Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Peacefuldove79_gurlPeacefuldove79_gurl Posts: 1 New Member
    University and tropical island like castaway we have pirate outfits why not be able to build a pirate ship and search for gold
  • Options
    HavenHaven Posts: 37 Member
    What I am really really hoping for is a remake of the original sims 'Makin' Magic'. I could kind of picture it now, a new world that's 'Magic Town'. With magic shops and maybe more gothic looking furniture and houses, but all in all I would really love another supernatural themed pack.
    w7ctvt.png
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Haven wrote: »
    What I am really really hoping for is a remake of the original sims 'Makin' Magic'. I could kind of picture it now, a new world that's 'Magic Town'. With magic shops and maybe more gothic looking furniture and houses, but all in all I would really love another supernatural themed pack.

I'd have to second this, Makin' Magic was my favourite pack for the original The Sims, I loved the syle. the music, Magic Town lots and the items that came with it as well as the magic abilities for sims. I played that pack for so many hours and I have such happy memories of that time.

I kinda doubt that we'd see the same again though, probably more like bits and pieces here and there if at all, but it costs nothing to dream. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2018
    Just curious about what the majority thinks.
    I'm speaking about Expansion Packs (EPs) like Cats & Dogs or Seasons, NOT Game or Stuff Packs.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    mindylarabiemindylarabie Posts: 1 New Member
    |I soo want something new! I LOVE the idea of farming!!!
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    A University Expansion, or a rock band/celebrity game pack.

More worlds to build on! I'm so out of build space! I do love the beach world idea someone brought up. My Sims would love an island getaway world!. (Speaking of destination packs, why not make the relics from Jungle Adventure viewable, just as art and other objects are? They are so hard-won yet my Sim can't even admire his prize sitting on his mantle.)

More group activities where you can talk and do stuff together at the same time (why can't Sims talk and bowl, or talk and skate, or talk and horse-shoe, etc?).

A School game pack where you can follow your kids to school.

Set our own colors and patterns for decorating. My Sims sure would like to change their bed sheets.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Heroes and Criminals expansion. Really make the most out of our good and evil Sims.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    University/School related.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I suspect, this:
    IceyJ wrote: »
    University/School related.
    Is the most likely.

If not education themed, then maybe farm themed, but I doubt it would come so soon after cats and dogs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2018
    What I expect:
    - Some kind of school/education EP (not just university) to make it different from past games.
    - Magic, either in EP or GP. Considering how much in-depth vampires are compared to previous games, I would prefer in GP.

What I want:
    - Romance GP (bring back chemistry, one or two more aspirations, romantic interactions for ALL life stages not only focused on YA, new traits, online dating etc.)
    - Kids/teens/elders definitively needs more love.
    - A beach/snow vacation world.
    - Hobbies for all life stages.
    Post edited by SimsAddict_244 on
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I suspect it will most likely be a University themed pack, but I think there's a chance it could also be something like Island Paradise. From polls and questions we know a farming EP is being researched and possibly in the works, but likely not until 2020 at least. Supernaturals seem likely to be split up among GP instead now. So really, University is the only major EP that has shown up in both Sims 2 and 3. Small chance of a fame/superstar type EP as that showed up in Sims 1 and 3 but I think University is much more heavily requested.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I merged 2 very similar threads together here, apologies for any confusion.

Thanks,
    Mage
  • Options
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi all,

I merged 2 very similar threads together here, apologies for any confusion.

Thanks,
    Mage

Ha I was wondering why I had two responses so close to each other! Thank you!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I’m hoping for a Celebrities- themed pack and a university pack
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I just hope we will get some information on whats comming next soon....Wondering if they will hint at something in the next stream.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Some island themed vacation pack, or maybe university/education. Supernatural is a good one too, but I want that more in a gamepack, so the designers can focus on specific things and occults.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I don't really understand why so many people want a University pack but maybe i'm missing something. I'd personally want a farming EP or a vacation EP with an island kind of world and ocean swimming :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2018
    Koteyka wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many people want a University pack but maybe i'm missing something. I'd personally want a farming EP or a vacation EP with an island kind of world and ocean swimming :)

for the same reasons you want a farming pack or a vacation pack.
    its a theme we want to see.

its a past favorite like seasons, pets, fame, nightlife.

so many want it for a university setting, going to college, attending class's, groups ect ect!

new careers for when you leave college.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Haven wrote: »

I've been semi-campaigning for this on the forums and Twitter. Never got to play much with witches in Sims 2 (Apartment Life and Free Time were never ported to the Mac) and Sims 3 Supernatural was just overkill -- there was so much there that all the supernaturals felt watered down. And SimGuruGrant has said that Makin' Magic was his favorite treatment of witches/magic, so maybe there's a possibility. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »

For many it's a rite of passage sort of thing. I'd like University but I want more than just the usual "party" scene -- I'd like features that benefit the serious student as well. And there are the perks; jobs you can't get without a degree, or maybe a degree in a related subject gives you a higher starting salary or jumps you up to the level where you choose the career branch. I think like Pets and Seasons, University has been one of those packs that have become essential for a full Sims experience for many players.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I want a University pack not so much for the school but all the life experience type items and hobbies that go along with it. Would be nice to have some compact dorm room type items too, would be perfect for tiny houses. BUNK BEDS (for adults but make them for kids too). I loved the comic book shop from Sims 3! More athletic stuff would be nice too, something Sims has ALWAYS been lacking in beyond the minimal.
  • Options
    TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Why do I get the feeling that Maxis and EA will be releasing all of the packs for the consoles and close off The Sims 4? Not to try and dampen this thread or anything, but that's what it seems like that's what's happening to the game as a whole.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    The Sims 4 got a 3 years extension, so at least 3 more expansion packs will come out for it. I know it feels like the end because all the other Sims games were pretty much done after their first 3 years but Sims 4 is like a genre of it's own now.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2018
    @stilljustme2, @marcel21, i guess since I have yet to go to college I just don't understand the excitement of it, haha! I played with university in TS3 only once and it was pretty... dull. Boring. Not much to do. Moved back to family gameplay in two hours. Maybe that'll change in a few years when i actually experience college in real life.
  • Options
    Seymour92Seymour92 Posts: 11 New Member
    Personally, I loved University and definitely wouldn't mind seeing it again for TS4, and I'd really love to be able to run resorts again; that was always one of my favorite parts of TS3