Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is sims 4 gong to run longer than the usual 5 years ?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    With the recent news of more budget cuts (makes you wonder what budget is there left to cut from to begin with) and lay offs, I doubt it.

They highly give (at least) me the impression they want to 'milk' Sims 4 by squeezing out some requested half baked packs asap and just move on to mobile.

Well.. good luck with that. EA does EA.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It's possible we see a handful of new packs for the rest of TS4 and that's it. The recent lay-offs, budget-cuts, and moving of devs to Sims Mobile tells me that EA doesn't have much use or interest in the PC side of the franchise. I don't personally understand it, I doubt anyone on this board does. They make so much money from these games and frankly I see no reason for them to shut down production - alas, EA is greedy. That's been made clear by the blunder that was Star Wars. They have always had horrific business practices. Though I don't understand it, it doesn't surprise me.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The while mobile gaming industry is in a very sad sad situation. Players are unwilling to pay for mobile games and developers have no choice but to churn out click zombie games for mindless players to click their brains away and hope that some of them are stupid enough to pay for such experience ! Shame !
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Given the circumstances, I predict a few more rushed packs and TS4 team closing down for good at the beginning of next year if not earlier.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Of course not, they will end the sims 4 pc version, and focus on mobile, because i think they really want to kill the sims franshise, so what better way to do that? In mobiles the sims will become a boring game and will be forgotten. I'm so upset, you have no idea, put in charge people who really understand about games please.

They've had a sims mobile around for a long time - as they have Sims mobile - Sims mobile 3, Sims Freeplay and we're still here (so far anyway). Sims 3 mobile did not kill sims 3 and none of the other sims mobiles have bothered us yet - why on earth would Sims 4 mobile affect us I wonder seeing they get their sims mobile ideas off of the pc players? Although - the mobiles make a lot of money for EA.

Maybe we get too loud in our criticism though - they do call simmers the "Most passionate" gamers - maybe people going angry over the Small pet pack was just too much? But I wonder - with out the series - mobile ideas will run dry sooner or later....

The difference is that this time they are focus more on mobile than in pc version. The sims mobile is alive because in my opinion we have a pc version the keep this franshise alive, with a huge community and modders that keep everything on track, if they end the pc version, the sim will be only a simple mobile phone like all the others you see for download, play a few minutes for day and that's it, until you get tired of it.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    It's possible we see a handful of new packs for the rest of TS4 and that's it. The recent lay-offs, budget-cuts, and moving of devs to Sims Mobile tells me that EA doesn't have much use or interest in the PC side of the franchise. I don't personally understand it, I doubt anyone on this board does. They make so much money from these games and frankly I see no reason for them to shut down production - alas, EA is greedy. That's been made clear by the blunder that was Star Wars. They have always had horrific business practices. Though I don't understand it, it doesn't surprise me.

So why they can't sell the idea of the sims to another companie (?), some that really want to continue this franshise and make it sucessfull, they are so dumbh, they have all that its needed to be a sucessfull game, they already have a name, a huge community that love this game and doesn't mind to spend money on it....... omg human are do stpid, no wonder why aliens don't want to show.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Of course not, they will end the sims 4 pc version, and focus on mobile, because i think they really want to kill the sims franshise, so what better way to do that? In mobiles the sims will become a boring game and will be forgotten. I'm so upset, you have no idea, put in charge people who really understand about games please.

They've had a sims mobile around for a long time - as they have Sims mobile - Sims mobile 3, Sims Freeplay and we're still here (so far anyway). Sims 3 mobile did not kill sims 3 and none of the other sims mobiles have bothered us yet - why on earth would Sims 4 mobile affect us I wonder seeing they get their sims mobile ideas off of the pc players? Although - the mobiles make a lot of money for EA.

Maybe we get too loud in our criticism though - they do call simmers the "Most passionate" gamers - maybe people going angry over the Small pet pack was just too much? But I wonder - with out the series - mobile ideas will run dry sooner or later....

No. Just no. Don’t blame the players for expressing their opinion that a poor pack was in fact a poor pack. Don’t blame the community for actually calling out their BS and recognising a cash grab?

Devs take feedback all the time. It’s part of their job and If they can’t stand the heat, get out the kitchen. There are many, many more communities out there with passionate fans that make this place look like Disney land.

But the thing is that awful pack was not the devs fault, they made it as told irrespective of their personal feelings on it.

I really don’t think it’s fair to even hint that recent events have been down to people not letting the wool being pulled over their eyes. People who didn’t like it spoke out because they care for the franchise not to destroy it. The writing is on the wall for the sims 4 and it’s not the fault of the fans, look to the people holding the cards.

Simmers are passionate but the powers that be have zero respect for their fan base judging by that stunt. Very few other communities would have accepted such a move and they know it.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I am playing the mobile version and god is it boring!

100% agree!

I agree as well, EA has no idea what there doing. Mobile games are good on the first few months of release then die down, its good as a side project but the point of the sims is to build your own house and tell stories not click away at daily task.
    It is all about money as you can read on http://nordic.businessinsider.com/mobile-games-more-money-than-console-pc-chart-2017-6?r=US&IR=T
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    With the recent news I think when they said budget cuts they are talking about their human resources. Its one of the things included in the budget. EA is a multi-billon Company so its not a probelm for them. I also recall that before this news pops up there are tons of job openings at Maxis. Perhaps they replaced their employees? idk, but yeah only time will tell.
  • Options
    The budget costs aren’t about the Sims 4 doing badly according to http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/

But the Sims Mobile and the console version of Sims 4 are mainly made by Maxis in Finland. So when EA reduces the budget for Maxis in Redwood and sacks some long time developers it tells me that EA now likely plans to stop making EPs at all because the cheap-to-make SPs and GPs sell better. EPs are much more expensive to make than SPs are because they need more developers. But now EA seems to have made a partnership/deal with the huge fashion company ASOS about making SPs which fashion from ASOS and ASOS is likely paying for this. But the SPs need fewer developers than the big EPs did.

My guess also is that TS4’s time will end in about one year and that TS5 won’t get any EPs at all. Therefore EA can afford to sack a few developers.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Yes I think this will last longer, since there are rumours that there is no Sims5 being developed. I think there will be more packs for Sims 4
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Yes I think this will last longer, since there are rumours that there is no Sims5 being developed. I think there will be more packs for Sims 4
    What wonders me is that nobody has asked EA’s CEO if TS4 will be the last big Sims game and if TS4 will end soon? He is the only one who likely would answer such a question. But not even the big game magazines have been interested in what he would answer. So people just don’t seem to care!?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

This is what the new rumours are making me think too. I don't give the speculation a whole lot of credence but where there's smoke there's fire.
    They are making money here .. it will continue. That means more packs for this iteration. They are already all in for this game. It wouldn't make financial sense to dump it. While I'm sure the sims series in general won't end with Sims 4 .. it's definitely gone on a different track.
    No clue when the next game will be produced, personally I'm happy about that and would hope for a reboot when it does come about as some have mentioned. They are at an impasse where they can't please all simmers. There is no reason to try.. that's a formula for failure.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Too loud? Not loud enough as far as I’m concerned. A lot of people bought that pack. We are passionate for a reason and that reason lies in the past. And the criticism stems from the fact they’ve taken us and our passion for granted.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Or a Sims 4 for much longer.

With more and more lack of content. Until TS4 become forgotten.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Sims console and Sims mobile live from Sims 4, Sims console and Sims mobile are both rather new, Its much to early to cut the cord. without the risk of them dying as well. I feel the Sims PC iteration will live on and on and on, Well at least as long as EA and Maxis.
    Worry not all is going according to plan?... B)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    @davina1221 the Sims 3 Store was only about stuff...Here SPs are very tempting because they are so cheap...GPs are also much easier for many simmers to afford...only one EP each year but is trying to put the gameplay from the missing EPs into both SPs and GPs instead...I understand of course that simmers who like me just want more gameplay and don’t care much about stuff feel that TS4 still is empty compared to TS2 and TS3...But almost all simmers buy all the SPs too anyway. So they have voted with their wallets for stuff instead of gameplay - and this kind of voting is of course the only one that EA cares about. So I don’t think that it will change. EPs are not the future for Sims games. SPs and GPs are - no matter if we like it or not.

I agree with you on the rest, but I don't agree that S3 store was about stuff. It added more worlds than the EPs did. Basketball, toddler skills via playpen/walker ect., and many other skill type stuff was added. Some farming including the tractor with tracks was added. The gambling machines and many other things were added. I didn't like it when there was plain stuff or things we had 20 of except for the toddler riders. I had those things all over my yards and parks. Don't know why, but I just loved those things...........Personally, I hope you are wrong about the EPs. Those are my favorites. I'm not a builder, although I always change the houses my sims move into, but some stuff is really great. :)

aricarai wrote: »
    I'd like to see what EA could do with The Sims 5, at the same time, I'm kind of nervous about it. Being on twitter has made me realise that I don't play or want the same things out of The Sims as a lot of others do, which is fine - don't get me wrong - but there's meant to be a multiplayer mod released in May and PEOPLE.ARE.LOSING.THEIR.MINDS.OVER.IT. I'm afraid that if that's successful (not taking away from the hard work that a modder has put in), EA may run with something like that for the next iteration, which will most likely kill the franchise for me (though, I will still have the older games).
    The game is mainly targeted at young new simmers because EA believes that they are the way biggest group of simmers and they like to play with their friends. So multiplayer is probably something that we can’t avoid completely. But I think that EA also know that a lot of simmers want to be able to play offline. Therefore I would guess that EA most likely also will give TS5 an offline mode even if it also should get an online mode.
    @davina1221 I personally never used the Sims 3 Store anyway and if it had been successful then EA would also have had a Sims 4 Store. But the Sims 3 Store was only about stuff and so was the Sims 3 SPs while the Sims 4 SPs also have new gameplay and not just stuff.
    My expectations for TS5 aren’t great either. But my problem is more that stuff sell way too well and that too many simmers seem to prefer to mainly only build, make sims and decorate and don’t use live mode very much while live mode is the only thing I really care about. For EA it is way cheaper to just make stuff instead of making very deep gameplay. So when so many simmers use stuff more than they use live mode then I alas don’t expect TS5 to really have more gameplay than TS4 has.

I didn't know about the multiplayer thing. I might like to try that from time to time, but I would mostly play by myself....I do like to fix the houses and sims, but when that is finished, it is pretty much about gameplay for me. Putting S4 online probably made the game more stable as it is easier/faster to save & to get on/off the game as well as get updates. I'm hoping that this means they will add more to the S4 for a real long time to flesh out the game and make it worth what we have already put into it. If they cancelled anytime soon, I wouldn't follow to S5 more than likely. I don't want to throw money away online and then get a game that is abandoned and not complete. What I would like is for S4 to keep going for 5+ years. During this time the S5 team could make a game that runs on a better computer and has open world. I did use CASt often, but I can do without it more than open hoods/world. :)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

5 years + of course easy.

Just keep looking at the top of the page by the link address, as long as it doesn't turn to Sims Mobile forums, We are still good. :o;)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor