Hi, all. After nine years of playing Sims 3, I've finally decided to create a place to share my builds for the game. Up until recently, I've usually only uploaded things I've made for gifting occasions, challenges and contests, and those kinds of things already have a thread for sharing them. The past few months, however, I've found myself with more time on my hands than previously, and I've filled some of that up by building - just whatever comes to mind - and I thought I'd like to share some of those things with you.
Since I still sometimes build for gifting, challenges, etc., I will probably give those creations a mention here, too, but my motivation in making this thread is as a way to share my other builds. I may stick in a sim or household here and there, too, if they go along with a lot.
Some things you may like to know:
* This thread will start with new things I've been making, but all my older creations can be found in My Studio
* I only plan to share builds that are CC and CAP free, and I Custard check my builds before uploading them.
(It's possible there is CAP in my earlier builds in my studio that hasn't been mentioned - looks like mid-2016 and forward is definitely without CAP - but I have never used CC in any.)
* I tend to enjoy making and playing smaller lots, so you will probably see a lot of that kind of build from me as we go along.
* Lots are play tested, at a minimum with a walk-through by my tester/upgrader sim to make sure everything is accessible and there are no routing problems. In more complicated situations, I put in families with babies/toddlers and/or pets to make sure it works for everyone who I think will be living there. Community lots go "live" to see how visitors do and that the correct NPC's spawn, etc.
* Frequently, you will find I've upgraded appliances and electronics, and if there is a garden, I may have placed perfect (or at a minimum excellent) quality plants. I'm more likely to do these things for larger, more expensive builds, and less likely to for smaller, less expensive builds. (I won't say "starter" because it's very difficult for me to stay in budget for a true starter, and I'm not likely to ever manage to upload one.
) The rationale for which to upgrade or not upgrade is that sims who live in a smaller house are more likely to just be starting out and may want to advance their skills, while sims who can afford a larger house, may no longer be very concerned with skilling up. There may be exceptions depending on the purpose of a particular build.
I'm still learning, and I hope I'm improving my builds as I go along. Sometimes I look at an older lot I was never really satisfied with and think "hey, that was better than I remember" and other times I look at another - maybe one I remember really liking - and it's more like "what was I thinking?!"
I do like the give and take of sharing, though, and the learning experience. I hope there is something here you will enjoy.