Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!!

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    There is a mod so you can have to 25 in one households.

It no longer works. Neither does the MCCC provision for a larger household. The first Mod-Busting patch took care of that. Oh, you can have more babies, don't get me wrong. You just can't save your game with them. So, what is the point? Just having that seventh child over and over and over again? Or, don't save the entire time you play? That won't work either. The minute you save that extra Sim is gone.

I haven't used it in a very long time, so there's another one I can delete out of my list of mods.
  • Options
    GatochwegGatochweg Posts: 22 Member
    Yes, It's so annoying! (Comment below)
    I don't think it's annoying most of the time 8 is enough, but not always. Especially with pets breeding in a family that also has a few kids. Or a rich noble family that has servants living in, or an orphanage etc. I used a mod once to have more sims and that was really hard to handle. But even if I don't want to play a very large household I still can think of plenty of larger households that I would want to have living in my neighbourhood.
  • Options
    strf85strf85 Posts: 20 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I'm fine with 8 sims, but wouldn't mind adding a couple of pets on top of that. Especially since they can't be controlled.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd like the option, for sure. But it would drive me insane with the way my ui is placed. 1-7 sims I'm fine, but once i hit eight the icons are so small i can hardly click them. So i probably wouldn't use it, but it'd be nice to have.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I think 8 sims is fine, what I hate are cats and dogs taking up some of those slots.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I think more than that is too much. Although since pets can't be actively played, I'd like them to not take up a slot. Maybe have a different place for them, like 4 extra slots to fill up only with pets if you go over 8 household members.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think more than that is too much. Although since pets can't be actively played, I'd like them to not take up a slot. Maybe have a different place for them, like 4 extra slots to fill up only with pets if you go over 8 household members.

Now, there's a thought. We could control them in Sims3, so it made sense for them to take up a spot. We can't in Sims4, which is perfectly okay with me, but yeah. I don't do pets, now, because I need the space. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I usually only play with households of 6, after that the game gets to glitchy.
  • Options
    XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I Don't really mind. Its not a big deal for me because when i start off with i game i make 1-3 people and grow my family in-game. But i don't create wicked huge family's cause that's not how i play.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    oops; I misunderstood. I was referring to lot size but it was about how many sims in a household. Sorry.

I usually prefer to play with no more than four sims per household. I do have more than that but play them less often. Eight or more can be over-whelming in my opinion.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Since the game wasn't built to have more than 8 sims in one house, I'd be wary of them trying to introduce methods to keep more. I personally think an 8 sim limit including pets is fine and I say this as a person who has played with large families and at times it can be hectic. I'm always in awe when I see people playing with modded houses of over 8 and wonder how they do it. :D

I honestly have no real desire to see to have more than 8 sims in a house. I can kind of understand how people may want a slightly larger limit due to pets (even though the idea of having more than 3 pets kind of weirds me out), but even still, I don't see it as a necessity.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It would be very helpful to have larger families. I tend to move Sims around a lot so that I can stage stuff and have more control over the Sims that are at an event.

At the very least, it would be great if pets didn't take up two of the existing slots.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I played an 8-sim household once and it was really hard to keep up. I don't think it should be part of the regular gameplay; 8 is already a strain on a household and if people want more sims they can mod the game. Especially without open world, having that many sims on one lot is kinda claustrophobic, in my opinion.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Im fine with the 8 slot limit regarding sims, I didn't like the fact that pets took up a slot in the household, especially with the fact that you cant select them :/
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    At minimum, pets should not be counted as 'sims' in your household, especially if you can't play as them.

It could be interesting if we could have non-playable additions to sim families, such as an additional 4 sims that you can not control directly. Personally I'd use such an option for children, it'd add a bit of realism :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    absolutely we should be able to have more than 8 sims. It doesn't matter that they've 'always done 8' since that doesn't really mean anything since they need to try new things.

I feel like they do 8 as a limit for performance, but if your computer can handle it, I see no reason why they must limit the players this way.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Emphatically no! The historical 8 is more than enough. IN case no one has noticed, any sim count over 4 is dreadfully difficult to manage with any hope of success. There is simply too much going on at the same time to keep track of. Crum, even 4 can be a burden if one of them is a toddler/baby. It's amazing how one toddler/baby (I speak of TS2 here) can turn three adults into exhausted frazzled wrecks in remarkably short time. And the player...
  • Options
    GatochwegGatochweg Posts: 22 Member
    IN case no one has noticed, any sim count over 4 is dreadfully difficult to manage with any hope of success. There is simply too much going on at the same time to keep track of.

that depends on how you play and what you like. After playing small households for a while I get bored and long for the hectic of an 8 sim household. 14 was definitely too much for me though, but that was also because I couldn't move sims in and out.

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I would love to have at least 10-12. Any more than that and i'd have some trouble.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Emphatically no! The historical 8 is more than enough. IN case no one has noticed, any sim count over 4 is dreadfully difficult to manage with any hope of success. There is simply too much going on at the same time to keep track of. Crum, even 4 can be a burden if one of them is a toddler/baby. It's amazing how one toddler/baby (I speak of TS2 here) can turn three adults into exhausted frazzled wrecks in remarkably short time. And the player...

I mange fairly well. I have two couples in one of my games. One couple has a girl and a toddler and the other couple has a son who has moved out and a child living in the house. I cope quite well.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I say yes, but only because the pets take up a human sim spot.

I liked how in Sims 3, the pets kind of had their own spots, but of course with limitations. Here's a direct quote from online source: "The most Sims you can have in a Household is 8. With The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack, you can have a maximum of 6 Pets. The Max number of both Pets and Sims combined in one Household is 10, but you cannot exceed 8 Sims or 6 Pets even if you're under the cap of 10."

Anyways, I encourage downloading Master Controller Command Center. On there, you can adjust household limit, among many, many, MANY other things. I made my household limit 10 instead of 8.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Im ok with it but i would like 9 sims per household because i wanna make Ariel(the little mermaid) whole family but i can only make all the sisters
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Sims pets have always taken slots in all 4 Sims games (except for the small pets and birds) and keep in mind only Sims 3 pets allowed controlling them as only Sims 3 pets were also Sims unlike any other pets in the Sims games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Honestly, it just takes a little practice. I used to not go over four sims in a household because it was too hectic for me. Then through circumstances too boring to recount, I wound up with a capped household I felt obligated to stick with. It's super busy, but so long as you're not a total control freak, it's not really that tough ... these aren't TS1 Sims, sims that are so dumb they'll light themselves on fire the second your back turns.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims pets have always taken slots in all 4 Sims games (except for the small pets and birds) and keep in mind only Sims 3 pets allowed controlling them as only Sims 3 pets were also Sims unlike any other pets in the Sims games.
    They didn't take slots the way they do in TS4, though. There was a small overrun where you couldn't have more than 8 human Sims, but the household could go up to 10 (I think it was 10) with pets. That's really all I'd like.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    This is something I've always had an issue with in every Sims game I've played. I like having more than eight sims. If others prefer eight or less that's fine but at least give players the option to set the cap(s) if we want more. Eight can be the default setting.

A while after Sims 3 ended I started using a mod to have more sims and pets in a household. I didn't need a drastic change in the amount of sims and pets per household but I wanted a family of seven with three to four pets and another family of six with five to six pets. Just recently I decided to play some of my old favorites like I had originally planned and now I'm remodeling all my houses for those households I plan on changing since I can add more sims and more pets.

Usually I end up needing and wishing we could have ten to twelve beings per household.
    KqGXVAC.jpg