Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!!

M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
In TS4, you can only have 8 sims. I absolutely hate this and I think Maxis should change it. When thousands of people complained that there were no toddlers in the original TS4, they updated and changed it so if enough people vote and comment on this then Maxis will notice and it will change. I have posted this before and it was taken down :(
hope you all are smiling x

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!! 313 votes

Yes, It's so annoying! (Comment below)
40%
auroraael14GoldmoldaricmnfrshGalacticGalaprilroseColorist40AlrynnMeteoraStormfadingaudioCynnaSimQueenie9friendlysimmersNADYSOPHIEBagoas77drake_mccartyfruitsbasket101mock68CurolaApparentlyAwesomegoodcakebaker62 126 votes
No, I'm fine with it.
59%
Akl500PBluegayleCK213Frn0731TheStarHermitJaiSeaBluefairy286verlainemKita5399IdontrcallEuphorialQueenIcewolfHejixJasePinkPaws66IceyJqtnikkiSikoahGraceAyradyssBreeNilla 187 votes

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    um Sims 2-3 (and 4) you can only have 8 sims w/o mods. But Sims 3 had it a bit different with pets that it had a little branch off the main one unlike the current one
    6adMCGP.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Wait! The Sims 3 had no limit? I thought that I read and saw in my game that the limit is 8 sims and 6 pets, but in total the limit is 10 (For example: 8 sims & 2 pets, 4 sims & 6 pets, 5 sims & 5 pets etc). Were you using mods that time or found a cheat that allows that (there is one that allows that in The Sims 2)?
    So yes, The Sims 3 did allow bigger households by 2, but that doesn't mean they've removed the limit.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The sims 3 had a limit... 8 sims, not including pets.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    As others have stated, the household limit in every Sims title is and has been 8. Been that way since February of 2000.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Years ago I would have said yes more, but now I can barely handle 8 sim/pets combinations
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Feather_Feather_ Posts: 4 New Member
    My family involve a lot of pets, so i can barely see a human so... :smiley:
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I play a lot of big households including a 100 baby challenge and big legacy style challenges
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I use MCCC to have more than 8 sims. I love playing large families with lots of children.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    wow; so far its 50/50

I would like bigger lots. I like to have more options. I prefer the way we could place a lot in a certain spot and then build on it. Like if I wanted to add a 64 x 64 in Newcrest, I could remove three of the already placed lots and place the bigger one. It isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice to have the option.
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    @Evie0602 Which mod, I would love to get it

hope you all are smiling x
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    You can easily cheat to get more but you cant change the sim you get in cas or itll delete the extra sims. But i think you can still change their outfits with the mannequin or closet.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I’ve never played with 8 sims I get irritated with just 5 lol, that’s as big as I’ve ever went with household sizes so the limit being set at 8 doesn’t bother me.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I have a full house and I cannot imagine having to deal with more than 8 sims in one household. I like it just the way it is. I could get behind the idea if there was a setting where you could choose to set it at 8 or increase it to 10 or 12. I don't think more than 12 would be... fun. 8 is giving me gray hair already :smiley:
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I personally would like it bigger or have the ability to use CAS when you do go over that limit with a mod. That kind of bugs me.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2018
    I sometimes wish I can have more than eight sims at a time in my family. What if I wanted a family with ten kids? I would have to wait until the older ones move out but it would be nice to have large families without moving sims out. I also hate that I can't have pets in my family if I have eight sims already. What if I wanted a family with six kids and a dog and a cat? I find it restrictive. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if it's not changed but if they changed it, it would be welcomed! :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • megaluci00megaluci00 Posts: 32 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Well, eventhough I think it's a good idea I also consider that it would make the game heavier and slower... And I rarely find the limitation annoying as I don't usually play with big families. Therefore, I am fine with how things are at the moment.
  • SillyCharlieSillyCharlie Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    how much sims do you want in a household? I am pretty sure a number over 10 would make the game lag like crazy on lower end computers.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    In some aspects I can see why there is an limitation on how many Sims can be in an household, but EA/Maxis if they didn't already should give an reason for not going above 8 for those that wish to go beyond that. If it is possible it should be an option and I did vote yes because of that reason. I am however okay with 8 being I never get to 8 Sims anyway.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, if only because pets and humans share a slot. Plus I have mods to circumvent this (although none can help with CAS) and it's manageable.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I feel the pets should have been an addition of our sim count, not in with our sim count, especially since we can't control them. But, I'm fine with the 8 sim limit.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I don't have anything against them increasing it, but I have no use for it. I don't think I've ever even played a household larger than 4.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I voted yes, but its not that annoying. I just don't like that pets are lumped into the 8. I do use MCCC to raise it to 10 for pet breeding, but move out the kittens/puppies to stay at or below 8 for editing purposes.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would like this to be changed not to actually play with more than 8 sims (would be too stressful for me personally), but because it's a good idea for storytellers so if they want to take screenshots or film something, they can just put all sims they need into the same household.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I'm fine with it :) btw in ts2 I use large hh mod xD
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    um Sims 2-3 (and 4) you can only have 8 sims w/o mods. But Sims 3 had it a bit different with pets that it had a little branch off the main one unlike the current one

Uh, no. In Sims3, my Sim Dad had to give up his horse so his wife could have another baby. In Sims2 my family Sims would roll the desire (Want) to have ten children. The only way that was possible was to ship a couple of the older children to university. But, then they couldn't return to the family home. :open_mouth:

As for me, I wish we could have more than 8 Sims on a lot. I love HUGE families. Mostly, because I started playing my Ancestors, which is a hoot! However, they all had large households. Children didn't often survive past age five, and some were miscarried, far more often than we know. Some died in infancy. This happened so often it was recommended that parents didn't name their children prior to age 1. Take a look at the death records. It's not uncommon to see Baby Last Name. They may give the gender, Baby Boy Last Name. But that generally means the child didn't survive infancy. Trying to play my family with a certain amount of accuracy is hard enough as per the limits of game play. No way to properly build a fort, no way to have the Cherokee strike, et al. No way to divorce my 18th century Sims from their CELL PHONES. "Gee, honey, I won't be home for Dinner this afternoon, I'm stuck out here in the wild chasing after the raiding Indians."

What galls me is to have to decide which of my fifth great-grandfather's siblings I shouldn't have born in the game? Keeping in mind, that he was baby number seven when the game only allows for six. Let alone which of his aunts and uncles to omit.

Used to have a mod that could fix it. Now, it can't. Mysteriously. Am I to thank EA for that? I play this game for a bit of fun and to relax. If I want to be forever frustrated I'd simply work on my Genealogical Brick Walls, nonstop.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/