Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous - Official Trailer

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    1HFduiml.png
    (colors might be slightly off from the trailer bc of my contrast settings)
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    1HFduiml.png

Definitely seems like an already famous actor just playing the guitar.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    1HFduiml.png

Definitely seems like an already famous actor just playing the guitar.

it's likely Baby Ariel, who is a singer and social media personality. I think it's mentioned somewhere her sim will be around in the world.
    6riwm5.png
    Kate just tweeted this:

Yep that's what I had understood from the trailer: fame perks are like vampire perks. Not linked to the career.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Hmm, I wonder how that will work. Will they gain fame once they reach a certain level of the career? I just hope it's not too easy to become famous...
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is going to be the EP for me! Ive got plenty of sims that are destined for stardom. I plan on making Johnny Zest the star he deserves to be.

Im excited. Its already bringing out new story possibilities. I just hope there will be plenty of new careers to compliment this EP, as well as really expanding the already established entertainment career. I would love to see my sims as models or even working behind the scenes as makeup artists.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    I’m glad other can become famous, we have Famous authors, chefs, politicians, and artist besides just actors. This is great
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2018

I've heard of the mod but haven't used it. Being official content it's not going to break in a patch like a mod would. And maybe it's got features not included in the mod. Give it a chance.

Sacrificial's pretty good at updating his mods when new patches come out, so I don't really have to worry about it breaking my game (nor do I most of the dozens of mods I use). I'm not writing this expansion off, just yet. But the more I think about it, the less incentive I already have to buy it when Road to Fame already has:

- Three active careers (acting, modeling, and singing)
    - Fans, obsessed fans, paparazzi, bodyguards, personal assistants, and police officers (with custom interactions/animations for all of them).
    - Three new skills that also include custom interactions and animations.
    - A fame system that's leagues above anything we've seen in both TS1 and TS3
    - Being able to receive gifts from fans
    - A new social media system that also doubles as a way for your sim to make extra cash via celebrity endorsements.

It's basically a free Game Pack

So far, Get Famous seems to have a new world and acting...just acting. If there are other paths to stardom in this pack, you'd think they'd wanna advertise them as well. But no. Just acting. So I'm gonna need more of a reason than it being an official EA product (which is no indicator of quality considering the number of times modders have made better content than the people actually making the games). Because so far, it feels like I'd be spending 40 bucks on a new world and features that I've already had for over a year now. This isn't me being negative or not willing to "give it a chance". This is me being realistic. It doesn't look like a bad pack. A tad shallow but not bad. But it also looks like something that's already readily available to us.

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I hope being famous is an option and not automatic.

Me too! It's already hard for me to act like my sims are still normal people with all those astronauts, secret agents and star comedians around, so if everyone is also famous all of a sudden, that would be a little bit too much.

I do want my simself to become a famous writer, though, and my Lara Croft to be a famous archaeologist. B)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't used the Get Famous mod yet but I have used some of his other mods.. Won't mention them here lol. Does Road to Fame give you intricate set dressings? Directors? A new world? I really have to check it out if it does.
    Yeah I don't use mods unless I absolutely have too they bunge up my game I'll be getting the official pack I think.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

I've heard of the mod but haven't used it. Being official content it's not going to break in a patch like a mod would. And maybe it's got features not included in the mod. Give it a chance.

Sacrificial's pretty good at updating his mods when new patches come out, so I don't really have to worry about it breaking my game (nor do I most of the dozens of mods I use). I'm not writing this expansion off, just yet. But the more I think about it, the less incentive I already have to buy it when Road to Fame already has:

- Three active careers (acting, modeling, and singing)
    - Fans, obsessed fans, paparazzi, bodyguards, personal assistants, and police officers (with custom interactions/animations for all of them).
    - Three new skills that also include custom interactions and animations.
    - A fame system that's leagues above anything we've seen in both TS1 and TS3
    - Being able to receive gifts from fans
    - A new social media system that also doubles as a way for your sim to make extra cash via celebrity endorsements.

So far, Get Famous seems to have a new world and acting...just acting. If there are other paths to stardom in this pack, you'd think they'd wanna advertise them as well. But no. Just acting. So I'm gonna need more of a reason than it being an official EA product (which is no indicator of quality considering the number of times modders have made better content than the people actually making the games). Because so far, it feels like I'd be spending 40 bucks on a new world and features that I've already had for over a year now. This isn't me being negative or not willing to "give it a chance". This is me being realistic.

Maybe but some of us don’t want to use mods, and SimGuruKate said they worked so the fame can work with other career from the other EPS. I’m enjoying the new CAS clothes too. I’m still waiting to see what else this brings though
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I hope being famous is an option and not automatic.

Me too! It's already hard for me to act like my sims are still normal people with all those astronauts, secret agents and star comedians around, so if everyone is also famous all of a sudden, that would be a little bit too much.

I do want my simself to become a famous writer, though, and my Lara Croft to be a famous archaeologist. B)

I agree. Sims should not just become famous, just because they reach a certain level in a career. it would be too much and TS3 gave a good example how much could go wrong when sims got famous way too easy. Maybe I want sims to be GOOD doctors, but not also famous. It should be an activity on it's own where sims would have to complete certain tasks/activities and go to certain events to become famous along with the level of their career. The star system was a good idea in TS3, but I hated it when my sim just got stars when i did not actively played for it. Thats why I think these tasks, events, activities, socializing with other celebrities etc, attending events/parties would be a good idea.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'm completely happy with the actor career if it gives us creative freedom. I'm not happy if we have to repeat the same scenes in the same costumes over and over again.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm completely happy with the actor career if it gives us creative freedom. I'm not happy if we have to repeat the same scenes in the same costumes over and over again.

Depends on what you're looking for. I doubt this is going to be like The Movies PC Game and I would imagine there's only a certain amount of content and scenes they can create for this, but from the trailer it looks like there's already 4 or 5 different genres to play with.
    Holiday wrote: »

Depends on what you're looking for. I doubt this is going to be like The Movies PC Game and I would imagine there's only a certain amount of content and scenes they can create for this, but from the trailer it looks like there's already 4 or 5 different genres to play with.

You know The Movies PC game??? I loved that so much! It would be fantastic if GF offered something similar.

Maybe but some of us don’t want to use mods

Which is totally your prerogative. I'm just saying, most of this stuff...kinda already exists and makes me less enthused about this expansion. Though whether or not the gurus are able to pull it off better is yet to be seen. So there's still hope.
    s, and SimGuruKate said they worked so the fame can work with other career from the other EPS.

That reminds me, that's something else you can pretty much do with Road to Fame as well. The fame system isn't tied to any of the specific careers/skills that came with the mod so your sim can pretty much be famous for anything. Whether it's their career, their skills, social media, or just for doing nothing.

In fact...why haven't I used it in conjunction with the Politician Career yet?

.....time to turn my game on.
    I don't want to be a debbie downer, but TS4 is about immediate entertainment, that's why a lot of features end up annoying on the long term (monster under the bed, objects breaking, noisy neighbors). I wouldn't expect complete creative freedom in the acting career. Some choices maybe, but doing everything from scratch would not be readily enjoyable and that's what the game is about, in the end.

Besides, the new career is actor, not director.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

You know The Movies PC game??? I loved that so much! It would be fantastic if GF offered something similar.

Yessss! I had it and the Stunts and Effects EP!! I could literally sit and play for hours and I'm sure I still have the physical discs somewhere... :o
    It would be cool if this was on that scale but I'm still optimistic about what they have included in this. :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel about this trailer, very little is actually shown. The movie sets and costumes look beautiful. But what is the new fame system like? What are the different careers? What does the city even look like? Nothing else is shown. All I see in this clip is someone acting and then partying. Not the best trailer in my opinion...

The first announcement trailers are usually like this. Wait for additional trailers to get more details. :)

Yessss! I had it and the Stunts and Effects EP!! I could literally sit and play for hours and I'm sure I still have the physical discs somewhere... :o
    It would be cool if this was on that scale but I'm still optimistic about what they have included in this. :)

I uploaded dozens of films ten years ago! I don't think GF will be in the same category, but on the other hand a simple in-game film editor would be a good idea for TS4. I always used the in-game camera from TS3 Generations and watched my films on TV.
    I'm completely happy with the actor career if it gives us creative freedom.

I wouldn't count too much on that. For some reason, this game struggles with giving the players creative freedom more than any other game in the franchise. I will admit, they've been getting the hang of it lately (Seasons' holiday system). But I'm still skeptical.

Something I'm hoping we get in the acting career, that I'm sure we won't: Being able to actually see our sims on TV after they film something. If our sims can actually watch the things that they act in, that might make me straight up buy the pack.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I wonder if the Athlete career will be affected by this? Being a famous bodybuilder or a professional athlete seems like it would work well with the fame aspect...
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think they mentioned on twitter that all career paths can lead to fame or something like that... So I guess so @storminmay

I keep watching the trailer over and over. Can't wait to see this stuff in my game.
    egTcBMc.png