Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens vs. Babies

So it’s clear that some people think that developers should focus on revamping the baby lifestage (detaching baby from bassinet) while others think that the teen lifestage should be revamped (allowing more of a distinction btwn YA and Teen).

So here’s the question: Which lifestage would you prefer to be revamped or expanded upon?

Teens vs. Babies 170 votes

Teens
58%
Akl500PCK213GoldmoldaricmnfrshTheStarHermitJaiSeaLaBlue0314PinkPaws66SimmervilleAlexaiPlayerSinger2010TheLibrarySimVibseSimpatsyannIsb917simm621BloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormStrangerthan 100 votes
Babies
31%
auroraael14Kita5399GalacticGalPiazzagirl1015mcruddelanorbretoninvisiblgirlrobyngravesIObelleWorkingmum8Scarbo27marcel21keenowKatiardguezPegasysiziolkiriviankiwi84LadyTachunkaMaggieMarley 53 votes
Other
5%
Bagoas77duhboy2u2sheshywormstache999LatinaBunnyLiELFEvilyn_1007Atreya33Shadow_AssassinMaiaPlaysSims 10 votes
Neither
4%
kwanzaabotsuzanna13adele_katMovotticatmando830March306NorthDakotaGamer 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2018
    Teens
    I voted teens because let’s face it, teens have a longer lifestage than babies.

And there is a lot of potential for teenage gameplay that could be expanded upon in the game.

But revamping both stages would be nice too! o:)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Teens
    I consider babies a lost cause by now to be honest and having a couple of new interactions or a changing station wouldn't really excite me at this point.
    Teens as you say are teens for much longer than babies are babies. There are so many things that could be added to the game that will make teens more special. They already did some cool things with mood swings and phases in Parenthood and I am still hoping for a pack that is more focused on them. Maybe if we ever get a school GP kind of thing they could do a lot with teens.

A bit out of topic:
    I would also like to see a bit of a revamp on children. I want them to play tag and be more childish, right now when they are with friends all they can do without an object is talk.
    Also a bit of focus on elders would go a long way. I am playing at the moment a household that consists of 2 elder sisters and the adult daughter of one of them. They have 2 cats and are a delight to play actually. But I wish we had more activities for them, I would love them to be able to knit while watching TV for example.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Teens
    Teens but then again, Toddlers are the expanded version of babies since as soon as a sim I play has a baby, I turn that baby into a toddler anyways.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other
    You mention the difference between teens and YA. I really miss a difference between YA and adults. I would like a bit more attention for the later stages in life. That being said, babies as actual sims not objects would be great too.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Babies
    I just really want babies to be freed from the crib and to, you know, actually look different from one another. Maybe they could also add a crawling stage right at the end of babyhood.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Neither
    This whole "teens aren't any different from adults" thing is getting tiresome. They are different.

They're on their phones 24-7. They roll their eyes and drag their feet melodramatically when they're in a bad mood. They've got smaller frames than adults. They've got slightly higher-pitched voices. They've got a whole slew of teen-only interactions. There's character values and asking for advice. There's chance cards at school for holidays like Love Day.

I mean, that's not to say there isn't room for improvement. I'd love to see their part-time jobs provide some kind of bonus trait, or unlock scholarships once University rolls around. But on the whole, teenagers are just fine.

As for babies, I'd like to see strollers that we can place the babies in so we can take them out into the world... but other than that? I'm not particularly worried one way or the other.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Teens
    Honestly, since we have toddlers, I find absolutely no purpose to expand upon babies. I don't even keep them for longer than a couple days. Once my Sims' new baby moodlets are gone, I grow them up immediately. Then again, I never really cared for the baby stage anyway... not even in Sims 2 or Sims 3... and don't even get me started on Sims 1 babies (ugh)... lol

I'd much rather see teenagers be fleshed out. We definitely need a pack just for them (kinda like how Sims 2 had the teen style pack). Even if it's just a stuff pack, I'll be happy. I mean, we got 'Kids Room', so why not something for teens as well?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    Teens
    I would like a baby revamp but realistically teens live longed... I'd like to see prom come back and maybe an option to follow your teens to school for prom for starters
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Teens
    Not a fan of babies IRL or in The Sims. More teen stuff would be preferable.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Teens
    Honestly, the babies in my Sims 2 and 3 games just stay in their cribs anyway. It's good that Sims 3 had the stroller and the baby swing in Generations and the store, but they're mostly a novelty. I didn't really mind the babies being attached to the bassinet, although I'd be alright with having them separated.

That said, I'd like more effort devoted to teens, because the life stage lasts much longer than babies, and there's so much to do for teenagers. I don't mind the height similarity between teens and adults, since at this point they'd have to redo tons of animations from all the packs if they want to adjust teens' heights. I also don't mind teens sharing clothes with adults, because honestly, all the clothes I've had since high school still fit me today. The teens back in TS2 and TS3 also had limited wardrobe choices, while the adults had a lot that could've also worked for teens.

What I would like to see are more teen-specific activities and behaviors. I think Parenthood was a step in the right direction, but that's just scratching the surface. There are a lot of things to help flesh out teens, like proms, skateboarding, sneaking out, etc. I especially liked how teens could sneak out with friends and partners in Sims 2.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Teens
    Teens. I don't care much for the baby stage, not even when there was more to do with them in previous games. Teens are far more interesting and can do a lot more things independently.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    Other
    I wasn’t sure whether or vote neither or other, because I refuse to choose to have regression of any life stage.

I want BOTH teens AND babies. Why is it with this limited Sims game (Sims 4) that I have to choose one or another of a piece of content? Apparently, Sims 4 is so limited it can’t do both teens and babies?

Why can’t I have BOTH a freed baby and well-done teens like back in Sims 2 and Sims 3 with Generations?

I hope both stages get an upgrade eventually.

If not, I can wait and hope for Sims 5 to do much better in the life stage department. There should be improvements for all life stages, NOT regression in any life stages. :angry:

Get a better budget next time if you can’t do the life stages like old games, please! I want sequels to get better, not worse.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Teens
    Well, I want both but I'd like Teens first.

The main problem isn't that we need a betweener, but that your teens, YA, and Adults, all act almost the same.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Babies
    I actually enjoy playing the babies, and I'd love to have more interactions for them. By the time they're teens, I'm impatient for them to grow up so that I can start the next generation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Neither
    Elders.
    We're not dead yet! Give 'em some love!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Teens
    Babies being stuck to the cot doesn't really bother me, but it would be fun to be able to move them around for the sake of cute screenshots.

I'd rather have a focus on teens. Parenthood did a lot with phases and mood swings but I'd really like them to add stuff like prom and graduation!
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    Teens
    "You gotta see the bay-bee."

But seriously, our three year old was a baby not so long ago and I can confidently say that newborn babies just aren't that interesting.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Teens
    Because I want them to have more fun before becoming the young adult and for the obvious reason, changing their appearance to be more teenage looks (height for example). Instead of developing the babies interaction, they could possibly change the YA and adult interaction towards the babies... Emm.. Not sure if it is suppose to be the other way round.. But, I would prefer Teen to be revamped. It is much better if they are gradually changing in term of appearance (although, it sounds impossible)..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited September 2018
    Babies
    I'm actually surprised by the poll results, either that or the #FreetheBassinet crew are just much more vocal.

Can I totally change my vote to Teens now? :sweat_smile:

Also yay 3000th post
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Teens
    I'm actually surprised by the poll results, either that or the #FreetheBassinet crew are just much more vocal.

Can I totally change my vote to Teens now? :sweat_smile:

Also yay 3000th post

Off topic! Congrats for your 3,000th post :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Babies
    Movotti wrote: »
    Elders.

That elder pack idea is pure gold.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Teens
    I voted Teens mainly because it's too hard to tell the difference when I see a T/YA. My teens had way more friends back in ie TS3.

For the baby stage, because I think the Toddler stage is brilliant, I don't need the Baby stage to change. Toddlers are busy enough.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    why "both" is not an option?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Neither
    Movotti wrote: »
    Elders.

That elder pack idea is pure gold.
    Thank you.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Teens
    I really have no problem with the way babies are right now, they serve their purpose, my only wish is for them to be freed from the crib so that they can be later expanded upon with other things. That being said my biggest wish is for teens to actually look distinct from YA without my control and effort in CAS, I really wish they physically appeared younger and such. I also wish they had their own set of aspirations like children do, I feel like there’s a lot of potential gameplay for that.