Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd prefer University for sure, but I admit I'm excited for this pack as well! Let's hope there are plenty of costumes our Sims can choose from and the acting career isn't just a rabbit hole. I hope the new world is a city world almost like San Myshuno and the views we saw in the trailer and screenshots aren't just backdrops. Hair, makeup, and clothing options look really cool and I can't wait to make my Sims direct their own movies!

The acting career isn't a rabbithole. You actually get to see your sims acting.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Sooo excited for a LA type of world!

Yes! Really brings me back to the good old days of Superstar. So that's at least one thing they did right in this pack, so far. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2018
    I look at the Gamechangers in the trailer and I think, "Wow, EA really is not being subtle about how they reward their most loyal promoters, are they?"

I mean, all the people in it are not just Gamechangers but consistently gush over every pack and tiniest snippet of rumour. As Krusty would say "They drove a dump-truck of money up to my house! I'm not made of stone!" I figure I might break too if it was my face. Except it's not money they're being paid with. They're being paid in their own reputation. If the pack bombs, their rep bombs.

I'm not saying that the Pack will be bad. Heck, I'm not even saying that I'm not eager. This is exactly my kind of pack. I'd be excited if I opened the case and all I found was... well, it's imagination time. But I wish people wouldn't trust Gamechangers so implicitly. They don't change the game, and the only influence they have, is on us. They were even squealing about cars thanks to that limo decor, but there are no cars in this pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    I look at the Gamechangers in the trailer and I think, "Wow, EA really is not being subtle about how they reward their most loyal promoters, are they?"

I mean, all the people in it are not just Gamechangers but consistently gush over every pack and tiniest snippet of rumour. As Krusty would say "They drove a dump-truck of money up to my house! I'm not made of stone!" I figure I might break too if it was my face. Except it's not money they're being paid with. They're being paid in their own reputation. If the pack bombs, their rep bombs.

I'm not saying that the Pack will be bad. Heck, I'm not even saying that I'm not eager. This is exactly my kind of pack. I'd be excited if I opened the case and all I found was... well, it's imagination time. But I wish people wouldn't trust Gamechangers so implicitly. They don't change the game, and the only influence they have, is on us. They were even squealing about cars thanks to that limo decor, but there are no cars in this pack.

I don't really care about the gamechangers program. But I thought the inclusion of the youtube simmers as stars was tasteful actually. EA/Maxis usually use celebs to plug their game and it gets kinda cringey at times. Katy Perry, Millie from stranger things etc. They have a new artist plugging this pack too, I don't remember their name (in fact I think they are going to play the new EP on the Today show lol). Anyways they usually make it this big ordeal for good PR. But the youtube stars thing was kinda subtle and I thought it was good nod to the creators without going overboard on the cringe.

One mans opinion.

Although I do agree with you that the gamechangers have to much sway over peoples opinion, but then again so does LGR so.....
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member

you are very, very wrong there.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Sadly, I think if there was a director/behind-the-scenes branch for the film career, it would have been mentioned in the highlights. Still, it would be weird to have all those new objects and animations around the set if only NPCs can use them, so hopefully I'm wrong.

I can also see it being horrifically slow and glitchy if you need to have all those crew members in the right place to get your filming done. 😬

There were only like 10 sims on the lot when she was really doing the filming. That isn't too much. I routinely have 20 sims on lots at one time with hardly any lag issues.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. I guess it's nice for them to be in the trailer, but it almost feels like EA is saying "Hey, you were featured in the trailer, now don't say anything mean about this pack!" I really hope they're not featured in the actual game, that would just be outright pandering. And I don't think most people really care whether 3 youtubers were in the trailer, they're more interested in the gameplay and objects, so who was this for?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. I guess it's nice for them to be in the trailer, but it almost feels like EA is saying "Hey, you were featured in the trailer, now don't say anything mean about this pack!" I really hope they're not featured in the actual game, that would just be outright pandering. And I don't think most people really care whether 3 youtubers were in the trailer, they're more interested in the gameplay and objects, so who was this for?

Probably for the fun of it? Maybe a little pat on the back that happens when you like someone? They have a good rapport with many of them .. it's pretty obvious if you watch the streams and read the back and forth on social media and there are events that they go to and further contact that occurs to give them early access so they can prepare their reviews and such. I'm sure all that engagement is often fun for everyone involved. If there is more good will that comes from it that's a bonus. These game changers happen to have a face that many of their fans know. Just because a few people on the forums don't like it or them doesn't mean it isn't well received in other areas.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2018
    These social media Gamechangers have huge influence on the opinions of other people on the internet and EA knows it. That's why they like having them on their good side, sending them free review copies and cameos that last for less than a second. The thing is that a cameo in a trailer and a free review copy are very very cheap ways to get on somebody's good side - James Turner admitted that EA asked them for their Sim-Selves, so EA didn't even make them - the Gamechangers did. I like his honesty, btw.

There are also a bunch of Gamechangers gushing about the 'honour' of Sims Camp. Somebody even used the word 'humbled'. Not the words of an unbiased reviewer.

You need to remember that EA stopped sending LGR free review copies after a bit - they started sending him review copies when he was really enjoying the series, and then stopped sometime when he was starting to have problems with quality.

I've noticed that while nobody seems especially happy about the quality of MFP, the Gamechangers seem to... dodge around the issue of reskins and items that were cut. I don't want to name names but there's a distinct leaning on "This hamster is so cute!" as opposed to "This onesie is a reprint" or "Don't these chair, desk and lamp designs look a touch familiar?"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    These social media Gamechangers have huge influence on the opinions of other people on the internet and EA knows it. That's why they like having them on their good side, sending them free review copies and cameos that last for less than a second. The thing is that a cameo in a trailer and a free review copy are very very cheap ways to get on somebody's good side - James Turner admitted that EA asked them for their Sim-Selves, so EA didn't even make them - the Gamechangers did. I like his honesty, btw.

There are also a bunch of Gamechangers gushing about the 'honour' of Sims Camp. Somebody even used the word 'humbled'. Not the words of an unbiased reviewer.

You need to remember that EA stopped sending LGR free review copies after a bit - they started sending him review copies when he was really enjoying the series, and then stopped sometime when he was starting to have problems with quality.

I've noticed that while nobody seems especially happy about the quality of MFP, the Gamechangers seem to... dodge around the issue of reskins and items that were cut. I don't want to name names but there's a distinct leaning on "This hamster is so cute!" as opposed to "This onesie is a reprint" or "Don't these chair, desk and lamp designs look a touch familiar?"

It truly is sad how EA has conducted the Gamechanger program to how it is. Honesty, especially when it's brutal, in this business does not net you rewards/benefits with EAxis. Good that there are actually some better game companies and dev studios that take criticism better and adapt it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    > There were only like 10 sims on the lot when she was really doing the filming. That isn't too much. I routinely have 20 sims on lots at one time with hardly any lag issues.

I was thinking more like having to wait several Sim hours to start filming until all necessary sims get to their places, and then wasting a day of work because somebody got stuck.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Apparently "Get Famous" adds a new club for children&teens drama club

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some more tea for you all! Children can be some degree of famous, yes. Also we have a fun little Drama Club that kids and teens will be able to join. However, no professional child actors (working with their stage parents would have been nightmares).</p>— 🎃 Kate The Pumpkin Queen 🎃 (@SimGuruKate) <a href=" 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder how that works? We already have club system in Get Together; maybe it'll work more like Scouts in Seasons as an after-school thing.

they did seem to set up an entire page in careers for kids specifically for the scouts, so I'm guessing that the drama club will be added onto that.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    the trailer makes me more excited then I was I hope you can pick what film your in
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I really hope my writer can become a famous writer
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    I really hope my writer can become a famous writer
    They said that this is possible

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I agree with this. I don’t really think they should be there if I’m honest.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I agree with this. I don’t really think they should be there if I’m honest.

Influencers just want to be on EA's PR list.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I like to watch the video over just to see the new world. It looks so nice and I really hope all seasons can take part. It looks to be a world like San Myshuno, and all weather effects happens there. Can’t wait to take a screenshot of how it looks in the middle of a thunderstorm, or a blizzard.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Honnestly I wasn't hyped but now with the reputation system and the world I'm super hyper. I hope so they manage the reputation system correctly.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm betting we get a 2 minute trailer next week with narration. Seasons had a 2nd trailer 1 week after the first one was released if I remember correctly. Next Trailer should go more in detail about this pack.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I like to watch the video over just to see the new world. It looks so nice and I really hope all seasons can take part. It looks to be a world like San Myshuno, and all weather effects happens there. Can’t wait to take a screenshot of how it looks in the middle of a thunderstorm, or a blizzard.

I agree the world looks great. However if it's supposed to be based on Hollywood, California then I highly doubt we'll get snow let alone blizzards. :tongue:
  • Options
    Trashmagic wrote: »

I agree the world looks great. However if it's supposed to be based on Hollywood, California then I highly doubt we'll get snow let alone blizzards. :tongue:
    One can dream, though I wouldn’t mind it if not. I’m tired of going to Oasis Springs just to avoid snow
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited October 2018

Here's the thing: How many casual players know who the Gamechangers are? If you only follow the Sims YouTube account, then the Gamechanger sims were nothing more than just filler sims.

If I hadn't watched Deligracy's reaction video right after seeing the trailer, I never would have known that any of the sims in the trailer were of any note.

And I still don't know who Baby Ariel is.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »

One can dream, though I wouldn’t mind it if not. I’m tired of going to Oasis Springs just to avoid snow

Haha well I hope you get your blizzards. Yeah after playing in only Brindleton Bay since seasons release I wouldn't mind a new mostly sunny world. 😊
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I’ve already preordered oopssss!
    B17.gif

giphy_1.gif