Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)

1222324252628...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2013
    I did not read all of the thread but I read enough to know what is going on. Disk Controllers if they are going bad can cause CRC if they are going bad, I know from experience as my old desktop IDE controller was going bad and the system event log file kept saying IDE controller 0 failed to read from hard drive something. Then I also got ide controller failed to write to hard drive. Another thing that can also cause CRC is with the wireless connection if your in a building saturated with other wireless devices your internet connection could slow down to intermit data and slower speed than recommended for transfer which will then corrupt your data and making it useless. I had that problem yesterday my internet dropped way below the required speed to run internet so I just changed channels on my WiFi router.

Edit: stupid hidden post bug!
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    lissalightlissalight Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    DonJuan:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have been fighting the CRC thing all day!!
  • Options
    Deryn98431Deryn98431 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I've been trying to resolve this frustrating error for two days. It first occurred when I deleted some CC, which caused problems in-game, which led to me having to reinstall. All my content is DL from Origin, so there are no disk cleaning or popping tricks to try. I tried deleting files, deleting registry entries, clearing caches, registry cleaning, and defragging. A lot.

What finally worked, at the suggestion of EA Support Chat, was this:

https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

Running the "super patcher" as an administrator (important) finally stopped the CRC error. Whether or not the game is going to run smoothly is still up in the air -- I have a lot of expansions left to DL. But, hopefully ...

Anyway, since it worked for me, I wanted to share, in the hope that it will also help someone else. Good luck!
  • Options
    iccyshaiccysha Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Ok. So I went on to a live chat customer support and told them my problem and how I've done everything in the forum. She sent me to this link that pretty much told me to do this:
    1. Log into origin
    2. click on the tab that says origin in the top left corner.
    3. click redeem product code.
    4. enter your product code and press download.

I just downloaded sims into the future and it's downloading now.

Hopefully I was of help to at least someone :D
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited December 2013
    I am going to post this here in case the suggestions in this thread are not resolving someone's patch problems as they did not resolve mine.

I was attempting to install the base game and all the expansions that I own on my new computer I had just built. I had no trouble installing the base game and it worked fine on my new computer but I could not install any of my expansions because I could not patch the game successfully. When I patched the game I repeatedly got the CRC Error message in the middle of DeltaBuild0 and then in the middle of Deltabuild2. The nature of the errors caused by the bad patch severely corrupted the in game graphics.

I had to do my own troubleshooting as most people assumed that the problems were my own caused by hardware or driver problems.

The first suggestion in the OP to defragment my hard drive was useless. There was nothing on my hard drive. It was brand new. Other than the installation of Windows and all necessary drivers this was the first application to be installed on my computer.

The suggestion to apply the patch as an Administrator was useless. I built this computer. I am the only user. I am the Administrator. I have no reason to style my account any other way.

I had gone so far as to copy the base game installation disk to my hard drive and install it from my hard drive. I used msconfig to disable all unnecessary services and startup programs including disabling all anti-virus programs. I rebooted to Safe Mode to install the base game and then apply the Super Patch.

None of that worked!

What worked is I just kept downloading new copies of the Super Patch and kept trying to patch.

The point of my post is if people are getting the CRC Error during patching the game whether via the game launcher or by super patch it doesn't have to be caused by anything wrong with their computer. It could just be a patch corrupted in the download. I had to have downloaded that thing a dozen or more times by game launcher and then by Super Patch and every time I got the same CRC Error no matter what I tried until one time I got lucky and got a good patch in the download.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2013
    There is an ongoing issue here. EA is investigating this issue atm.

Could eveyone that has it, please answer the questions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Info-Request-CRC-Issue-on-installing-patch-1-63/m-p/2025675/ (you can post with your Origin account there).

Please provide as much info as possible so EA can fix this.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    nibbled_cookienibbled_cookie Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    ok so i have the same problem except i am pretty sure miine wont work the way you guyys have been saying fo it to because my siser left it out while i was getting my new computer and she got heaps of scratches on it! is there any way i can fix this without having to buy a new one cause its university life. not the other cheapest ones :(
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2013
    ok so i have the same problem except i am pretty sure miine wont work the way you guyys have been saying fo it to because my siser left it out while i was getting my new computer and she got heaps of scratches on it! is there any way i can fix this without having to buy a new one cause its university life. not the other cheapest ones :(

If it is a damaged disk, you can get the digital download from Origin - if you have the game registered. Just go to your My Games page of Origin. Find the game you need to download, use the i button to open a second screen and use the download button you find there - don't use the download button next to the i button as it will tell you to do things you don't need to do - such as unistall the game. It is broken and just messes everything up if you use it.
  • Options
    katedokenkatedoken Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    I am going to post this here in case the suggestions in this thread are not resolving someone's patch problems as they did not resolve mine.

I was attempting to install the base game and all the expansions that I own on my new computer I had just built. I had no trouble installing the base game and it worked fine on my new computer but I could not install any of my expansions because I could not patch the game successfully. When I patched the game I repeatedly got the CRC Error message in the middle of DeltaBuild0 and then in the middle of Deltabuild2. The nature of the errors caused by the bad patch severely corrupted the in game graphics.

I had to do my own troubleshooting as most people assumed that the problems were my own caused by hardware or driver problems.

The first suggestion in the OP to defragment my hard drive was useless. There was nothing on my hard drive. It was brand new. Other than the installation of Windows and all necessary drivers this was the first application to be installed on my computer.

The suggestion to apply the patch as an Administrator was useless. I built this computer. I am the only user. I am the Administrator. I have no reason to style my account any other way.

I had gone so far as to copy the base game installation disk to my hard drive and install it from my hard drive. I used msconfig to disable all unnecessary services and startup programs including disabling all anti-virus programs. I rebooted to Safe Mode to install the base game and then apply the Super Patch.

None of that worked!

What worked is I just kept downloading new copies of the Super Patch and kept trying to patch.

The point of my post is if people are getting the CRC Error during patching the game whether via the game launcher or by super patch it doesn't have to be caused by anything wrong with their computer. It could just be a patch corrupted in the download. I had to have downloaded that thing a dozen or more times by game launcher and then by Super Patch and every time I got the same CRC Error no matter what I tried until one time I got lucky and got a good patch in the download.

Nothing else was fixing my problem, which is exactly as described here. I tried everything. I was about ready to give up, but I finally tried Sincerbox's suggestion of just downloading the Super Patch over and over until it worked. Fortunately it only took me three tries, but it did finally work! Thank you for the suggestion!

Even the times when it didn't work, it would hang up at different times, so it really must have been the update that was the problem.
  • Options
    HannnahBabyHannnahBaby Posts: 10
    edited February 2014
    Just so everyone knows, I had this same issue when all my other sims games installed just fine right before it.

All I did was clean the disc, even though it didn't seem to be dirty. Once I did that, everything went smoothly!
  • Options
    bbear2001bbear2001 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2014
    :evil: Sims. This is what it makes you become. First they make a game held ages back from the original air date then **** ****** ***************************** (more profanities) happens. My ambitions won't install. Well done EA. Make no **************************************************************************************************************************************************************** effort to fix bugs. GRRRRR. Ea you are really getting on my ****.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited April 2014
    The same thing happened to me. Luckily I cleaned the disk and had another spare so I just used the spare disk and it worked fine. There was no way I needed to defragment anything because I just got this custom laptop today in the mail. It was the disc for sure.
  • Options
    mariam300mariam300 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    what you have to do its a pain but when it does that get out your disc wait for one minuite press retry keep doing it until it installs!
    hope this helps :D
  • Options
    AlabasterFujoshiAlabasterFujoshi Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    :mrgreen: All I had to do was clean my disk ...are you kidding me I started trying to download Showtime at 5:55pm it is now 1:48am. All of this trouble and different processes because I just needed to wipe off my disk. I am too happy to feel ******** right now...it's all thanks to one girl who reminded me to try cleaning it.
  • Options
    sweet_artistsweet_artist Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    ]hey guys, I was having problems with the error as well which says.. "a serious error has accorded while loading sunset valley ( or your sim family) it is strongly recommended to restart the application" I was having this problem but my friend said I should do this, and it worked for me! :) if your having problems with that then do this!

. go to main menu delete ALL your family's.
    . then quit the Sims 3 and start it up again. it should work!

• Options
    AbubakrAbubakr Posts: 476 Member
    edited July 2014
    Update!!

Cyclic Redundancy Checks can be avoided by registering your game. Simply download your game from Origin.com at a later stage and you never have to look at another CRC again. You can Download the same game over and over as many times as you like with just the cost of a few Gigs. Just remember to De-Authorise your machine in order to install from a new cd.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top