a trailer showing the best of everything a pack has to offer from the get go. There's also the fact that this is TS4's 6th expansion, so most people are familiar with how things function.

My creativity only extends as far as EA allows it to.

My take on this pack is that there's 4 things to it:

The world, which is not exactly a new gameplay feature
    The fame system which is the new gameplay system but something that's not very showy in a trailer unless you have a narrator or text telling you what's going on
    The acting career, yes this pack is all about the movie industry
    Living the wealthy life

The two major gameplay things are fame system and acting although the blog post mentioned that the more funds you have, you'll unlock certain interactions. Like that guy just pouring money with his hands. This pack will be a festival for materialistic sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    2125jo.jpg
    this hair though. <3
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)