Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I imagine that some sort of a University pack would be either next or in the relatively near future. Beyond that, I'd expect to see other supernatural life states or a magic pack of some sort.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Supernatural or University might be next. But I hope they do something different than they have for the other versions.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Guys, I've been thinking... Wouldn't a Hobbies pack be good? Kind of like what they did in the original Sims, but more tuned to the modern days.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Witches as a GP and then the next EP can be university, with those I'll be pretty happy with where TS4 is at.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    We're due for Sims 5.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Guys, I've been thinking... Wouldn't a Hobbies pack be good? Kind of like what they did in the original Sims, but more tuned to the modern days.

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't remember hobbies in the original Sims. :o We have hobbies in TS2 Freetime.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing the next theme in each of the three pack types will be:

University expansion pack
    Witches game pack
    Pool stuff pack

One of the Gurus made a Twitter poll recently on farming which means it would be at the early stages of development, the next game pack's theme will be set in stone by now. I bet farming is two game packs away.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I'm guessing the next theme in each of the three pack types will be:

University expansion pack
    Witches game pack
    Pool stuff pack

One of the Gurus made a Twitter poll recently on farming which means it would be at the early stages of development, the next game pack's theme will be set in stone by now. I bet farming is two game packs away.

Grant used the word expansion I believe in his poll, so I really hope they take that route rather than trying to condense farming into a gamepack
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    new concept
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm pretty interested in Farming, but I'd also like to see Magic and Werewolves. Superheros as well, maybe.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I really really really want a University pack, I think that would just be so amazing! I've greatly enjoyed The Sims 2 University with their idea of dorms and staying for 4 years, but I enjoyed The Sims 3 University even more, I liked that people of all ages (not just teens) could go to college and you don't have to stay for 4 years straight to get it done. I think 2 semesters max at a time is appropriate.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    A Education EP would be cool. And would be even cooler if we could send our wizard sims to a Simwarts or something like that
  • Options
    ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    Unfortunately, I just don't think a supernatural pack would be as good in this series.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    A Education EP would be cool. And would be even cooler if we could send our wizard sims to a Simwarts or something like that

Gosh, yes! That would be an amazing idea and it has got potential for creative gameplay!
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2018
    i think there will be a Farming GP coming with the new sesons pack just released this would make sence I can also see a winter stuff pack and possably a uni EP. althought I would like a Summer camp GP i got a vision in my mind of what this could look like.
  • Options
    TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    Would absolutely love something supernatural orientated GPs.
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

• Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    1. Supernatural (include witches, mermaids in this) and if they can't then:
    2. Mermaids
    3. Magic
    4. Different areas for vacations like tropical paradise (not everyone likes to go camping)
    5. University
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    :o
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I really really really want a University pack, I think that would just be so amazing! I've greatly enjoyed The Sims 2 University with their idea of dorms and staying for 4 years, but I enjoyed The Sims 3 University even more, I liked that people of all ages (not just teens) could go to college and you don't have to stay for 4 years straight to get it done. I think 2 semesters max at a time is appropriate.

only :o 2 semester

the option to choose how many would be nice :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    TLM08 wrote: »
    A ton of people want a magic pack....and I was thinking it would be awesome if in game it was randomized as to who would get magic. So obviously you can create a magical sim if you want, but also maybe you could be playing a family you've had forever and either at birth or at young adulthood or teen you get a popup saying your sim has magical powers (of course you could deny it or turn off the randomization) but I just think it would be so cool if it was like Harry Potter style and you could just be born magical without creating a sim to be magical.

I feel like it would have to be rare like at the most 10/100 sims would be born with magic.

In terms of genetics The Arcane Trait would be considered a dominant Trait. So if a Sorcerer got with a Human their children would definitely be a Sorcerer too. and maybe there's a chance their ability to utilize the magic would be dormant, and maybe a powerful sorcerer could awaken another sim's power.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Kenobi26Kenobi26 Posts: 9 New Member
    University would be cool, and probably a "given" as something popular with fans of the old games - I would like to see something new added with this instead of a recycle, though. Maybe a new batch of skills/specializations added to the old standard, or perhaps a revamp of the old skill system, allowing us more depth and diversity in skill selection. If they borrowed from the skill tree they used in Vampires and made it a little more in depth, that would be cool.

For example, there could be sub-categories of each skill. Under "Handiness", allow "Computer Repair", "Plumbing", and "Electrician" (as well as others) as specializations, so a SIM doesn't have a generic, one-size-fits-all skill. Mortimer SIM might be a whiz with fixing a toilet, but could still fry himself fixing a toaster. These skills could be learned in a University setting, allowing the player to select their "class load" each semester to add or improve specializations. Botany class could unlock a bevy of skills under a "Naturalist" Main skill, while a natural science class could improve a fishing specialization etc.

I would also love to see a Supernatural expansion in the vein of the Vampire pack (no pun intended). They already have the "mechanics" setup as far as skill trees, they could simply apply it to Mages and Shapeshifters, and expand upon it.

As for exotic travel, I'm all for this. I would like to see a "Getaway" pack similar to Sims 3 - with a tropical locale and maybe an orient destination, where SIMS can learn the forbidden arts again and have tournaments of martial skill.

Someone said something about "Supers"? This would be an original and unique take on the SIMS. I'm not sure how this would be implemented or the practical application to the game, but it might be fun. The whole superhero thing has really become popular in the last decade with the MCU, so why not capitalize on this? In depth costume designs, power sets, new career paths (criminal mastermind, supergroup leader, etc), creating secret identities that you have to work hard to protect, and so on...might be a big hit.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Probably gonna be a stuff pack or game pack. But I hope the next expansion is either a university pack or something of that nature.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited July 2018
    *falls to knees*

Supernatural, please please pleaaaaaaase???? We haven't had a new life state in a year! :( The realism is getting to be a bit much...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    What do you think will be the next installment in the series? I'm thinking of a Farming GP and maybe a Supernatural one. I can't deny that I want a University EP though... Thank you for your comments, Simmers!

I would like to think a Tropical Beach Vacation GP is next since we got Seasons and a University Expansion is releasing in November or December with a Stuffpack in between.
  • Options
    agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    Variable wrote: »
    We're due for Sims 5.

That was my thoughts exactly. I kind of feel like their slowing down like they did with Sims 3 right before 4 was released. I"m hoping not though because I"d rather just flesh out 4 than have to start things all over again!
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Variable wrote: »
    We're due for Sims 5.

That was my thoughts exactly. I kind of feel like their slowing down like they did with Sims 3 right before 4 was released. I"m hoping not though because I"d rather just flesh out 4 than have to start things all over again!

3 more years are left for TS4. Grant mentioned that on Twitter.