Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens vs. Babies

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Other
    I don't care about babies at all, and, although I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff for teens, I think Elders need more attention than anything.
    #Team Occult
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Teens
    SiliClone wrote: »
    why "both" is not an option?

Lol because one has to be more important than the other.

I mean I obviously want both but if I had to choose, I’d pick teens.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other
    I want to see elders revamped. We spend so much time getting to the top of these epic careers. Why in the name of Sim would I spend my sim's whole life getting to be a Diamond agent or an astronaut only to retire and sleep, eat, repeat til they die? These are legendary jobs!

IRL? My 78 year old, retired Army, father still climbs mountains with his 18 year old nephew. Has a pilot's license, runs a construction crew and goes salsa dancing on Wednesday nights.

...but the sims...epic lives being active and awesome, exploring other planets and infiltrating spy headquarters around the world can only sleep, eat, repeat after retirement?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Daniela_SophiaDaniela_Sophia Posts: 13 New Member
    Teens
    Teens, because Babies age up in three days. It would be nice but now that we have toddlers, so I am fine with the babies we have now. I just find teens to be mini young adults. the contrast between teens to adults is quite boring.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited September 2018
    Babies
    I would love to have the babies untethered from their bassinets and still have all of those great interactions. I think they should be able to spit up on the person holding them, especially if they play with the baby too soon after a feeding. I really miss this from Sims2. We should also be able to bathe the baby in the sink. Baby should be allowed to be placed on the floor (upon a playmat, or blanket, of course) or even in a swing, babyseat or a walker.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Teens
    I'm not into babies so they are fine as they are. I'd like to see more teen-specific content though. I agree that it would be cool to have some teen-specific interactions. Then again, I wish there were more child aspirations too because the 4 get a bit boring sometimes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Teens
    Teens. They need a stuff pack. With furniture that would make teens bedrooms....teen bedrooms. For instance, a mezzanine, a canopy bed, laptops, polaroids, decoration, desks, clutter. And clothes. And hairstyles . Also they look just like adults with rounder faces, I'd like it if they were a little shorter.
    And I think they need more teen stuff to do, like after school activities, sneak out at night, have slumber parties, or even just being able to text on their bed.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Teens
    Teens have infinitely more to do than babies. So between the two, that gets my vote.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Teens
    Teens need more teen only activities.

Young Adults need to be able to go off to school, which was the reason the life stage was created in the first place.

Babies are fine for what they are. If you wanna control your Sim, age them into a toddler.

Final answer
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Teens
    Teens, definitely! I never cared for the baby life stage! I always immediately age them up to toddlers.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    Other
    Preteens, I think the gap of children to teens is too big.
    Theirs appearance are between children and teens, study in middle school(suppose TS background is America, I searched many people can study in middle school when 11-12 in America), maybe a bit shorter than teens and older(TS4 timeline is obviously in recent years), can do some things both children and teens.
    BTW as a just out of teenage YA in RL, I don't think teens are shorter than YAs and olders, because TS4 timeline is obviously in recent years, most teens has same heights with olders.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Babies
    i say babies because they're just an object i would like both but babies its sad seeing the babies not being part of the family
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Teens
    TBH I'm happy enough with all the life stages as they are. Some more teen-specific storyline tools would be fun though.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Teens
    I voted for Teens because the game puts such an emphasis on socializing and then makes it nearly impossible for teens to socialize with each other.

My teens are at school from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM so it makes no sense to me that the teen population is out strolling around the neighborhood from about 10:00 AM until about noon when my teen isn't at home. Then they disappear until late afternoon when they can be seen out strolling again. The problem is that if my teen tries to chat with any of them, they will only stop for a few seconds and then walk off.

On the other hand, my teens end up meeting all of the young adult and adult pre-made Sims by simply dancing at a club. In the new game that I'm playing right now, my teen "met" Candy Behr on the dance floor and now she bugs him every day with an invitation to take her somewhere or visit her at her house.

Teens sometimes get a prompt to bring someone home from school. This is fine as long as the teen isn't entering a phase or has a mood swing underway or has chores to do like take care of the garden, isn't ready to pass out from being tired or very hungry.

It's almost like they're not really supposed to make friends.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Neither
    All the life stages are just fine as is. The babies are a tribute to the TS1. If you want to control them age the little one to toddler. I personally use a mod that skips the toddler life stage so it is easily ignored since it drained the fun from the game for me. Kid life stage can easily be manipulated to pre-teen halfway through before aging up. As for the teen life stage, they are thinner builds and easily be distinguished via gameplay (at least to me maybe others have a harder time using their own imagination). There is really no difference between YA and adult life stages as their really should not be anyway. As for the elder life stage, it is all about how you distinguish via gameplay (again some players must have a harder time using their imagination).
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Babies
    Both would be ideal, but the poor babies need to be delivered from the internment of their bassinet prisons. :bawling:
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Babies
    regardless of this poll, judging by EAs poll on life stages, its looks like they are going to do something for all anyway
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• hlf201hlf201 Posts: 14 New Member
    Teens
    Teens 100%! They were such a fun life stage in TS2 with the sneaking out at night etc. and in TS3 with the Prom event etc. - it would be great to get an element of that back. Teen specific clothing and hairstyles would be ideal as well (and height difference!!), just to make them different from the YA stage and a fun life stage to play on their own.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Other
    I pick teen over babies, but what I really want to see vamped up are elders. They have nothing. They're just adulting who are too tired to do anything and can die from woo hoo. Where's the posting pictures of grandkids on Facebook? Knitting? Assisted living homes? Scrapbooking? Shuffleboard? Randomly longing to visit their adult kids/grandkids? Asking their grandkids to go on special outings with them? Grandparents day? I want fun things for elders because you should be able to have fun with every lifestyle.
    Baby isn't really a real life stage and it doesn't last long, so I'm okay with it the way it is. Teen definitely needs work, but they recently got some help with parenthood and elder is definitely much more neglected.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Teens
    Teens. Babies are boring, I would immediately age them up to toddlers anyways.
  • RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    Teens
    I voted teens because child have after-school activities and babies have play dates but what do teens have exclusively for them?
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Babies
    I voted babies because I'd really like to see them be able to be removed from the bassinet. Being able to take them off of your home lot with strollers or carriers would be amazing, plus it'd be much better if they were treated like an actual sim, rather than an object. There is so much potential for babies, and I don't think that there are many people that understand that some do play with the long lifespan or with aging off from time to time, like me. Babies can stay a baby for literally as long as you want, and new updates for them would be all the reason to make that life stage longer in your game. Teens and young adults really don't change that much in real life either, maybe just in body shape, voice and style, so I don't think that major distinction between the two of them are really necessary. I mean no one complains about young adults and adults being too similar; I've even mixed up those two life stages before. You tend to not change as much throughout your adult life until you reach that elder peak, so I think that making babies more a part of the family, and with more interactions would be much more worthwhile. :)
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    Babies
    I wonder what they could really do with teens? I don't know....babies a short lived experience.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Teens
    Since we got toddlers, I will choose teens cause its a totally different life stage that needs much more attention. I dont say babies shouldnt have wider options, but teens would have my priority.

I miss the prom dates, acne (not the staged one through cas, but real caused by stress, bad food etc.), awkward love affairs etc. I do not feel they are teens in my game and I tent to play them as adults most of the time. I kind of feel their time is done being a teen pretty fast after they grew up. There is just not much to do for them. And with the missing woohoo option, it gets pretty boring. I had 4 teens and none of them could even find a BF/GF or a first kiss on long lifespan. There are simply not enough opportunities for them to be the stereotype teen.

* Drop out from school
    * Home arrest after breaking the rules
    * More jobs
    * Prom dates where they get a few days time to ask their date through the telephone or in real.
    * Caught by police when hanging outside after set clock time that came with parenthood. That was a perfect opportunity.
    * Teen hang spots, such as being invited to teen parties only! Honestly the trait never works on my lots.
    * After school programs
    * Summer school for teens with bad grades
    * Actual consequences if they get bad grades! Parents can ground them, school can kick them out.
    * reputation system
    * More teen related interactions
    * Sleepovers. Girls can't even have a spa girls night. Add that one on the party list please
    * Game nights. Boys should get their own too. Should also be a social event type.
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    Teens
    I vote teens. I'm currently playing my first teens in TS4 and I agree with others who say they need to look more distinct and have more unique actions. I'll be honest, I don't have any ideas on what that would mean. But I'm sure between the developers and the community, there are fantastic ideas out there.

I kind of like how babies are now. Nice and simple. Like the calm before the storm of toddlers. It helps ease into balancing caring for the offspring and regular life with work and stuff. For the people who want more for babies, I guess I can sympathize but I don't see it as an important change in comparison to other things. But you can just go ahead and age them up and launch yourself straight into toddler wrangling.