Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• Options
    Eden_NamirEden_Namir Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    :?
    I'm gettign the CRC at full build4.... i did the defragment and it did nothign so im waiting the 2 hours while it coppies over the files and i'll see how this works.... i know this disk works with 2 other pcs.... so im hoping that it'll work for mine since its with ambitions and is a bday gift that i have been waiting for for ever....
  • Options
    ItalianJordynItalianJordyn Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    I Have The Exact Same Problem, First I Was Told To USe Revo Uninstaller Cause It Would Unistall. Now, I Try To Re-Install It And Says The Same Thing About The Cyclic Redundancy Check. The Installation Went A Bit Farther But Ended Up Doing The Same Thing... I Really Need Help. Havn't Played Since December ! -____-
  • Options
    amysholamyshol Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Ok, I feel like such a dork. I had the whole "cyclic redundancy" thing going on... It would stop right at Fullbuild... I tried defragging and nothing. I was so frustrated because the game had worked on this same computer before! Well, turned out it was just a smudge on the disk. I polished it up and reloaded with success. Phew. So give that a shot if you hadn't thought of it yet and nothing else seems to work.

Amy
  • Options
    ArtemisMSArtemisMS Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Everyone, I had the same problem, install getting stuck in the same place. Like the previous poster before me suggested, I took my disk out (after trying to install ALL last night and this morning) ... and simply cleaned it with dish soap and water. Slipped it back in, and it's almost done installing, no problems with the "display cache" error or anything.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    i have a hunch that it maybe idk maybe could be compatability problems with windows 7. I would be interested if there is further evidence on this but heres my story on it:

I bought ambitions expansion soon after it came out installed it on my husbands computer and it worked perfectly (his computer long ago crashed)that computer did not have windows 7 on it for reasons we felt it was unnessicary. I recently got back into the sims and have moved into a new place and my roomate lets me play on her computer which has windows 7 the first Sims 3 installed fine and i tryed to install ambitions not happening so i thought it had to do with the order of expansion installation so i went and bought sims 3 world adventures works fine so i tryed to install ambitions again and it has gotten further into the process of downloading this time but has now stopped at what looks like maybe 1-2% left and says "GameplayData" and also seems kinda stuck on "Twinbrook"
    I have retryed several times and it moved along to where im stuck at now.
    i will post if any change
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    thank you ArtemisMS! installed in two minutes flat after the dishsoap a restarting the computer. awesome.. clean you smudges ppl
  • Options
    mikki565mikki565 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    i am so annoyed! the same sunset valley thing has happened on all my laptops! when i first brought it about 2 years ago it worked fine and its recently been closing down every time i play on it, so i tried installing it on my dads laptop and same sunset valley and same with my actual computer and my nans laptop i am getting so fustraighted having to subsidise to the very first sims! and its very boring!! someone please help me! xx
  • Options
    Charlotte1011Charlotte1011 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    When i paste my files from DVDRWDRIVE(E:) i have a problem in the middle of it pasting.. like some of the stuff im pasting isn't recognized please reply/help me :(
  • Options
    princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited December 2011
    I am having this problem that a trillion other people are having:SunsetValley cache.... you know at the very begginig basically of my download. I've installed the sims 3 on my laptop before, sadly that broke, and it worked better than a unicorn!I know my desktop is way better the minimum system requirements, I don't know what's wrong. Ane before anyone says anything, I have literally tried EVERY suggestion on here, it's really upsetting EA. I don't know wat's wrong, what should I do.
  • Options
    spaz666spaz666 Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    actually i had the same problem...it came up as a data error...cyclic redundancy check. instead of doin a defrag, i traced the file path...and my pc was saing i didnt have the right program to open the packages file in the directory. i fixed it by downloading 7zip, 32-bit edition...and used that to open the shared package files. game installed perfect, and i have had none of the crashes most seem to have on here...just my two cents on the topic...and i hope it helps!
  • Options
    princesspdtprincesspdt Posts: 4,691 Member
    edited December 2011
    I am 13 and not super-techie but I had the Fullbuild.package0 problem and the sunset valley cache thingy and I just fixed both. I did the whole, copy on new folder thing, but when it couldn't download something I just pressed skip. It's installing now, what I did was
    (Don't do autorun)
    1.Download all files off the actual disc to another folder on your desktop
    2.When it can't download something click skip
    3.Open up your new folder.
    4. Go to the specifics of what you are missing-(for sunsetvalley.cache.object) Go inside the Cache folder to where it says TCC stuff and what not.
    5.Open up my computer
    6.Right-click the sims 3 icon
    7.Click explore
    8.(for sunsetvalley.object.cache)Drag the cache folder into the place you are at on your new folder.
    9.The first time it wiill say there is an error, click try again
    10.When it stops moving after you click try again, hit cancel.This should bring up the "Internet explorer has stopped working" box, click shut the program down or whatever.(this should close down all of the window you have up except for the internet)
    11.When you open back up your new folder it should have the file you didn't have in what you just downloaded, move it to the proper place.
    12.Continue steps 3-11 untill all missing files are in your new folder.
    13. Open up the setup.exe through your new folder(I ran as administrator just in case.)
    14.Everytime an error pops up or something just click ignore and it will continue, (finished installing, don't know if it will work yet!)

edit- BIGGER PROBLEM! Gray screen with a picture of sunset valley and the words sunset valley and a gray box. What do I do, don't try this if you actually want to play your game I guess it's great if yoou wanna listen to that song over and over again.
  • Options
    sunshinegal2012sunshinegal2012 Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue. I just bought a brand new Dell with Windows 7, and I am running into the issue with this package not installing.

I contacted EA Games and after a 30 minute wait and re-explaining four times that I was unable to install the software, she finally gave me a downloadable version in Origin to try, so we will see how this goes!
  • Options
    sunshinegal2012sunshinegal2012 Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    So defragging didn't work and removing the EA Content Manager didn't work. I finally had to contact EA Games through the chat system for them to give me a downloadable link through Origin, but now I am having the same problem with Sims 3 Pets! Sheesh...
  • Options
    hollym9hollym9 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Hey i had the sun valley object cache problem and as some people have said, give it a good clean now im happily playing sims 3 :D
  • Options
    andeeh90andeeh90 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Right this probably isn't helpful to people with only one copy of the game, Basically we have two copies of this game in our house. (Me and my brother are sims fanatics), I had this error with this on one of my discs turns out the file is corrupt so I tried the other disc and installation went fine. So i'm guessing whoever is getting this error probably has either an unclean disc or a corrupt file.
  • Options
    valoholicvaloholic Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    I have the ultimate solution for everyone! As long as you have your product registration code your as good as golden.

https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-activate-the-digital-download-for-your-sims-3-product

I was having troubles installing Sims 3 Generations it seems my DVD-ROM did not like the DVD at all would mess up the installation at a specific file every single time. All I did was put in my product code and put in the email address the product was registered to and walla it worked! I downloaded the digital copy with Origins and it is now installed no need for DVD.

p.s.
    If it says its already registered then all you need to do is log onto The Origins program and set it up with the email address you registered with Sims 3. Hopefully this will work for everyone it should as long as your origins account is linked with your Sims 3 EA account(make Origins email address the same as your Sims 3 EA account). When you log into the Origins program you should see your sims 3 games under My Games and you should see a button that says Digital Download. Good luck I hope it works for you guys like it worked for me!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    katlovejackkatlovejack Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    hi guys i was having the same problem: my sims 3 base game was not installing onto my PC. I was so fed up with finding no result that i contacted EA support via live chat and they asked for my serial code and email so they could make my game downloadable from Origin. So far so good and it is downloading slowly but surely! :)

-kathryn
  • Options
    RainbowBluesRainbowBlues Posts: 319
    edited January 2012
    Okay, so I'm installing the Ambitions EP on a brand new computer miles above the minimum specs and I get
    F:\Gamedata\shared\nonpackaged\worlds\twinbrook.world
    Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check

I tried retrying and it still couldn't do it. Would it help to try cleaning the disk? I have used the disk before and it's really not in great shape.

My issue is that I'm almost done with the install and I don't want to leave bits of semi-installed game. If I have to abort, I'm not going to get it done today, and probably not tomorrow either.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Okay, so I'm installing the Ambitions EP on a brand new computer miles above the minimum specs and I get
    F:\Gamedata\shared\nonpackaged\worlds\twinbrook.world
    Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check

I tried retrying and it still couldn't do it. Would it help to try cleaning the disk? I have used the disk before and it's really not in great shape.

My issue is that I'm almost done with the install and I don't want to leave bits of semi-installed game. If I have to abort, I'm not going to get it done today, and probably not tomorrow either.

What you want to do is try to reinstall the game after that when you come to the error cancel the installation. It is going to take a while but it will remove everything it has already installed but it will take a while to do that. Then you should do what I mentioned above goto https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-activate-the-digital-download-for-your-sims-3-product?showhome=true and follow the directions you can try everyone else's suggestions including EA by defragging your computer and whatever else people have said about this threat but the best solution is the one above and is guaranteed to work as long as the product is not pre-registered to a different email you are trying to register it to.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    hi guys i was having the same problem: my sims 3 base game was not installing onto my PC. I was so fed up with finding no result that i contacted EA support via live chat and they asked for my serial code and email so they could make my game downloadable from Origin. So far so good and it is downloading slowly but surely! :)

-kathryn

Yeah the downloads take a really long time depending on the speed of your internet but it is honestly better than saying oh well I just wasted 20-50 bucks on something I cannot install.
  • Options
    ggurl11ggurl11 Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I ran the defrag. Still hasn't helped. My install won't move from the screen C:/.../Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Caches/Sunset Valley.objectCache

Mine is doing this. Is there at all anyway to fix this? Or is this an issue with my Cd reader on my laptop?
  • Options
    XxKaytiexXXxKaytiexX Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    im trying to install sims 3 on to my microsoft windows XP pc but half way throught installing it this error message keeps coming up---> File: E:/Thumbnails/CasThumbnails.package Error:Data error (cyclic redundancy check/ im not good with computers and im not sure what to do. Someone PLEASE HELP! :( :?:
  • Options
    SimGuru_MobiusSimGuru_Mobius Posts: 69
    edited January 2012
    Hi XxKaytiexX,

If you are encountering errors with a "cyclic redundancy check" message, your computer may be having an issue reading the disc. It may help to run a hard drive installation of the game in this situation. For details on how to perform a hard drive installation, please visit http://help.ea.com/article/receiving-transfer-error-or-cyclic-redundancy-check-error-message-during-installation.

If you have any other questions, please post back.

((Mobius))
  • Options
    lisamaggrahlisamaggrah Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Read through most of the 40+ pages and I still can't seem to get this stupid game to install. What a crappy Christmas present this was for my daughter....she can't even play the darn thing.
    I have been a Sims uses from the very beginning....I think I might give up. shouldn't be this frustrating to use something you pay good money for.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top