Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Gamechangers know who they are even if a player doesn't. That's the thing. Their loyalty's been so easily bought.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Gamechangers know who they are even if a player doesn't. That's the thing. Their loyalty's been so easily bought.

If their loyalty was bought they would be positive about EVERYTHING that The Sims releases. Let me tell you, as someone who watches Deligracy, The Sims Supply, and Iron Seagull--they definitely criticize when they feel something needs it. I think it's fun for them to see their likeness on the trailer. I sure would be excited. No need to be so critical.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

If their loyalty was bought they would be positive about EVERYTHING that The Sims releases. Let me tell you, as someone who watches Deligracy, The Sims Supply, and Iron Seagull--they definitely criticize when they feel something needs it. I think it's fun for them to see their likeness on the trailer. I sure would be excited. No need to be so critical.

As they should. They also mention bugs they see in the game to EA even if it's just showing off an overview of a new pack.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    People have this misguided idea that critique has to be overly negative. I watch pretty much every SimSupply video, and not one goes by where he doesn't have suggestions for improvements and such. Just because he's not a raging lunatic about it doesn't mean he doesn't give critiques. They don't have to be excessive to be effective. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    Earlier I mentioned I thought we might get another trailer this week but since Sims Camp is this week I'm doubting this will happen now. Interestenly the Sims Camp Embargo ends a week from today October 22nd so the next trailer will probably be in a week. We shall see though. I could be wrong and we might get the second trailer this week anyway.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

Yeah, they do criticise various aspects of the game. They're not as blunt as people on here are though.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Earlier I mentioned I thought we might get another trailer this week but since Sims Camp is this week I'm doubting this will happen now. Interestenly the Sims Camp Embargo ends a week from today October 22nd so the next trailer will probably be in a week. We shall see though. I could be wrong and we might get the second trailer this week anyway.

I hope that we'll get another trailer this week.. But as you said, it's probably closer to the next live stream as it might be a game play trailer..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

I hope we get one this week. We aren't going to hear anything about what happened at Sims Camp for another week, so it would be nice to get some new information to keep us busy this week.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Folks this is veering into a discussion about Gamechangers. Can we get this back to the intended topic of this thread please? :) I'll quote the Opening post for context:
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited October 2018

As they should. They also mention bugs they see in the game to EA even if it's just showing off an overview of a new pack.

Yes they do mention bugs too. They are definitely not super happy bought-off robots. It bugs me when people say that. They clearly haven't watched their videos in depth and just jump to the conclusion that they are EA stans.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    What is a "stan?" A stalker fan? A starry-eyed fan? When I hear stan, I think of the former Soviet Union republics -- Uzbekistan, etc.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    What is a "stan?" A stalker fan? A starry-eyed fan? When I hear stan, I think of the former Soviet Union republics -- Uzbekistan, etc.

Obsessed fans that ship their celebirty with literally anyone and freak out when they reply to them. They originate from Twitter, Tumblr & Instagram. :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    from an online dictionary:
    66368260ae920abe24f080264c20a24d.png

it apparently originated from an eminem song titled 'stan' about a fan getting more and more obsessed with the singer. apparently some people now take the term as a positive thing, somehow. (i see huge amounts of 'i stan x artist' in kpop, cpop, and jpop circles)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Obsessed fans that ship their celebirty with literally anyone and freak out when they reply to them. They originate from Twitter, Tumblr & Instagram. :)
    Uh, I mean the term means stalker fan and is originally from that eminem song. What does that have to do with shipping ? I would have thought obsessive fans don't want to share their idols, so quite the opposite.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Uh, I mean the term means stalker fan and is originally from that eminem song. What does that have to do with shipping ? I would have thought obsessive fans don't want to share their idols, so quite the opposite.

I was being sarcastic since it is those people who mostly use the word nowadays.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2018
    @happyopi I'm an actual Stan, and I literally get rage from people saying Stan comes from <insert random thing here> :D I think I have a problem. The younger generation really needs to listen to Stan. :D
    In another thread someone said it originated from Lady Gaga - Lady Gaga! Someone please hold me down before I punch a wall.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited October 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
    We may get a new trailer teaser Tomorrow and a full trailer Tuesday. With the sims camp embargo ending Tomorrow and the big info drop this would be a great week to release a 2nd bigger trailer with narration.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned yet, but there is definitely a limo in one of those frames! Now, that likely won't have much functionality in terms of actual travel, but it may have some actions like "Woohoo in car", sort of like TS2. One can hope!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

did you miss the fact- the other careers since the base game and up are also going to allow you to be famous? Famous painter, famous chef, famous author, etc

I understand that, but just adding fame to existing careers is very easy. Will each of the old careers have a different set of animations, gameplay and costume for their fame levels? No. Only the acting career will have those things. Which is why I think there's no excuse for not adding in music, singer, band, or modeling career.

We don't know that yet -- maybe famous authors will be pestered for autographs just like actors, and can get into exclusive clubs.

People forget we already have musician in the game -- if you have CL you can even sing with guitar and/or piano. Maybe down the road they'll patch in singing for base game the way they did photography, but it's such a key feature of CL that I don't see it coming any time soon. With bands they'd have to add more instruments like droms, bass guitar, etc. plus record new tracks of the bands playing together -- I'd rather see that come in a pack like University personally.

In Sims 3 existing careers were included in the fame system -- and the film career was a rabbit hole. This time we get an active acting career, while still having paths to fame for existing careers. And I don't think it's as easy as you think it is -- you have to figure out which actions will add fame, which won't -- plus an opt-out system so players who don't want their Sims to become famous can keep them off the fame ladder while still progressing in their careers, and avoiding the mistakes of Sims 3 where everyone and their uncles were celebrities of some sort.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    People have this misguided idea that critique has to be overly negative. I watch pretty much every SimSupply video, and not one goes by where he doesn't have suggestions for improvements and such. Just because he's not a raging lunatic about it doesn't mean he doesn't give critiques. They don't have to be excessive to be effective. ;)

I seem to recall he was very negative about MFP, for example. So they're not gung ho about everything.
    We may get a new trailer teaser Tomorrow and a full trailer Tuesday. With the sims camp embargo ending Tomorrow and the big info drop this would be a great week to release a 2nd bigger trailer with narration.

Don't know about a teaser, but I could definitely see a longer overview trailer this week leading into the start of the livestreams on Friday. They could wait till Tuesday so as not to steal the thunder of the SimsCampers doing their reports tomorrow when the embargo lifts. (Thanks for starting the thread where folks can post links to info, by the way -- good to have everything in one place.)
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned yet, but there is definitely a limo in one of those frames! Now, that likely won't have much functionality in terms of actual travel, but it may have some actions like "Woohoo in car", sort of like TS2. One can hope!

I hope so.

Don't know about a teaser, but I could definitely see a longer overview trailer this week leading into the start of the livestreams on Friday. They could wait till Tuesday so as not to steal the thunder of the SimsCampers doing their reports tomorrow when the embargo lifts. (Thanks for starting the thread where folks can post links to info, by the way -- good to have everything in one place.)

You're welcome.
  • SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    BTW, do you think there will be a discount on get famous for Black friday?