Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!!

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Yes, It's so annoying! (Comment below)
    @GalacticGal
    You can still use MCCC to have larger households. The issues with the game crashing only happen if you have pets in your household. I've recently played households with 9 and 15 sims without any crashing or other game problems. If you only have sims in your over 8 households then it will be fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    nvm .. :)
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    verlainem wrote: »
    Years ago I would have said yes more, but now I can barely handle 8 sim/pets combinations

I've currently got 7 Sims (6 human and a cat) and it's hard for me to keep up. About to retire my two eldest Sims and move them to a small house in Oasis Springs (they'll take the cat with them). A family of 4-5 is much more manageable for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I'd say bump it to an even 10/12 household space. It's not a goal, it's an option, not everybody has to max out their family but for those of us who want to max it, we can, maybe do some challenges, raise pets, maybe be the ultimate cat lady (or man), it's an option I think we NEED.

Yes i struggle with more than two sims, doesn't mean i'm against the idea of upping house numbers in terms of storage volume because of it.

Personally, add more sim spaces, 10 or 12, i think 12, that way simmers/sims wanting the old 10 kids aspiration goal can do it without having to kick 2 or more out to reach that total. or if you just want alot of pets, the ability is there, or should be.

Also it would be fun watching my sims struggle with like 10 angry cats, never be fooled by their adorable grumpy faces
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    I'm okay with the limit for sims being 8 but with pets I think there should be a few more slots specifically for pets.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    There is a mod so you can have to 25 in one households.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member

It no longer works. Neither does the MCCC provision for a larger household. The first Mod-Busting patch took care of that. Oh, you can have more babies, don't get me wrong. You just can't save your game with them. So, what is the point? Just having that seventh child over and over and over again? Or, don't save the entire time you play? That won't work either. The minute you save that extra Sim is gone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I'm assuming it's harder on your system so.. no I don't want more than 8. I rarely have households bigger than 2 unless I'm doing a challenge.
    I wouldn't mind if they upped it with a notice to use at your own risk.. I think people just assume it will work well though if it's available.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @GalacticGal and anyone else who wants larger households with MCCC

Again, you can still play larger households with MCCC. Just now I went into my game and tested the household with 15 sims. It still works with no problems. Here's proof that it still works.
    BVNOw6e.jpg

To get more than 8 household members you click on a computer > MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size
    Then you can enter any number up to 25. Like I said in my other post, there are problems with the game crashing if you have pets in your household with over 8 members. If you only have sims though, then there aren't any problems.
  • Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    The sims 1,2,3 and 4 all had limit 8 sims and I'm fine with it.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Every single household fils up fast in my game. I wish to be able to have at least 10 in the household.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,191 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    LOL I am retired now but still don't have enough time to play even bigger families. Well not unless i give up my real life time. So 8 is definitely enough for me.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.

It no longer works. Neither does the MCCC provision for a larger household. The first Mod-Busting patch took care of that. Oh, you can have more babies, don't get me wrong. You just can't save your game with them. So, what is the point? Just having that seventh child over and over and over again? Or, don't save the entire time you play? That won't work either. The minute you save that extra Sim is gone.

The only way to avoid "mod-busting" patches is for EA to stop making new content for Sims 4. Do you really want that? I don't.

EA does not officially support mods; they literally can't because there are so many mods out there, from script mods like MCCC and UI Cheats extension to little tuning mods that let Blicbloc gain logic instead of gaming skill or to block annoying autonomous actions like constantly getting water from the sink. It's not up to EA to keep track of all the mods - that's up to the mod developers to check and update when necessary whenever there's a patch, and to players to check their mods and update. When there's a patch, I'll takea couple of days off from playing and spend some time building or creating Sims to give time for my most required mods like MCCC and UI Cheats Extension a chance to get updated.

This isn't directed at you solely, @GalacticGal but people who complain about patches breaking their mods gets on my nerves. Now if someone can give me a hand, I'll climb off my soapbox...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I'd like to have 10-12 Sims per household.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    If you have played with more than 8 Sims, with a mod, or with more Pets in TS3, I feel you know what it's like. But if you haven't, it does get pretty crazy. I played with 10 Sims in my Bachelor Challenge for a week or so, then a couple of the contestants left. But that week was pretty crazy. I wasn't controlling the contestants most of the time, either, unless Needs got emergent. I did group them up for certain things. I used the Club function, as well, to wrangle them to do what I wanted.

The house was good sized, so they could have their own rooms, had quite a few bathrooms, etc, but I still had the game on pause more than I had it on play, it seemed. Loading time increased quite a bit, too, to load the detailed large lot. And large lots just don't play that smoothly for me. I'm well within the recommendations but they just seem not to flow as well, with some autonomy lag and queues getting stuck or dropping interactions a bit. I wonder now with Seasons how that lot would play.

For the actual times I'd want to use this, the percentage would be way low. If it wouldn't be a lot of work for the team, I guess I wouldn't mind, as it certainly is a choice. But if it is lot of work, I'd much rather have them put that time put toward something I'd use more. In terms of optimal play, I'd rather play a 4-6 Sim household that flowed well, rather than a 10 Sim one with a bit of a hitch.
  • Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I'm totally fine with the amount, I rarely ever have 8 actually sims. The most is 4 sims and maybe 1 or 2 pets max.
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal and anyone else who wants larger households with MCCC

Again, you can still play larger households with MCCC. Just now I went into my game and tested the household with 15 sims. It still works with no problems. Here's proof that it still works.
    BVNOw6e.jpg

To get more than 8 household members you click on a computer > MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size
    Then you can enter any number up to 25. Like I said in my other post, there are problems with the game crashing if you have pets in your household with over 8 members. If you only have sims though, then there aren't any problems.

So, you're telling me it can save? This IS great news! Thank you. I just updated to the 5.0.0, but haven't had a chance to play yet. Thank you!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Getting more than 8 Sims to the same household through mods is very glitchy at the moment, as the game could crash when generating the household thumbnail.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I can go either way on this. I tried an 8 person household with several adults and it drove me nuts to the point where I had to split them up. It probably was my own fault because I selected day careers and night careers. I should have just picked daytime careers. However, I know this is something that is meaningful to you guys so I would support more sims per house. I mean, if you don't want more sims in your house, just don't add them.

They ought to do something about dogs and cats being counted as sims. Sims 3 was not this way.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Sometimes i wish i could make a huge family live on one lot. Grandparents and grandchildren, uncles and aunts, cousins and siblings. Sometimes i wish i could have a sim with ten hunting dogs and one fat cat. Sometimes i wish i could build two-three houses on one big lot and play with a few families at the same times. So yes, i agree. Make Sims 4 households bigger if that is a possibility!
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I think eight is pretty big household and I'm not sure how larger households affects the game's ability to run? Idk, either way, I'm a fan of the size of households. I thought it was weird that pets took up the spots. I think they shouldn't count especially since we can't control them, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Larger households...sounds like a headache. And I love big families. Like I mentioned in another post, I already have an issue with queuing and controlling multiple sim households, I can't imagine what it would be like to have a house of 20.
  • Options
    Larger households...sounds like a headache. And I love big families. Like I mentioned in another post, I already have an issue with queuing and controlling multiple sim households, I can't imagine what it would be like to have a house of 20.

You simply play with autonomy on and only select the Sims you need to achieve certain things at a time. I don't make it so that all the toddlers/children in a household get all their skills to the topmost level, that's totally unrealistic. I wrangle them to a degree, and let the others pretty much take care of themselves. :)
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.

You simply play with autonomy on and only select the Sims you need to achieve certain things at a time. I don't make it so that all the toddlers/children in a household get all their skills to the topmost level, that's totally unrealistic. I wrangle them to a degree, and let the others pretty much take care of themselves. :)

See I love maxing everything out. All my toddlers at least get to level 3 and all my children complete their aspirations. 8 is enough for me :)
  • Options
    poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Personally I think 8 is quite a big size! But with the addition of pets I can see where you're coming from...However I'm quite happy with it in my opinion :smile: