Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss being able to talk about the up coming packs

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Summer has always been light on content. I see no reason why this summer should be any different.

well if it wasn't for the fact that they said there would be empty quarters I would say the reason to expect something in this quarter
    would be because we already had a light quarter seasons only made it out a few days before the quarter ended @Dannydanbo
    we had over three months with nothing hopefully this is not the new norm even sims 2 and 3 had the store to tide people over
    stuff packs are that for sims 4 I hope they aren't gone

Why is it difficult for people to believe that this is not S2 or S3? This is a new and different version that follows new and different guidelines.
    Yes, in the past, we would get an EP and a SP or a GP and a SP of two SPs or one SP every quarter. That has ended. It will not be that way any more. Packs will be released slower, hopefully there will be more EPs, but we don't know yet. What we do know is that no SP or GP has been released and none is rumored to be in the works. We've been told things are (and now have) going to change. There may be huge gaps between packs. It seems very clear to me that this is the new norm. Things change.

Well, if that doesn’t say ‘everything is perfectly fine and production is better than ever’ then I don’t know what will! :blush:

They told us that they have a lot of big things planned for a least three years. Just because packs don't roll out on my or your schedule doesn't mean that they aren't working on those things. Just because people are already bored with Seasons is no reason for doom and gloom.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2018
    Summer has always been light on content. I see no reason why this summer should be any different.

well if it wasn't for the fact that they said there would be empty quarters I would say the reason to expect something in this quarter
    would be because we already had a light quarter seasons only made it out a few days before the quarter ended @Dannydanbo
    we had over three months with nothing hopefully this is not the new norm even sims 2 and 3 had the store to tide people over

Why is it difficult for people to believe that this is not S2 or S3? This is a new and different version that follows new and different guidelines.
    Yes, in the past, we would get an EP and a SP or a GP and a SP of two SPs or one SP every quarter. That has ended. It will not be that way any more. Packs will be released slower, hopefully there will be more EPs, but we don't know yet. What we do know is that no SP or GP has been released and none is rumored to be in the works. We've been told things are (and now have) going to change. There may be huge gaps between packs. It seems very clear to me that this is the new norm. Things change.

Well, if that doesn’t say ‘everything is perfectly fine and production is better than ever’ then I don’t know what will! :blush:

They told us that they have a lot of big things planned for a least three years. Just because packs don't roll out on my or your schedule doesn't mean that they aren't working on those things. Just because people are already bored with Seasons is no reason for doom and gloom.

I'm not bored with Seasons I love it. I still however want another pack particularly one that is water themed,tropical vacations or romanced themed. All of these could compliment Seasons.

Still dreaming of sending my sims on a bon voyage type vacation were they can swim in the ocean,relax in hammocks and stay in a lavish resort.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I'm not bored with Seasons I love it. I still however want another pack particularly one that is water themed,tropical vacations or romanced themed. All of these could compliment Seasons.

Still dreaming of sending my sims on a bon voyage type vacation were they can swim in the ocean,relax in hammocks and stay in a lavish resort.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    A lot of players want a lot of things, but they all can't be made at the same time. Whatever they are working on, I'm sure I'll love. I hope it's something you will love too. But it becoming more and more obvious that those things might take longer to get here.
  • Options
    lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    I did like being able to talk about upcoming packs, but in a way I'm glad I don't know so there's less overhyping. I did really like the Seasons announcement and smaller gap between the announcment and release and hope there are more releases like this. I think we always want to know what to expect and what's coming though and have even more to look forward to! It sounds like a lot is planned. I'm hoping for some more good content this year whether it's a GP or even an EP (not 100% certain of that thought) :)
  • Options
    A lot of players want a lot of things, but they all can't be made at the same time. Whatever they are working on, I'm sure I'll love. I hope it's something you will love too. But it becoming more and more obvious that those things might take longer to get here.

yes I have to agree with you there @Dannydanbo
  • Options
    lolabee wrote: »
    I did like being able to talk about upcoming packs, but in a way I'm glad I don't know so there's less overhyping. I did really like the Seasons announcement and smaller gap between the announcment and release and hope there are more releases like this. I think we always want to know what to expect and what's coming though and have even more to look forward to! It sounds like a lot is planned. I'm hoping for some more good content this year whether it's a GP or even an EP (not 100% certain of that thought) :)

I think the next pack will be a gp @lolabee
  • Options
    lolabee wrote: »

I think the next pack will be a gp @lolabee

They have always had EP's drop at Thanksgiving for big sales on Black Friday, so I think maybe (*crossing fingers and toes*) there might, maybe, possibly be an EP in November. It wouldn't be a SP and it could be a GP, but, as I said, Black Friday is a big sales time so why not drop something big.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited August 2018
    you could play sims 2 or sims 3 while you wait thats what I'm doing for a change of pace and it gives me more ideas for suggestions for sims 4

I wish that were that easy, but not everyone has a PC that can play those games.

But for me the problem is that before Seasons even came out everyone wanted to know every little detail and I got burnt out before the game even came out.
    I'm by no means saying I like the silence, as I like knowing something is coming. I wish the players didn't nitpick every little detail.
  • Options
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    you could play sims 2 or sims 3 while you wait thats what I'm doing for a change of pace and it gives me more ideas for suggestions for sims 4

I wish that were that easy, but not everyone has a PC that can play those games.

But for me the problem is that before Seasons even came out everyone wanted to know every little detail and I got burnt out before the game even came out.
    I'm by no means saying I like the silence, as I like knowing something is coming. I wish the players didn't nitpick every little detail.

you should avoid spoilers then avoid the forum and twitter or topics about the new pack @BoredinTX
  • Options
    BoredinTX wrote: »

also if you have a Nintendo ds you could get sims 2 castaway such a fun game @BoredinTX
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Things still seem very top secret these days. That could be a good thing or it could be a terrible thing depending on what your preferences are
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Things still seem very top secret these days. That could be a good thing or it could be a terrible thing depending on what your preferences are

well even if it takes them forever to start talking about stuff we know they will so if your the kind of person who doesn't like spoilers
    its just a good idea to not go where people are going to be talking about it thats what I do when I don't want spoilers :)
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I liked the quarterly teasers and I won't watch their bi-weekly twitch play stuff. I do not want to watch the developers play the game. I want the developers to show us NEW things in the game.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I liked the quarterly teasers and I won't watch their bi-weekly twitch play stuff. I do not want to watch the developers play the game. I want the developers to show us NEW things in the game.

It's possible that, while watching the devs play the game, you might learn something "new" about the game from the people who made the game.
  • Options
    I agree with @Erja888 I'm not really interested in watching them play the game unless there showing new info about whats coming to the game
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2018

They've always been "top secret" and we got amazing content since 2017. You don't have reasons to be worried or make other players worried.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    so what do you think guys will we get some dlc news today
  • Options

Why today? Is there something special about today?
  • Options

Teaser trailers generally come on Mondays and Wednesdays with the full blown trailer releasing the next day.
  • Options

Teaser trailers generally come on Mondays and Wednesdays with the full blown trailer releasing the next day.

But they don't do teasers anymore so why expect something that they said will not happen. It's a waste of my time to "wish" for things that they don't do anymore.
  • Options

But they don't do teasers anymore so why expect something that they said will not happen. It's a waste of my time to "wish" for things that they don't do anymore.

They still do teasers for pack trailers. I'm not talking about quarterly teasers.
  • Options

They still do teasers for pack trailers. I'm not talking about quarterly teasers.

I wouldn't expect any teaser for any pack until November when we normally get a pack for Black Friday.
  • Options

I wouldn't expect any teaser for any pack until November when we normally get a pack for Black Friday.

I dont think it will be that long. I expect Late August or September.
  • Options

I dont think it will be that long. I expect Late August or September.

So they would have nothing to offer on the biggest sales day of the year? That's crazy.