Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia Players Mafia - Night 1, Page 12

Comments

• Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    What has happened that you're so strict with the PM thing? :o I honestly have never seen that before.

It's generally not allowed to post PMs, but in this setup, it would even be more unfair. If everyone posted their PMs, you could nitpick whether one's PM seems authentic enough.

"This one is different from Iceman's usual style of writing, so you must be lying"

"The punctuation and phrasing seem about right"

If this were to happen, it would go against the spirit of the game

Oh I see. I thought maybe something like this has happened before so you keep it strict :)

It definitely has happened before. Rules generally are only made when loopholes are found and people ruin games because "nobody technically said I couldn't"

For something like posting role Pm, yeah, it's pretty rubbish when someone comes up and claims and say there's a counter claim, the person who posts their PM will obviously be believed and actually, ANY claim will be believed if the role PM is posted because that's ultimate proof. But I think generally speaking there should always be that opportunity for doubt.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    By the way, does Wednesday mean 'The game starts at midnight on Wednesday morning' or 'Sign Ups are open until the end of Wednesday'
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    @the_greenplumbob Pretty sure the game starts Wed. morning
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    I'll be at school while the game is going on...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    @the_greenplumbob Pretty sure the game starts Wed. morning

• Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    What has happened that you're so strict with the PM thing? :o I honestly have never seen that before.

It's generally not allowed to post PMs, but in this setup, it would even be more unfair. If everyone posted their PMs, you could nitpick whether one's PM seems authentic enough.

"This one is different from Iceman's usual style of writing, so you must be lying"

Oh I see. I thought maybe something like this has happened before so you keep it strict :)

It definitely has happened before. Rules generally are only made when loopholes are found and people ruin games because "nobody technically said I couldn't"

For something like posting role Pm, yeah, it's pretty rubbish when someone comes up and claims and say there's a counter claim, the person who posts their PM will obviously be believed and actually, ANY claim will be believed if the role PM is posted because that's ultimate proof. But I think generally speaking there should always be that opportunity for doubt.

It's no fun when it happens! :confounded: I was killed once as mafia because of something like that, but I'm like 80% over it... 75%
    unknown.png
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited June 2018
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I'll play!

Welcome to mafia! We have cookies and a gift shop.

Ill have a chocolate chip cookie and a jar of Dekay's tears please. XD

Coming right up! Today we’re having a special. One jar of Dekays tears buys you some limited edition Shady shades!

Perfect. :) --> B)
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

It's no fun when it happens! :confounded: I was killed once as mafia because of something like that, but I'm like 80% over it... 75%

Was it that mass claim thing? :grimace:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    DeKay wrote: »

Maybe.

I don't know if I would've won, but people arguing that mafia has 'counters' to it was incredibly obnoxious. I don't know what they expected.
    Post edited by Zinniavanilla on
    unknown.png
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

I don't know if I would've won, but people arguing that mafia has 'counters' to it was incredibly obnoxious. I don't know what they expected.

I think you would have won cuz no one was suspecting you and everyone was suspecting some other people.
    Yeah, the counters thing was dumb. I was like, "PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE."
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

I think you would have won cuz no one was suspecting you and everyone was suspecting some other people.
    Yeah, the counters thing was dumb. I was like, "PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE."

You- you just have to learn how to hypnotize people through a screen.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

Yes. :D And also could be cuz I told you to be the first to bus me so no one would suspect a thing. :dizzy:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

Yes. :D And also could be cuz I told you to be the first to bus me so no one would suspect a thing. :dizzy:

Right. It was a cheap way to win. They could've done it back at the start and not wasted my time thinking I actually had a chance.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

Right. It was a cheap way to win. They could've done it back at the start and not wasted my time thinking I actually had a chance.

That sounds mean. I had fun, don't get me wrong. But had I known people were willing to take advantage of rules like that I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up, I'm fine with playing games that aren't completely balanced as long as I know, if that makes any sense :confounded:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Bahaha. Maybe.

That sounds mean. I had fun, don't get me wrong. But had I known people were willing to take advantage of rules like that I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up, I'm fine with playing games that aren't completely balanced as long as I know, if that makes any sense :confounded:

I know, right? :D It's like, "Hey, next time for open setups, let's just tell our characters/roles from the start. Anyone who is lying would be caught."
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

I know, right? :D It's like, "Hey, next time for open setups, let's just tell our characters/roles from the start. Anyone who is lying would be caught."

Perhaps it's been too long too still be salty about this, bahaha. At least I'm not the only one.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Bahaha. Maybe.

Perhaps it's been too long too still be salty about this, bahaha. At least I'm not the only one.

Hahaha, good to know I'm not the only one too. XD The salt is real.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Game starts in 20 minutes :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

Weeeee.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I'm excited. But part of me wants to die early so I can see all the roles in afterlife.

This is not an invitation to kill me though, please don't.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    I'm excited. But part of me wants to die early so I can see all the roles in afterlife.

This is not an invitation to kill me though, please don't.

Haha.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

30 min later the game has not started yet. XD
  • Options
    So, has it started?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    So impatient. :lol:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    So, has it started?

I dont care either way cause its late and im going to bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top