Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We are getting a new feature in "NEAR FUTURE"!

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I wonder if it could be story progression? That’s probably waaayyy too wishful thinking on my part.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Cool. I wouldn't speculate too much about it though, don't want to hype it too much.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I wonder if it could be story progression? That’s probably waaayyy too wishful thinking on my part.

I personally would be extremely disappointed if it was that because of my playstyle but I know many have been asking for this feature!
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I hope it's stairs! They have been talking a lot about them in their tweets. I would love some different types of stairs for building.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I have no answers to say
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I really don't want to get too hyped for this one; it happens all too often that after what seems to be a great content patch comes the not-so-great ones after it. They aren't even very specific about it either; it could be literally anything. It also seems like they're focusing more on giving us free content while we're waiting on the next pack for purchase.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The use of the word "feature" tells me it's more than new hair, clothes or ceiling fans. It would suggest something bigger. A feature would be like the COPY feature we have to copy rooms or roofs, etc. that make building easier.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Yes, a feature would be something like the copy tool, LGBT+ update, locking doors.
    If it were CAS or objects they would use the word "stuff".
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I hope it'll be something like a 'greater' feature unlike what the recent patch was.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    BleepbloopBleepbloop Posts: 11 New Member
    I think it’ll be ocean swimming after the content updates + the sand snowman + the tropical toddler pool. I think some kind of tropical pack is coming.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited August 2018
    I hope it'll be something like a 'greater' feature unlike what the recent patch was.

Well, the last update wasn't a "feature" technically but yeah, I know what you mean. Sooner or later they are going to need to work on some things that more people are asking for.
    I really wish they wouldn’t do this. They claim they want to be more transparent and open and honest with fans but yet they persist on teasing with vague statements. It’s the online equivalent of putting a few cats among the pigeons and watching the feathers fly. Once the hype train starts rolling full steam ahead, they are then quick to put the breaks on it by saying: “But don’t get hyped!” I mean come on, with that referenced tweet, what do they expect? They certainly don’t want people reading it and going: “meh” It’s a rather bizarre communication strategy. Talk of the game is becoming a focus rather than the game itself.

They can’t have it both ways. Be open and transparent like many other game companies are with future content or say nothing until you can reveal. Because they cannot complain when fans get upset with their current strategy of communication. Practise what you preach.

You make a bunch of really good points. I'm sure I'm not the only one spending more time speculating than playing these days.
    And then they get frustrated when we question it....
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »

Well, the last update wasn't a "feature" technically but yeah, I know what you mean. Sooner or later they are going to need to work on some things that more people are asking for.
    I really wish they wouldn’t do this. They claim they want to be more transparent and open and honest with fans but yet they persist on teasing with vague statements. It’s the online equivalent of putting a few cats among the pigeons and watching the feathers fly. Once the hype train starts rolling full steam ahead, they are then quick to put the breaks on it by saying: “But don’t get hyped!” I mean come on, with that referenced tweet, what do they expect? They certainly don’t want people reading it and going: “meh” It’s a rather bizarre communication strategy. Talk of the game is becoming a focus rather than the game itself.

They can’t have it both ways. Be open and transparent like many other game companies are with future content or say nothing until you can reveal. Because they cannot complain when fans get upset with their current strategy of communication. Practise what you preach.

You make a bunch of really good points. I'm sure I'm not the only one spending more time speculating than playing these days.

Now that you say it, yes. I’m 100% speculating more than I’m playing! That’s not good.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »

Now that you say it, yes. I’m 100% speculating more than I’m playing! That’s not good.

Couldn't agree more! This is no good...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I'm not going to be too hyped over this new feature it might be another update that people was not expecting.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    I almost (had to remind myself where I am for a minute) can't believe that anyone would speculate over this. It's like telling us the sun is going to come up tomorrow.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Honestly O love them doing this, and giving us information. Like they said their marketing team decide when are things ro be announced and their guru account is just there for communication. If the people at the marketing told that it is better to announce this feature at a specific date, then they won't announce it before that date. Their guru account was there to communicate with fans but still they have to follow what they are told to them.

A guru once said that there was once a fear of developers to go on tweter and interact with fans because they knew that the can't announce things soon and some questions from fans. But one guru(can't remember who) break in and started to chat using social media. She still can't announce soon but the connection with
    fans is the reason why more joined in.

I would rather have them do what they are currently doing now, even if its vague rather than left in the dark.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully its cars I've waited long enough
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2018
    I hope it's personalities. When the game will have better personalities and cars I'll be happy.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Hoping for CASt or a color wheel finally for sims.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I mean I would love a bunch of things added to the game:
    Better personalities
    tweens
    stairs
    cars
    turn on/offs
    updated babies/teens

I could go on and on. I hope it's actually something people want. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I still do have a list of features I'd like to see return in The Sims 4. I hope it's one of them. The top one is swimmable oceans/a beach destination, although that's more of a GP thing. Vehicles (owned or public) would also be nice.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hopefully its cars I've waited long enough

Just what I was thinking, too.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Two thoughts. Is near the same as their soon? And if something has to be researched to see how it works, doesn't that mean it's nowhere near being released anytime 'soon'. :D

ETA: More speculation, on theory. If something has to be reseached so they can figure out how it works doesn't than mean whatever is being researched doesn't actually belong to them or created by them (he said they need to research how it works) in order to tweak it to make it the best. I'm guessing a UI change, incorporating a third party feature.

ETA: Was research the right word if it was a feature they created wouldn't the word be test? So, that's why I'm looking at this differenly than anyone else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.