Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    Supernatural or University might be next. But I hope they do something different than they have for the other versions.

How about mixing these two into one EP? There could be an additional Harry Potter like university :smile:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2018
    Supernatural or University might be next. But I hope they do something different than they have for the other versions.

How about mixing these two into one EP? There could be an additional Harry Potter like university :smile:

That would be cool, although the only HP movies that I watched was the first one.. :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2018

No. As huge of an Occult Sim fan as I am (and if we had Witches and Weres, they and Vamps would dominate my saves), we need a normal University that all Sims can attend.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • TrickyKnowTrickyKnow Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm hoping for a Sims 4 University EP lol because I think it'll be really fun for all the simmers out there to play but I wonder if we can call them about adding next expansion and stuff pack lol
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we got an EDUCATION pack, you could make whatever type of school or college you want. Magic, private, all boys, all girls, university, etc.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Rock stars/Celebrity pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Since we have pets (well, dogs, cats & small rodents) and seasons, I'm thinking the next expansion will be University. I also think witches are in the works, but that they will likely be a game pack like Vampires.
  • Light511Light511 Posts: 16 Member
    No witches and university for 2018 they confirm that...
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I'm soooooo hoping for a university (or education in general) pack. It feels like such a huge part of the real world that it's insane not to have it expanded on properly in the game. Plus I think it would be a good money maker. I personally don't play with occult or other life states, so I'm kinda hoping they don't come out with another pack based on that soon (sorry :# ). Realistically, I doubt they will because the vampire pack was based Entirely on the life state so if they come out with new states then they'll probably be just a feature of a pack (like how aliens were a part of gtw)
  • Light511Light511 Posts: 16 Member
    Farming pack for november i think, we'll dont have witches and university for 2018
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, we've had our EP for this year. One of the upcoming packs will probably expand on Seasons. Like more seasonal clothes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • VariandranaVariandrana Posts: 24 Member
    I totally want a magic ep. Yes.
    Light511 wrote: »

Where did they confirm that? I missed it and would love to know, thanks!
  • jakenbakejakenbake Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Cabelle1863 said:
    > Light511 wrote: »
    >
    > No witches and university for 2018 they confirm that...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Where did they confirm that? I missed it and would love to know, thanks!

Same.

The reason why i'm curious, is because though the vampires pack is barely satisfactory for a supernatural addition. I have been waiting for the release of a magic ep since the start of The Sims 4, and now they have announced Sims 5 from what I understand.

If they don't release a Magic EP they will likely be letting down many fans, including myself. It'd be enough to persuade me into not investing in future installments of The Sims, and I have every ep for 3 & 4 so far. They have literally put every expansion pack into priority besides ones that fans have been looking forward to. Not saying that there isn't quality in what they have produced, but as someone who looks forward to a specific expansion pack, I feel my expectations as a fan are being pushed aside for things that are rather mundane and could be prioritized differently.

Seasons ep at this point shouldn't even be an expansion pack, neither should University. Those are normal everyday things in real life, so the fact that they keep producing those as such feels like they are trying to bleed those borish parts of the franchise dry. I can understand that making them provides time for a more polished future expansion packs. But they haven't made any indication that they want to create ones some of us have been looking forward to. With October coming, even a Witches stuff/game pack would be something to provide simmers with.

And if they release a Magic EP while in the middle of releasing a new Sims game, that would be more incentive to stop giving money to this company.
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Nothing new for The Sims 4 until they release all the current DLC's for the consoles first. That might take the end of the year before they even think about a new pack for The Sims 4.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    @stilljustme2, @marcel21, i guess since I have yet to go to college I just don't understand the excitement of it, haha! I played with university in TS3 only once and it was pretty... dull. Boring. Not much to do. Moved back to family gameplay in two hours. Maybe that'll change in a few years when i actually experience college in real life.

For many younIg people, university is their first time away from home and their parents control. There are also often expanded job opportunities with university -- many careers these days require a university degree unless you're doing something like driving a bus (my husband's career before he retired) or manual labor. Even clerical work which I did before my retirement sometimes requires a degree, while when I started they just wanted people who could type accurately and relatively fast. Times do change....

I'd like to see a University pack that doesn't put so much emphasis on the party aspect and more on the actual education. A combination of rabbit hole classes and study outside the classroom (using a form of the work from home careers in CL) could provide a more fulfilling experience. That doesn't mean that it's going to be a grindfest -- there should be plenty of extracurricular activity. With the world structure of Sims 4, you could have Sims who commute to college from their home world (choose to travel with them or send them on their own similar to the GTW structure) -- good for older Sims who might be going for a career change or to get a promotion. Or you could move your entire household to the University world, so you're focusing on your entire household not just one lone Sim.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Brindleton wrote: »
    So University is officially out of the picture for at least another year.

I'd say based on the hints we have that it's a farming EP.

I don't see a farming pack this close to the gardening overhaul in Seasons. Since actual plant farming won't be a major focus (though I'd like plants like oats, corn and wheat) they'll have to figure out the main gameplay feature.

Chances are, since we've gotten two old favorites in a row (Pets/Seasons), it's going to be something no one expects, either something new or a new take on an old theme.
    Light511 wrote: »

I hope that they don't leave witches for the last pack like they did with Sims 2. Or better yet, I want a modern reboot of Makin' Magic where any Sim can learn magic if they study hard enough.
    I haven't had any luck finding where it was confirmed that there will be no witches or university for 2018. Does anyone happen to know a link they could share?
    I haven't had any luck finding where it was confirmed that there will be no witches or university for 2018. Does anyone happen to know a link they could share?

That has never been confirmed which is why you can't find it. And There is no truth to the rumor that they are thinking about, much less working on, a Sims 5 version. All there is is an ad for jobs to work on a new release. That does not mean S5.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2018

There are tweets from Sim Guru Grant about witches and university responding to questions posed by twitterers. I'm not on Twitter, but Simgirl1010 has been working very hard to update the gurus' tweets for everyone.

Some tweets regarding witches and university can be found on page 11 of this thread in General Discussion: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943598/simguru-sims-4-tweets#latest

Edit: I want to say I think his responses are cryptic. They don't necessarily mean a definite "no" or "yes" to me.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Idontrcall wrote: »

There are tweets from Sim Guru Grant about witches and university responding to questions posed by twitterers. I'm not on Twitter, but Simgirl1010 has been working very hard to update the gurus' tweets for everyone.

Some tweets regarding witches and university can be found on page 11 of this thread in General Discussion: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943598/simguru-sims-4-tweets#latest

Edit: I want to say I think his responses are cryptic. They don't necessarily mean a definite "no" or "yes" to me.

Thanks! :) I remember seeing those, and I agree that they seem cryptic and not a definite no or yes. When it's something that can't or won't be done, SimGuru Grant has been pretty clear in his responses. Otherwise, he keeps them vague and loves to tease us.
    I have a list of EP's that I want to see made, so, as long as it's on my list, I don't care which one is first, as long as I get them all. In no particular order:

1. A remake of Makin' Magic
    2. A remake of Superstar
    3. Farms
    4. A beach world
    5. An Alpine world
    6. Education pack
  • kmaargkmaarg Posts: 1 New Member
    I think a university or school theme would work or maybe even cars as a second pick. For example, adult accompanying a teen for practice driving and use of garage like before with people driving themselves to work or other places.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited September 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, we've had our EP for this year. One of the upcoming packs will probably expand on Seasons. Like more seasonal clothes.

We could get a second expansion pack.The whole schedule thing is over?