Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited February 2012
    lisamaggrah - some optical driver brands are having trouble reading the TS3 discs. You can go to https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do and this should may the download version available in Origin. The download version does not need the disc to play.

hth
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    RooGoBooRooGoBoo Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I use to get the same problem, i tryed EVERY solution out there but NONE worked so i just called up the manufactuer and they gave me a new copy and now it runs great!
  • Options
    John13090John13090 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I bought Sims 3 and downloaded it with no problems. I then bought Sims 3 Pets and downloaded it with no problems also. My mom reset our computer to factory settings and of course I have to re-download the games to use them again. Sims 3 installed just fine but Sims 3 Pets is another story.... it worked fine before and now when re-downloading it get's about 5% into the installation process and has the Cyclic Redundancy Error. This crap is BOOGUS! I've tried to DeFrag the computer, I've tried to copy the rom into a new folder and it still fails. :cry:

Help?
  • Options
    amandat10amandat10 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    OK I THINK I FOUND A FIX!!!!! It WORKED FOR ME !!!! I UNINSTALLED ORIGIN AND REINSTALLED PETS AND IT WORK NO ERROR POP UP!!! . I did not have ea manger on my computer so i dont know if you would have to uninstalled that too but my sims 3 pet installed with no problem after uninstalling origin!!!!!! I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    AmaryneAmaryne Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm trying to install Ambitions to my brand new never been used Acer 5755G but with no luck as it gives me an error with fullbuild p04 though it loads and install all the other games with the exception of Ambitions..

I eventually got so fed up with this, that I decided to try the dvd on my old laptop, to see if the same issue occoured, but there the installation went painfree and no complaints at all.. If the file was corrupt it seems odd it will innstall on one but not on another..

Should it really be necassary to defragment a brand new laptop? I tried to follow the link to the digital copy but it show me "an error occoured" message, so sadly no help there either.. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    brooke_laurabrooke_laura Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I had this same issue and I tried defragging my computer and all the junk and it still didn't work. All I did was simply cleaned my disk and everything worked fine after that.
  • Options
    simlauren4coolsimlauren4cool Posts: 416
    edited April 2012
    my computer installed the sims 3 normally until today, i tried installing late night a brand new dvd and it brought up this error CRC? ive never had this issue before and ive tried defragging but no help....
  • Options
    frankii_silverfrankii_silver Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I had this same issue and I tried defragging my computer and all the junk and it still didn't work. All I did was simply cleaned my disk and everything worked fine after that.

Spent three hours trying to sort this, hubby says to just clean the disk and WALAAAAH!

Annoying, but glad its sorted.
  • Options
    secret_geeksecret_geek Posts: 45
    edited May 2012

Spent three hours trying to sort this, hubby says to just clean the disk and WALAAAAH!

Annoying, but glad its sorted.

I hate to admit it, but....me too. If nothing has worked, or before any of you try ANOTHER method...swallow your pride and clean off your disc. I can't believe this was it. If you've done that and still nothing, I feel your pain and hope you figure it out!
  • Options
    KeanadaviesKeanadavies Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Hi, simmers!

If you are experiencing a cyclic redundancy check error, we'd like you to do the following so we can keep the number of threads on that issue to a minimum:

*Run the Windows Defragmenter software on your system. Fragmented hard disk space can cause this error
    *CRC errors may also be caused by a hard disk or DVD drive failing or being unable to write consistent data.

If you have run the Defragmenter software and are continuing to experience this error, please contact your system's manufacturer for further diagnostics.

Update:
    It appears that in some cases, users that are using the EA download Manager version of The Sims 3 may experience this error if their download is paused. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

*Click on the red x in the upper right part of the Sims 3 download to clear the EADM cache.
    *Re-download The Sims 3; do not pause the download.

Update 2 (6/4/09):
    There is a new FAQ addressing this issue:
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22234

We understand that this has become a very frustrating issue for many simmers that are eager to play the game, and as more information or solutions become available, we will post them here in the Support forum. Thank you all for your patience!
  • Options
    KeanadaviesKeanadavies Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    It does not work on mine, i have a windows 7 laptop and it keeps getting stuck on the same part. it's really annoying as ive spent money on something i cannot use.
  • Options
    Kaitlyn0723Kaitlyn0723 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Katora wrote:
    Finally got mine installed. Here's what worked for me. Its a pain in the rear, but its installed. Havent tried running it yet though so well see.

I did the restore to factory, still got same error, and a super slow install rate. Now - the install took a LONG time to do. But here is what actually worked.

When you get the error message - click retry, then right after that, eject the disk. Wait til it pops up that you need to insert the disk. Then put it back in. Wait a minute for the wheels to stop spinning then click okay. This will get you through the next bit of install. Rinse and repeat all the way through. Painfully slow - but installed. Now to try and play. Wish me luck.

Hope this will work for someone else too. Like I said, its slow, and tedious as all heck, but it seems to at least have installed. Will update after I try to play.

okay so i am doing the same im glad its working for everyone else i have been doing this for almost an half hour and about a fifth way through...slowly by slowly it loads a little more and more i hope i can play this i couldnt sleep for days bc i was so exicted to get it in the mail!
  • Options
    tamilia123tamilia123 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    THANK YOU SO MUCH :D it worked for me after ejecting once after the error :thumbup: thanks to you! :mrgreen: it was such a headache trying to find out how i can get my sims 3 game to work so THANKS
  • Options
    Demh303Demh303 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've gotten the installing loading bar finished after retrying a whole lot of times, and then nothing happens. I've been doing this for almost three hours now.
  • Options
    MichishigeMichishige Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Alright guys,

I had the same problem and went through all you guys solutions and everyone's comments on how it didn't work.

so I tried my own solution.

Whilst it was installing Sunsetvalley cache blah blah, I went into the dvd and copied the file and pasted it in the folder where the other one was installing.

It went smoothly, and installed without any problems.

I thought this was a pretty easy solution, Don't know if it works for fullbuild too!

good luck!
  • Options
    tawnihearttawniheart Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    ive tried everything, it still wont install. It stops at fullbuild_p04.package. its not my computer, because this disk doesnt wont on my moms boyfriends or brothers computer. I dont understand why and I really want to play my ambitions. :(
  • Options
    SanityFixSanityFix Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    What does he mean by;

It appears that in some cases, users that are using the EA download Manager version of The Sims 3 may experience this error if their download is paused. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

*Click on the red x in the upper right part of the Sims 3 download to clear the EADM cache.
    *Re-download The Sims 3; do not pause the download.

I cant figure it out... HELP?!
    Im trying to install supernatural, something i have waited far too long for and now its not working. ***?! I have never had this happen before and i have all the expansion and stuff packs.
  • Options
    SanityFixSanityFix Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    Ok so i had the same issue as most of you and this is how i fixed it.

1) go to your page and register the game you are trying to install.
    2) open up your origin program on your computer. If you dont have it download it.
    3) log into in using the same login you use for the sims
    4) find the game you are trying to download and and select download.

This will take longer than normal, about 45mins but it worked for me and should for you. If it doesnt contact your national EA customer support line and confer with them :)
  • Options
    shaejahnershaejahner Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Hi, Ive officially done EVERYTHING now. and my original Sims 3 game STILL wont install. Someone help please. I feel like shooting myself in the eye.
  • Options
    KimmiyaKimmiya Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hey Big Guy. My game works now! All I did was remove EA Content Manager. Clean install, no errors. Also had to remove it from my C drive Program files. Might wanna mention this a little more clearly.

How do you remove the EA Content? My game just says data error, and the installation doesn't move from Sunset Valley.
    It says:
    File E:\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectChace Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Does this mean anything?

The disk is pretty badly scratched.
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2012
    Marzovia wrote:
    Katora wrote:
    Finally got mine installed. Here's what worked for me. Its a pain in the rear, but its installed. Havent tried running it yet though so well see.

I did the restore to factory, still got same error, and a super slow install rate. Now - the install took a LONG time to do. But here is what actually worked.

When you get the error message - click retry, then right after that, eject the disk. Wait til it pops up that you need to insert the disk. Then put it back in. Wait a minute for the wheels to stop spinning then click okay. This will get you through the next bit of install. Rinse and repeat all the way through. Painfully slow - but installed. Now to try and play. Wish me luck.

Hope this will work for someone else too. Like I said, its slow, and tedious as all heck, but it seems to at least have installed. Will update after I try to play.

OMG you are a life saver!!!! I tried your method of ejecting & re-inserting the disc just as you directed & I got it to install after hours of trying other methods. Thanks so much!

THANK YOU IT WORKED OH AND I ALSO CLEANED MY DISC
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    unaspenserunaspenser Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I ran the defrag. Still hasn't helped. My install won't move from the screen C:/.../Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Caches/Sunset Valley.objectCache

Three years later and I am having the same exact issue with the same stopping place. I uninstalled and manually deleted everything I could find, ran defrag and ccleaner and am still having the problem.
  • Options
    Matthewadams666Matthewadams666 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    How do I do it on a Mac? keeps coming up "There was an error downloading content 6653298" "ok" ?? :evil:
  • Options
    cannabiskissescannabiskisses Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Help!
    I have just been bought a gaming computer for my birthday,so I know my system has all the requirements that the sims 3 needs. This Cyclic Redundancy Check carries on popping up. I've started again numerous times. I resorted to clicking retry, and the install bar went a little futher, it is now about a mm away from the end, but it is refusing to go any further.
    My disk is not scratched and has run perfectly well on my laptop in the past, I'm rather dissapointed.
    What should I do? Because this is getting frustrating. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sims3hotdogsims3hotdog Posts: 17
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm. This is happening to me with the sims 3 pets. :(
    It used to work fine, but now when trying to re-install it, it just won't work. Just wondering if I get a new sims 3 pets disc, will it work again? I'm a bit worried that I'll buy a new one and it still won't work. :?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top