Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• Options
    ShawchertShawchert Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    It won't allw me to do digital dl because apparently my copy is already being use but I haven't even installed it :/ i'm very VERY unhappy right now
  • Options
    rare9000rare9000 Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    ok so i got sims 3 world adventures and i tried most of the things and everything i try it keeps saying the redundancy check idk what to do i think its my disk and i dont know what to do now
  • Options
    Smsjk9Smsjk9 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've read about 20 something pages worth of this thread. It seems like different things helped out different people, so there is no definite answer. After I installed Late Night EP, I have been having this problem trying to install High End Loft and Fast Lane stuff.

Things that worked for people:
    Clean Disc
    Defrag
    Clean EADM cache or comepletely remove it
    Manually installing the game
    Clicking on retry when error appears, take out, put back in and continue.

I am currently defraging, I hope this works for me.
  • Options
    c0smicc0smic Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    i tried everything, so i called the technical support number in my sims 3 packet, and they immediately gave me an online download, so i don't even need my disc anymore. i advise you all to do this as well because it saves a lot of frustration.
  • Options
    BrandonRenkinBrandonRenkin Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I am stuck at the FullBuild0.package can anybody help? I can't find the defragger. I installed before. Now I have new computer and it won't work! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    BashirBashir Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I've got all the expansion packs for Sims 3 and I have previously installed all of them but uninstalled them all again when I needed to create more space on my hard drive. Now, when I got Ambitions, I installed all of them again but World Adventure came up with the CRC for China. Anyway, I ignored that and frustrated installed Ambitions. Later, I uninstalled and installed them again but the CRC is now there for every expansion and even the core game. I don't know what to do, I'm so frustrated, please help. :cry:
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bashir - this is an old thread. You'll get more replies starting your own thread. It seems some manufacturers dvd drives are having trouble reading the TS3 disks. If all your disks generate the crc error then I suspect the drive is having troluble transferring the large files (this is the short version). I feel that the drive may eventually quit reading the TS3 disk all together. Replacement of the drive usually fixes the problem. Desktop dvd drives are cheap $18.99 usd. A usb powered external dvd writer - $29.99 usd.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    TheAJGmanTheAJGman Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    OMG DMPowerade you gave me the best idea ever (well... :) ) I'm currently compressing fullbuild1 from my friends working disk to a rar file and will be uploading it to Google docs to share. link will be posted shortly

Google Docs won't let me upload so I will go back in time to fix this problem you will know I sucssed going back in time if the sims 3 north american release date is on June 2, 2009 instead of may 30, 2009
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    EddessaEddessa Posts: 98 Member
    edited December 2010
    I finally worked through the CRC issues with the game and the launcher now fails on me! I can install Sims3 no problem and it runs great with custom content. I can then install ambitions from the disk no problem and it runs great. If i try to install WA from the disk I get the CRC popup. I can connect my HD to my husbands computer and copy and paste the files into my WA folder and install thru the setup exe file. No CRC popups after running the install this way BUT when i double click the icon to open what would normally pop up the launcher - it repeatedly blinks the "thinking" symbol next to my mouse a few times and then pops up a Windows 7 box saying that the launcher isnt responding - would you like to check online to possibly solve the issue or just close the program! So I can only run ambitions or WA not both?? I have more than enough HD room to run them both, I did a complete game removal of all of the sims 3 games and ran a defrag, cccleaner etc., reinstalled - and worked my way to this. I even tried the possibility of bypassing the launcher and that didnt work - still gave me windows box to close the program. Any suggestions on what to try next?
  • Options
    dragonsxshadowdragonsxshadow Posts: 141 New Member
    edited December 2010
    im haveing crc probs with design and high tech stuff i know this thred has been on going since 2009 and i have tryed everything you guys have said since then and had no luck is there anything else i could do ? would buying a second copy sort it out or would i just get crc again(the copy i have is when it first came out) if i can't find a fix soon i'll just have to skip this pack i really wanted the fishtank though
  • Options
    SHADOW878SHADOW878 Posts: 58
    edited December 2010
    I'd also downloaded the Sims 3 for Windows 7 64-Bit professional...(Quad core,4350Radeon,8GB Ram...Somehow it installed properly the first time from Direct2Drive.com...place where purchased. I made a copy of zip file to external drive...and planned to delete it after successful installation since I planned on putting it on a larger hard drive...Got setup with larger hard drive and went to install as the rest of you...opened saved zip file went to click setup said check 32-bit/64-bit and some other error 86x or 64x error...Then went to use winrar program...which fixed this...7zip(didn't work)...Gave me error CRC...Fullbuild all 3 files 1-3...also as mentioned Sunsetvally..and other file???...can't remember... My fix I ended up using successful installation files from other hard drive(The one I installed successfully...not origianl zip file as saved on external as I said for whatever reason it didn't work)...to do this had to look up those CRC files...7zip was easiest for doing this basically drag and drop...took 5-7mins per file to get replaced,,,cause of import method, I think it verified each piece was copied successfully...finally got it working correctly. Suggestion would be to download and save the file...hope all parts are there...and try again...if not just have to re download...I'd try running installation and see which CRC error you get...you may be able to pull the files together to get em all lined up right and working...each download is another chance...I've downloaded this game 5 times trying it...and was able to pull files from each one to make it successfull...My suggestion never remove the game...Create system image...and hope for the best. Hope this helps. Backup should work but mine did not even though I installed it successfully off the file...I've copied it to additional hard drives using zip7...hopefully it transferred everything as opposed to using windows copy and paste. Also windows launcher not working when clicked on...try logging off then back on.... for whatever reason if you never restart your computer or logoff...not switch user...tried switch user doesn't work...clicks to open certain programs can be ignored. Found logging off fixes this...annoying yes...checked running programs to see if I could discover issue...found nothing notable that would cause this,but none the less is fixed by logging off.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ChevronChevron Posts: 1,350 Member
    edited December 2010
    'Windows Defragmenter Software' - What The Hell Is That?? :/
  • Options
    your_julietyour_juliet Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Okay -- I'm really not expecting anyone to answer this considering it's a year + after the last post, but..

Anyone having issues with Expansion Pack Fast Lane? I cannot get past datacab1 or whatever and it keeps telling me I have a CRC issues..

I downloaded Late Night from the net before I got Fast Lane for XMas, so I'mma be pretty ****** if I have to uninstall to install FL first..

Any help is much appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Everyone on the post has had different CRC issues...mine got hung up on multiple files...my first time I installed it a success..second time with what I thought would be exact copy and paste to a spare drive turned out to be missing certain files... My guess is the download that is compressed has some chance of missing files during transfer either to and from server or to hard drive.... I've downloaded the same file about 5 times...each one told me something different was missing...but 1st time download was a success...it doesn't seem to matter reguardless of download manager... or Winzip...WinRar...errors still occured...I'd pulled the files I needed from my first successful install...I'm definitely not downloading any more games...too much trouble...you may have to download again...and when you do you may want to keep the current file too...It doesn't sound like its caused by any current version of sims or other exspansions you may have... I wrote a post just a few comments above...more detail of my fix. Using copy and paste with the progrma 7zip(more precise than copy and paste windows uses, at least for these high compression files),and tracking the files giving me a CRC error had a few of em...a lot of work...may just want to download til you get...or try different download manager. Hopefully another download won't give you that error....If you do get a complete download back it up...don't recommend copy and paste with windows...that method failed in my case.
  • Options
    DarlinnnnDarlinnnn Posts: 116
    edited December 2010
    This is ridiculous. I was given Ambitions for a Christmas present and have gone through EVERYTHING on this poast, I realize this post was started awhile ago, but I AM SO FRUSTRATED. EVERY other CD, DVD that I have works aside from this one. I did have some problems first installing sims 3 but eventually got it working after maybe 30 minutes, not the 2 days I've been working on this now. DISGUSTED!!!
  • Options
    BigBadBrat5BigBadBrat5 Posts: 971 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I solved this problem by simply buying a new Sims 3 cd. I haven't had a problem since.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    @Darlinnnn - can you explain what problems you are currently having and which versions you have...what you've tried???

I've successfully installed all expansions separately...many CRC errors...345 error...failed initialization...just not launching...etc along the way. Just post and I'll see if I can figure something to help you out.

• Options
    TealSummerTealSummer Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Omg I hate this error considering the fact that theres no real cure the one that big guy posted definitely didn't work and I got Late Night as a christmas present in my stovking so I go and install it it goes through until it gets to GameplayData.package and gives me this error why does sims 3 hate me?!? :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If your receiving CRC errors...missing sunsetvalley...fullbuild0,1,2,etc...Your files aren't reading correctly rather it be the disc drive, disc, or files you downloaded, maybe even transfer to the hard drive. You may have to re-download some things maybe more than once...files don't seem to get transferred very well...I've experienced this more than once.

If you have a DVD/CD disc with those small brushes(disc lens cleaner)...it may help...make sure the disc is clean...verify drivers are up to date. Especially for the disc drive and video card...check the website that made it...windows doesn't always detect every driver update. You simply need clean file transfers...even if you get a good zip file and proceed to make a backup with copy and paste on windows it may fail...as in my case...I had to uninstall sims 3 and went to use backup...no good at all...which tells me these files can easily be corrupted...the list of complaints goes on...your options are as given.

Replacement Disc, Use different Disc Drive (My Bluray and DVD*2009 model failed on one type of disc, while older disc drive worked. Clean Disc, try a Disc/Lens w brushes to clean the disc drive,Find file needed and attempt separate file download...just have to figure out where it goes...some files are available individually. Or using EA's download manager...make sure after install check for updates before downloading your games...get your serial numbers registered to download if discs fail or if you have no disc.

For copy and paste back up try using 7zip manager...I think it is more successful than windows copy and paste...as you watch file size being transferred...and it can test the setup file to verify that it will launch. You could even test your disc this way...use on exe. files setup/autorun those kind only.

If you get your game up and running and have an extra hard drive or lots of space to partition on the current one...I'd suggest a system image...not restore, its not very effective. System image copies everything no files found to be missing...passwords,history etc...used quite a few times. Lot easier than going through the trouble of messing with everything else.

Also if you need your current serial numbers EA's download manager shows your game numbers to write down should you need to uninstall...on your games in the download manager you should see an "i" icon...click on it for game information.

If I missed anything about CRC errors than please add to the list...this is about all you can do...It takes sometime...but if you really want to play you'll go through the steps to complete it...this doesn't apply to other errors 345, system initialization, severe/major error. Those are separate cases...which I've experienced also.
  • Options
    DarlinnnnDarlinnnn Posts: 116
    edited December 2010
    I finally got it working. Thank you very much for your offer to help though Shadow. Geez, I was in a bad mood when I made that post! Sorry for all the hostility, I'm much better now. :wink: All of a sudden it just decided to go through perfectly, go figure!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah...know what you mean...I spent hours getting the game setup just right to not have errors, use mods and CC...finally got it though. Figure I'd see if I could come up with something to help others. Your case sounds opposite of mine I had mine working first time round...then decided if I was to add expansions I'd need a larger hard drive...during the switch...I tried and tried...couldn't get it.

Guess were all bound to succeed sometime though.
  • Options
    AnnieFrost22AnnieFrost22 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I strongly suggest to uninstall EA Download Manager from your computer completely.
    Go to "Control Panel" at the start button.
    Next, find "Programs and Features"
    Once cliked, there should be all the programs installed on your computer, find EA Download Manager and uninstall it.
    This worked for me and I can now enjoy my Sims 3 World Adventures! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kazgosskazgoss Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2011

I had this error. your cd drive is failing and you need to replace it. I've done it and it works, when to a pc tech guy who sorted it. If you go to your local computer shop i.e. repairs and tell them the error you are getting they will tell you its your cd drive.
  • Options
    marieannplayermarieannplayer Posts: 22
    edited January 2011
    I solved this problem by simply buying a new Sims 3 cd. I haven't had a problem since.
    Well, fortunately for you, you can buy another one. some don't. so...that wasn't really bright.

And... i don't know much about computer but the problem doesn't come from a disk error because a i digitaly downloaded it and no luck... 've went to probably 20 forums or more i have this whole afternoon searching for an answer, i'm so frustrated, mad probably furious...as geeky as this sound i was looking forward to in my little holidays vacation playing some sims and relax, after i spent lots of money by buying late night...it's just plain dissapointment. I'm seriously thinking of not buying much stuff from ea because i can't demand a refund since i don't live in the us and i downloaded as i say... so i'm really hoping they fix this ****.

it's CRC ERROR: C:\program files\electronic arts\the sims 3 late night\cache\bridgeport.object. cache something...don't remember but it says that it doesn't match the setup.cab, i tried to copy the content of bridgeport.object thing on the program files\the sims 3 late night\caches file..but no luck either...i'm currently defragmenting my disk...hope it helps..i doubt since everyone here says it doesn't work..i have windows vista, some say that installing it as admin but how do you do that? they say that you dont even have to use the installer, so that means that i just move the content of the cd in the carpet? right? ...
    well i'll try everything..

I must...and btw ea thanks for ruining my vacations :) and wasting my day.
  • Options
    leerobothamleerobotham Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    CRC error:The file C:\pfiles(x86..............5000000 crc errors game loads on then it come up with a blank blue sceen with options of rety or quit HELp please? :D:(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top