Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss being able to talk about the up coming packs

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

But if Seasons doesn't impress players or give them enough gameplay to "hold them over" until the next shiny object falls from the sky, then chances are, the next unknown pack won't either.

For me the huge problem with this game is the personalities. Until they don't fix that, they can add whatever to the game but it will never feel complete.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I really hope we get a Gamepack Announcement this week. If there is a GP coming in Late August the time to announce is this week. The reason I think Late August is because Laundry Day Stuff is coming out on the consoles Next Week on the 14th. They'll want 2 weeks to push that console release after it's out.

I think a lot of people are thinking the next GP could be witches but it maybe Pool and Summer Related.
  • Options
    Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    Yes - I just bought my last 3 stuff packs in TS4:
    1.Cool Kitchen Stuff
    2. Romantic Garden Stuff
    3. Toddler Stuff

And it's downloading atm, I only bought them because I wanted a few more stuff for my toddlers and it's the last 3 packs I need. Now having everything in the game, I feel a bit sad because I am always looking forward to buying an expansion or stuff pack, and now there's nothing left :(
  • Options

But if Seasons doesn't impress players or give them enough gameplay to "hold them over" until the next shiny object falls from the sky, then chances are, the next unknown pack won't either.

For me the huge problem with this game is the personalities. Until they don't fix that, they can add whatever to the game but it will never feel complete.

Same. I won't be 100% completely satisfied until they have a chemistry chart so each sim can get along differently with the next.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I miss the good old days when you had the excitement of opening a new expansion pack and finding a flyer announcing the next expansion pack.
    Double excitement!

that sounds great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I really hope we get a Gamepack Announcement this week. If there is a GP coming in Late August the time to announce is this week. The reason I think Late August is because Laundry Day Stuff is coming out on the consoles Next Week on the 14th. They'll want 2 weeks to push that console release after it's out.

I think a lot of people are thinking the next GP could be witches but it maybe Pool and Summer Related.

I hope your right
  • Options
    Kate is on vacation this week so don't expect any announcement this week.
  • Options
    Wow, someone on this thread gets easily tipped off! Hopefully they aren't like that in real life, that would just be exhausting :D .

@comicsforlife For some reason people kept talking about having a University Expansion pack after a stuff pack comes out. I've only played TS4 since a couple of months ago, I had heard about TS before that but never played it, so I don't really know if University was good or not! I don't really care if a stuff pack comes out soon or not, although I am a huge fan, I am excited for the next expansion pack though!
  • Options
    Sweeties29 wrote: »
    Wow, someone on this thread gets easily tipped off! Hopefully they aren't like that in real life, that would just be exhausting :D .

@comicsforlife For some reason people kept talking about having a University Expansion pack after a stuff pack comes out. I've only played TS4 since a couple of months ago, I had heard about TS before that but never played it, so I don't really know if University was good or not! I don't really care if a stuff pack comes out soon or not, although I am a huge fan, I am excited for the next expansion pack though!

University in sims 2 and 3 are ok but I wouldn't say its my favorite I would rather have a romance or super star pack
    where your sim could be a singer or have new wedding stuff @Sweeties29
  • Options
    Kate is on vacation this week so don't expect any announcement this week.

oh man
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    I would still like to know weather we can expect a pack in the next few months or if we arn't getting anything until winter
    because thats a real possibility

I am going to predict that we will get a pack in November or December. Because I am a loser, I made a note of the gap between all EP and GP releases historically (ignored SPs, because I do not buy those) and on average there is a gap of 4.5 months between one EP or GP being released and the next one coming out. Seasons came out at the end of June. So, 4.5 months after that would be around November or December, particularly as they will want to release something in time for Christmas. I could be wrong though. There have been much longer gaps with no EP or GP, but I am being optimistic.

ETA:

Outdoor retreat: 1/2015
    Get to work: 3/2015 (2 months since previous pack)
    Spa Day: 7/2015 (4 months since previous pack)
    Get together: 8/2015 (1 month since previous pack)
    Dine out: 6/2016 (10 months since previous pack)
    City Living: 11/2016 (5 months since previous pack)
    Vampires: 1/2017 (2 months since previous pack)
    Parenthood: 5/2017 (4 months since previous pack)
    Cats and dogs: 11/2017 (6 months since previous pack)
    Jungle adventure: 2/2018 (3 months since previous pack)
    Seasons: 6/2018 (4 months since previous pack)

Average: 4.4 months between EPs and GPs
    Next pack: 11/2018

As you can see there were some long gaps, but also some shorter gaps too. So, perhaps averaging may not entirely work. We will see, though.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    I would still like to know weather we can expect a pack in the next few months or if we arn't getting anything until winter
    because thats a real possibility

I am going to predict that we will get a pack in November or December. Because I am a loser, I made a note of the gap between all EP and GP releases historically (ignored SPs, because I do not buy those) and on average there is a gap of 4.5 months between one EP or GP being released and the next one coming out. Seasons came out at the end of June. So, 4.5 months after that would be around November or December, particularly as they will want to release something in time for Christmas. I could be wrong though. There have been much longer gaps with no EP or GP, but I am being optimistic.

ETA:

Outdoor retreat: 1/2015
    Get to work: 3/2015 (2 months since previous pack)
    Spa Day: 7/2015 (4 months since previous pack)
    Get together: 8/2015 (1 month since previous pack)
    Dine out: 6/2016 (10 months since previous pack)
    City Living: 11/2016 (5 months since previous pack)
    Vampires: 1/2017 (2 months since previous pack)
    Parenthood: 5/2017 (4 months since previous pack)
    Cats and dogs: 11/2017 (6 months since previous pack)
    Jungle adventure: 2/2018 (3 months since previous pack)
    Seasons: 6/2018 (4 months since previous pack)

Average: 4.4 months between EPs and GPs
    Next pack: 11/2018

As you can see there were some long gaps, but also some shorter gaps too. So, perhaps averaging may not entirely work. We will see, though.

thanks very well thought out
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I can't argue with that. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I can't argue with that. :)

lol :)
  • Options
    I'm expecting next quarter to be big which is the last quarter in this year. I think this quarter will be another dry one. Already we're into August and nothing else has been announced thus far though we might get something in September if not in August.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well we did get the Toddlers SP last year around this time. And given that SPs are only announced a week before, maybe that'll be the thing this quarter. Of course, they also said that we might have quarters without paid content, so this one could be it too. I guess we'll just have to wait and be surprised
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    well I think since they said there would be empty quarters that this would have to be one because its not gonna be in the Holiday season
    when everyone is getting gifts right? I mean that would be pretty crazy if they did that

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Summer has always been light on content. I see no reason why this summer should be any different.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    well I think since they said there would be empty quarters that this would have to be one because its not gonna be in the Holiday season
    when everyone is getting gifts right? I mean that would be pretty crazy if they did that

Good point, but what if the next quarter is also one of those dry quarters? Nothing but an interview with a game changer and or more gallery fixes/updates? That would be a very long time to wait for even a stuff pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Good point, but what if the next quarter is also one of those dry quarters? Nothing but an interview with a game changer and or more gallery fixes/updates? That would be a very long time to wait for even a stuff pack.

but then they would miss out on Holiday shoppers no one who sells stuff wants to miss out on that
    even car adds that time of year have big red ribbons on the cars so I think that would be really strange if they didn't
    release at least a game pack @Cinebar
  • Options

but then they would miss out on Holiday shoppers no one who sells stuff wants to miss out on that
    even car adds that time of year have big red ribbons on the cars so I think that would be really strange if they didn't
    release at least a game pack @Cinebar

Yes pretty much either a gamepack and or another expansion will be coming around the holiday season.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Summer has always been light on content. I see no reason why this summer should be any different.

well if it wasn't for the fact that they said there would be empty quarters I would say the reason to expect something in this quarter
    would be because we already had a light quarter seasons only made it out a few days before the quarter ended @Dannydanbo
    we had over three months with nothing hopefully this is not the new norm even sims 2 and 3 had the store to tide people over
    stuff packs are that for sims 4 I hope they aren't gone
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

well if it wasn't for the fact that they said there would be empty quarters I would say the reason to expect something in this quarter
    would be because we already had a light quarter seasons only made it out a few days before the quarter ended @Dannydanbo
    we had over three months with nothing hopefully this is not the new norm even sims 2 and 3 had the store to tide people over

Why is it difficult for people to believe that this is not S2 or S3? This is a new and different version that follows new and different guidelines.
    Yes, in the past, we would get an EP and a SP or a GP and a SP of two SPs or one SP every quarter. That has ended. It will not be that way any more. Packs will be released slower, hopefully there will be more EPs, but we don't know yet. What we do know is that no SP or GP has been released and none is rumored to be in the works. We've been told things are (and now have) going to change. There may be huge gaps between packs. It seems very clear to me that this is the new norm. Things change.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Why is it difficult for people to believe that this is not S2 or S3? This is a new and different version that follows new and different guidelines.
    Yes, in the past, we would get an EP and a SP or a GP and a SP of two SPs or one SP every quarter. That has ended. It will not be that way any more. Packs will be released slower, hopefully there will be more EPs, but we don't know yet. What we do know is that no SP or GP has been released and none is rumored to be in the works. We've been told things are (and now have) going to change. There may be huge gaps between packs. It seems very clear to me that this is the new norm. Things change.

Well, if that doesn’t say ‘everything is perfectly fine and production is better than ever’ then I don’t know what will! :blush: