Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Quarter Teaser?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

"Great stuff" ? It confirms a big Car Patch :p

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    They better hurry up and give us some solid information because all that waiting is getting really boring.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I like it better this way. Having an announcement in April then waiting 2-3 months for the content to release was a bit maddening, for me, because I was unable to completely focus on my game while waiting for said content. I like how MFP was announced and then Bam! We had it. I have more than enough to keep me busy in game so I actually prefer not knowing until it's closer to release time.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    TS4 was released 4 years ago ... Let the show begin :) !

Previously

TS3 become interesting at the 3rd anniversary with the 3 EPs released in 2012 and 2013.
    TS2 become interesting at the 2nd anniversary with the first Stuff Packs released in 2006.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    :( I always looked forward to the teasers. Now I feel like we've been left even further in the dark.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With Drake leaving, they may be taking the opportunity to reorganize things, so it might take a while before we hear about the next quarter.

Drake is leaving? wow I wonder why, I am sad she is going, I like her different hair colors, :)

SimGuruDrake left last month to take a job at another gaming company in the eastern part of the country. North Carolina, maybe?? Here's a link to her goodbye thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935588/its-not-goodbye/p1

I just read that page earlier, but thank you kindly for the info, I will miss her, she was a wonderful person , in my opinion.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I always look forward to the teasers. I hope they return next quarter.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hello all,

This quarter we will not be releasing a teaser.

Although, there will not be a new Sims Quarterly Teaser, stay tuned as we have some exciting news to share with you soon. The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

Thank you for your patience and keep an eye on the forums and other official Sims channels for more info as it becomes available.
    Would you label My First Pet as "great stuff"??? this answer is very important to me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Although, there will not be a new Sims Quarterly Teaser, stay tuned as we have some exciting news to share with you soon. The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

Thank you for your patience and keep an eye on the forums and other official Sims channels for more info as it becomes available.
    Would you label My First Pet as "great stuff"??? this answer is very important to me.

Everything is great and exciting and amazing according to the devs etc.

They aren't going to say they don't like the stuff they make, part of their job is also to engage with the community and to sell the packs. (at least the SimGurus who choose to engage with the community aren't going to put down their own work).

'Great and exciting' is nothing to go by with this game, for all we know it could be My Second Pet stuff.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hello all,

They aren't going to say they don't like the stuff they make, part of their job is also to engage with the community and to sell the packs. (at least the SimGurus who choose to engage with the community aren't going to put down their own work).

'Great and exciting' is nothing to go by with this game, for all we know it could be My Second Pet stuff.

I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a thing that could possibly excite me about this game now.

Them labeling everything as so amazing and uber interesting has a lot to do with that. I've conditioned myself to never expect anything for my own good. Why get excited for nothing? C&D seemed exciting until it came out. Everything's always exciting until we actually get to play it.

I don't think it's a good strategy on their part to spend weeks telling us "omg guys we've got amazing news you just wait!" before they even disclose anything. Baffling how they haven't noticed yet the more hype they build around the thing, the worse reaction they get.

Just drop the info and go. It's really not that hard.

Why act like a new thing coming is some kind of world-wide holiday? It's just another DLC that we deserve to know about.

Not gonna miss the quarterly teasers though, they were extremely poorly made IMO i'd rather get teaser pictures or a simple tweet from one of the gurus about what's coming.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @rudy8292 wrote: »

According to the players, everything is awesome or amazing :p

Not everybody but there is always somebody who said that. Just it's a matter of point of view.

For example, some people think the toddlers are awesome, it's not my opinion.

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a thing that could possibly excite me about this game now.

Them labeling everything as so amazing and uber interesting has a lot to do with that. I've conditioned myself to never expect anything for my own good. Why get excited for nothing? C&D seemed exciting until it came out. Everything's always exciting until we actually get to play it.

I don't think it's a good strategy on their part to spend weeks telling us "omg guys we've got amazing news you just wait!" before they even disclose anything. Baffling how they haven't noticed yet the more hype they build around the thing, the worse reaction they get.

Just drop the info and go. It's really not that hard.

Why act like a new thing coming is some kind of world-wide holiday? It's just another DLC that we deserve to know about.

Not gonna miss the quarterly teasers though, they were extremely poorly made IMO i'd rather get teaser pictures or a simple tweet from one of the gurus about what's coming.

To me that is also a huge factor in why the packs aren't that good. They always gives us false expectations, hyping the community which can only lead to a bad reception when the pack is released. Like with Cats & Dogs they told us that the pets are super in-depth so that it was okay to include only those two. But then when the pack came out it wasn't as good as they told us.
    So I really agree with that they should just drop the info and let us decide for ourselves. We're going to find out either way if a pack sucks by watching reviews and looking at the information ourselves. They're just always giving us false hope and that really makes me distrust them. I used to be all hyped for every pack, but lately they really ruined that.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2018
    >:)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With Drake leaving, they may be taking the opportunity to reorganize things, so it might take a while before we hear about the next quarter.

Drake is leaving? wow I wonder why, I am sad she is going, I like her different hair colors, :)

SimGuruDrake left last month to take a job at another gaming company in the eastern part of the country. North Carolina, maybe?? Here's a link to her goodbye thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935588/its-not-goodbye/p1

I just read that page earlier, but thank you kindly for the info, I will miss her, she was a wonderful person , in my opinion.

She just set a record wth Ninja playing Fortnite so seems to have gone to better things. >:)
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    @rudy8292 wrote: »

According to the players, everything is awesome or amazing :p

Not everybody but there is always somebody who said that. Just it's a matter of point of view.

For example, some people think the toddlers are awesome, it's not my opinion.

I wouldn't go as far as awesome, there are somethings that are done better and a lot of things that are missing. For example and this is just my opinion but cats and dogs; The mechanic's were done better the cats and dogs feel a lot better in sims 4 but there are barley any objects or anything to do with the pets. There is also only cats and dogs. The EP as a whole was lacking but I do feel like the cats and dogs were done well. The problem is you can have amazing cats and dogs but if you don't have things for them to do how can you show them off. If they had added robbers and your dog was territorial you'd see a difference with your dog from another. If we had pet shows and your cat who was spoiled and didn't listen to your sim commands you'd see the difference. They need to find a balance with game-play and mechanic. It seems that through out sims 4 there only focusing on mechanic and not game-play. I find myself always finding out something cool about the sims 4 but when I say oh what can I do with this the answer is earthier I get a buff or nothing. That's why I believe the vampire GP did so well, you weren't just a vampire with a buff you had to basically change the way your sims would live and there were pros and cons to being a vampire and a reason to become a better vampire. It wasn't like oh if you go in the sunlight you only get a uncomfortable buff, it was more like you're sim will die if you don't have the ability to.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    My suspicions are, they drop another Stuff pack the first week of April, PLUS update the Sims Mobile, PLUS make another EXISTING expansion pack compatible with console.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I don't care whether they advertise something or not. Whatever they'll come up with next,
    I hope it INCLUDE the long awaited SLOW-DANCE *fCs*
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I don't care whether they advertise something or not. Whatever they'll come up with next,

I can see them making a $10 Dancing Stuff Pack with Sims finally holding each other to dance. :'(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

I can see them making a $10 Dancing Stuff Pack with Sims finally holding each other to dance. :'(

I would be ok with that if it was well done
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me. What else is new. We should be used to the EA selling methods by now.
    What has once been free or standards now the customer is liable to pay *rolleyes*

"IF"
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Yeah

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me. What else is new. We should be used to the EA selling methods by now.
    What has once been free or standards now the customer is liable to pay *rolleyes*

"IF"

New dance require new animations and that require at least a gamepack
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Yeah

"IF"

New dance require new animations and that require at least a gamepack

This. I was so dissapointed when they announced fitness stuff and it just full of recycled animations, especially the dance workout.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2018
    There was a rumour about in 2016 that EA were working on a VR game but it probably would be too early for a Sims game? The suggestion was then that Burnout was the one. There was an advert which I saw which in 2016 asked for.....
    "A new job solicitation posted on the Electronic Arts website is advertising, “an exciting opportunity for a short term contract Quality Analyst position to work on a yet to be announced VR title.”

Qualified candidates, “will be responsible for identifying and reporting software defects, assisting with establishment of strong VR testing guidelines, writing and running test coverage and verifying fixes.”"

If anything was done with Sims games it would probably only be for the X Box x 1.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited April 2018

do yall remember when devs said it was really hard to make the pools and ghosts.....heeheheheh
    i get all giggly every time i remember of this statement...
    my hopes are really really low....
    Post edited by princess_kaguya on
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

do yall remember when devs said it was really hard to make the pools and ghosts.....heeheheheh
    i get all giggly every time i remember of this statement...
    my hopes are really really low....

Only a few months later after initial release pools and ghosts came right? Well they said it was hard, but then oh look they made it happen. Though the ghosts still need more tuning.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    With TS4 players, it's basically everything is either missing, not fleshed out well enough, or gamebreaking. For me, it's mostly the middle part.