March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• Bellamy_PlaysBellamy_Plays Posts: 22 Member
    I would like a Hotel Pack
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Hotels will most likely come with a Tropical Beach Pack as Resorts.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    What do you think will be the next installment in the series? I'm thinking of a Farming GP and maybe a Supernatural one. I can't deny that I want a University EP though... Thank you for your comments, Simmers!

I want the same as you.
    University is the most important pack to me right now.
    I do want farming and some magic as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    I’m hoping for University but I also hope it’s a celebrity type pack that could include a fame system. There are careers that can help gain status, such as the musician, comedian, athletes, gamer athlete, and the live-streaming career from CL. Also the critic career possibly. Would love it if my sim was able to find out she was cheated on through the paparazzi
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    When I see the majority wishing for re-runs of previous EP's I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one here who would like something completely new?

Things we've never had which I'd like to see in an EP or GP are:
    • Full on farming with animals, livestock, CHICKENS!!! (Harvest moon feels)
    • Superheroes, supervillains, including comedic crime situations. XD
    • Retail therapy - days out at a mega mall would be awesome.
    • Family days out - Theme parks, zoos, sealife centers.
    • Full on sports pack, hobby and competitive style.

And while not new ideas I really would like to see some vast improvements to existing features before seeing new packs. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they actually game in a pack:
    • Re-vamped AI and personalities
    • Re-vamped social system- it's too cheery for me. You're supposed to be arguing, please don't hug immediately after.
    • Better pool activites, interactive lakes/oceans.
    • MOAR NPC. Burglars. Firefighters Strippers.

Then I'd be excited to see existing packs like University (including new teen models, too)

• Potter1013Potter1013 Posts: 20 Member
    I really want a Harry Potter or some sort of supernatural pack, I've been looking forward to it since the original game was released. I would love it if EA releases a university pack too, but I think they would make it since so many people are demanding it.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Please terrain tools and CAW
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I would love an entire pack dedicated to couples/dating. An advanced version of TS2 chemistry system (imagine sims being able to choose who THEY are attracted to and want to be with. Always loved that) online dating, maybe hosting "speed dating" more personalized and interesting interactions between couples. I'd also enjoy if they could incorporate a personal memory system too.

I guess I just wish for more things that make each sim feel "unique" and "different" from each other.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Do you think we will get witches soon? They knew we would vote them #1 in polls…Maybe they already worked on them
    I think we will get a Superstar/Heroes GP next. Like a new active career and people screaming at you for beeing famous.

I hope we get Witches before Univercity. So you can build your own Univercity and they already thought it through. The comercial be like:
    „Create your own campus!“
    *shows examples in trailer*
    „Be creative“
    *Shows an Hogwarts exampel*
    you will also be able to choose what Sims can study there. like magic or just sports, arts or economics etc.

My prediction:
    Free Update
    Celebreties/Superheroes GP
    Stuffpack Teenager Themed
    Stuffpack Pool themed

Witches GP
    Stuffpack Elders Themed
    Univercity GP
    Free Update (maybe concerning Babies)
    Univercity EP*
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I don’t know what is coming up, but I want tropical content and mermaids (after witches). Maybe a Generations pack that adds more to each stage.

I’ve never been into any of the University packs in past (besides a few B/B content and some CAS stuff), so if it comes, I hope there is something interesting for me.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • roguerogue Posts: 2 New Member
    I've read an article with a quote from one of the devs stating they will be working on content for a few more years, which is nice to hear. In terms of what is next I have my theories, it would be interesting to hear feedback.

I've noticed from the in-game TV channels, games and movies that they have created assets and animations exclusively for those mediums. There are zombie animations and skins for a movie, same thing for Medieval/fantasy game; spells included (akin to Sims Medieval)- and a host of other little things. This peaks my interest as it seems odd the team would focus time and money on assets for only a 10 second game loop or 1 minute movie. Taking a look at R.E.F.U.G.E. it seems very detailed to be just a simple loop.
    Before I purchased the Movie Night pack, I noticed there was a TV show depicting explorers in what could only be the Jungle expansion. Idk if that was put in before they had released the jungle pack. I'd like to know because I feel like it could give us a hint.
  • EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member

Hotels will most likely come with a Tropical Beach Pack as Resorts.

I think hotels will come as a GP
  • SinningSimmerSinningSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    > @JPsimmer said:
    > When I see the majority wishing for re-runs of previous EP's I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one here who would like something completely new?
    >
    > Things we've never had which I'd like to see in an EP or GP are:
    >
    > * Full on farming with animals, livestock, CHICKENS!!! (Harvest moon feels)
    > * Superheroes, supervillains, including comedic crime situations. XD
    > * Retail therapy - days out at a mega mall would be awesome.
    > * Family days out - Theme parks, zoos, sealife centers.
    > * Full on sports pack, hobby and competitive style.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And while not new ideas I really would like to see some vast improvements to existing features before seeing new packs. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they actually game in a pack:
    >
    > * Re-vamped AI and personalities
    > * Re-vamped social system- it's too cheery for me. You're supposed to be arguing, please don't hug immediately after.
    > * Better pool activites, interactive lakes/oceans.
    > * MOAR NPC. Burglars. Firefighters Strippers.
    >
    >
    > Then I'd be excited to see existing packs like University (including new teen models, too)

Family days out sounds amazing to me! Although all of your original ideas sound amazing as well! I hope all of these become a reality
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would love an entire pack dedicated to couples/dating. An advanced version of TS2 chemistry system (imagine sims being able to choose who THEY are attracted to and want to be with. Always loved that) online dating, maybe hosting "speed dating" more personalized and interesting interactions between couples. I'd also enjoy if they could incorporate a personal memory system too.

I guess I just wish for more things that make each sim feel "unique" and "different" from each other.

I want that to I want a romance pack so bad
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I think Farm Life is most likely, since Grant mentioned it on twitter. I WANT University. I have since 2014.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Thank you for all your answers, everyone, and sorry for not being online. I was on holidays!
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    I just want superheroes gp so badly... :/ It’s like the only ”occult”(could be an extra career as well) that could also be used in somewhat realistic sims game. I’m pretty sad if they make detailed game packs for other occults than witches/superheroes because it’s just a bunch of packs I’d only buy for b&b/cas. Vampires, werewolves and faeries won’t exist in my game, but at least as a kid I believed in magic and superheroes (thus I could see myself actually using them every once in a while).
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What do you think will be the next installment in the series? I'm thinking of a Farming GP and maybe a Supernatural one. I can't deny that I want a University EP though... Thank you for your comments, Simmers!

I'm not sure they'll do a farming or rural pack so soon after Seasons with the gardening overhaul. If they've got a supernatural pack planned, I'd like to see a reboot of Makin' Magic from the original Sims, plus enough options so players could mix and match to create their own supernaturals, whether it be witches, elves/fairies, werewolves, or what have you. That would be a new theme to many players who weren't around in the days of the original Sims.

The last two packs have been new takes on popular themes: Pets (Cats & Dogs) and Seasons. (Toss in the small animals with My First Pet, which if you overlook the content that's derivative from C&D and just focus on the pets themselves, really isn't that bad.) So I think the next pack will be some sort of new concept that most players would have never considered.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Potter1013 wrote: »
    I really want a Harry Potter or some sort of supernatural pack, I've been looking forward to it since the original game was released. I would love it if EA releases a university pack too, but I think they would make it since so many people are demanding it.

I'd like to see an education pack that would allow us to create our own schools, using an interface similar to the club system. You choose the school specialization and the activities based on your installed content (an athletic academy could include yoga, or a culinary academy include using the Dine Out chef station), then you get a list of potential students, you choose up to 8, and the game generates an NPC teacher to act as a mentor. Maybe you're a boy who likes to flirt and you choose all girls as your classmates. >:) Or vice versa for that matter. So if we got magic in an expansion pack you could have a mini-Hogwarts or other school of magic. If you have CL your sports school could have a basketball court. And alongside the customizable schools, add homeschooling and "study from home" CL-style options. Maybe even teens with good grades would be able to actually work the adult careers as an internship to get a head start on their career (maybe up to level 3) while making actual money; would be great for playing Teen in the City type storylines, and would be a way to really set apart teens from other age groups.

They could also include some improvements to weddings in the pack -- for example allow players to plan the actual wedding outfit rather than spinning into something generic. We've got some beautiful formal gowns that would be awesome wedding dresses; they could add veils and/or tiearas to the hat category. Men could go with the nice tuxes from the Holiday pack, or the colored ones we got in Seasons, or maybe the groom shows up in the ill-fitting suit from the Business career if you don't plan his outfit as well. Same-gender couples might show up in matching dresses or tuxes. Couples could automatically get a few days off work for a honeymoon, or just a chance to settle in and get the new household organized especially if there are children involved with the merged household.
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    To me, I don't care what the next one is. I want to see The Sims 5.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    When I see the majority wishing for re-runs of previous EP's I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one here who would like something completely new?

Things we've never had which I'd like to see in an EP or GP are:
    • Full on farming with animals, livestock, CHICKENS!!! (Harvest moon feels)
    • Superheroes, supervillains, including comedic crime situations. XD
    • Retail therapy - days out at a mega mall would be awesome.
    • Family days out - Theme parks, zoos, sealife centers.
    • Full on sports pack, hobby and competitive style.

And while not new ideas I really would like to see some vast improvements to existing features before seeing new packs. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they actually game in a pack:
    • Re-vamped AI and personalities
    • Re-vamped social system- it's too cheery for me. You're supposed to be arguing, please don't hug immediately after.
    • Better pool activites, interactive lakes/oceans.
    • MOAR NPC. Burglars. Firefighters Strippers.

Then I'd be excited to see existing packs like University (including new teen models, too)

Now that EA has the two "biggies" under the belt, I'm ready for a lot of the stuff that you've mentioned. Sports, shopping malls, and theme parks (carnivals) are all things that I would eventually like to see in a Sims game. Real sports, if possible. So that Sims could compete in some way.

Yet, the second half of your post is what I yearn for the most.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Yes also this would add more for Love Day in Seasons.