Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Quarter Teaser?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello all,

This quarter we will not be releasing a teaser.

Although, there will not be a new Sims Quarterly Teaser, stay tuned as we have some exciting news to share with you soon. The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

Thank you for your patience and keep an eye on the forums and other official Sims channels for more info as it becomes available.

Well.. that's disappointing to say the least...

we all know what ''soon'' means in EA's book, so eeh.. it better be real soon this time.

• simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello all,

Although, there will not be a new Sims Quarterly Teaser, stay tuned as we have some exciting news to share with you soon. The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

Thank you for your patience and keep an eye on the forums and other official Sims channels for more info as it becomes available.

So... MAGE & WITCHES IS COMING? :smile:
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, I'm glad we found out sooner rather than later, so thank you for letting us know. :) It does raise more questions, though. Does this mean we aren't getting any content at all next quarter, or just no paid content next quarter but maybe a nice free update to the base game (since free content isn't included in teasers), or do we just not get a preview of what's coming.

Funny, just this morning I was wishing for something to happen to liven up the Speculation and Rumor section. I think this might do it. :D

ETA: April Fool's joke, maybe??
    edited March 2018
    Well, I'm glad we found out sooner rather than later, so thank you for letting us know. :) It does raise more questions, though. Does this mean we aren't getting any content at all next quarter, or just no paid content next quarter but maybe a nice free update to the base game (since free content isn't included in teasers), or do we just not get a preview of what's coming.

Funny, just this morning I was wishing for something to happen to liven up the Speculation and Rumor section. I think this might do it. :D

Maybe the next (and ONLY in the next quarter) pack will be (Seasons) the next Expansion. I don't think they want to ruin the surprise by releasing a teaser for the Expansion before it has been announced.

My guess is they will announce the next EP in April with a normal trailer and blog etc, have a few months of marketing and hands on at EA Play in June and then release by the end of june.

That's the only thing I can think of why they aren't releasing a teaser now.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Maybe the next (and ONLY in the next quarter) pack will be (Seasons) the next Expansion. I don't think they want to ruin the surprise by releasing a trailer for the Expansion before it has been announced.

My guess is they will announce the next EP in April with a normal trailer and blog etc, have a few months of marketing and hands on at EA Play in June and then release by the end of june.

That does make sense. I thought it would be odd not release something since they're going to be at EA Play. I would be satisfied if the only thing we get is Seasons. It's been a long time coming and it would be worth it to me if that's all we get.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I hope this "soon" is something on new next week.
    edited March 2018

Maybe the next (and ONLY in the next quarter) pack will be (Seasons) the next Expansion. I don't think they want to ruin the surprise by releasing a trailer for the Expansion before it has been announced.

That does make sense. I thought it would be odd not release something since they're going to be at EA Play. I would be satisfied if the only thing we get is Seasons. It's been a long time coming and it would be worth it to me if that's all we get.

Me too. Seasons is the only wish I still have. All the packs coming after that are ''extra'' to me.

I just like some variety and sense of time in my game. It's always such a pain waiting for Seasons to come back when they start with a new generation of the game.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Maybe the next (and ONLY in the next quarter) pack will be (Seasons) the next Expansion. I don't think they want to ruin the surprise by releasing a teaser for the Expansion before it has been announced.

I think so too. With C&D they did a quarterly teaser after the reveal trailer. Many were sad that C&D was the only thing we were getting. Now they just probably don't even bother doing a quarterly teaser, because we're only getting Seasons this quarter.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I am at a loss for words...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm not disappointed since it probably means that an EP that is yet to be announced (I think either Seasons or University) is coming this quarter. I think EA Play will be just to be able to play it, but the announcement will probably have already happened.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    Yikes. I wonder if that's in response to Drake leaving or in response to that unfortunate last stuff pack? If it's over Drake, it's baffling to me that one person could disrupt their entire marketing strategy. If it's in response to the way the last pack shipped out, then I'm concerned about what they are going to try to sell us next. I don't think it's a good sign when a company is suddenly less transparent.

Guys :lol: I don't think Drake created and edited the teasers herself... It's probably just something specific. Maybe free content in April or a full trailer dropping in april.. so no need for a teaser.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Sounds like they might drop something huge but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Sounds like they might drop something huge but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Yea I feel like they will too. I was thinking maybe a huge free update like create a world or weather, cars ect.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hopefully, whatever's happening next quarter will make up for My First Pet. After all, we didn't get a teaser for that until a week before it.

I doubt it's seasons coming. It might be a GP. Or it might not. Always hard to know.

This had better not be 'We hope you're excited that we did more porting' news though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am hoping that they are going to finally break their "one EP a year" trend this year and the reason they aren't releasing a teaser is because they are instead going to have a trailer drop for Seasons! One can hope!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    I think the next time we'll see something like that, we'll get some kind of Game Pack with pet shows in it.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With Drake leaving, they may be taking the opportunity to reorganize things, so it might take a while before we hear about the next quarter.

Drake is leaving? wow I wonder why, I am sad she is going, I like her different hair colors, :)
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    The good news: we’re working on some great stuff!

Man we've been hearing that since 2015.

On a more serious note, they're probably skimming over the quarterly teaser to promote their EA play or whatever it is and raise interest in it since people will have to look there if they want more info about upcoming features.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With Drake leaving, they may be taking the opportunity to reorganize things, so it might take a while before we hear about the next quarter.

Drake is leaving? wow I wonder why, I am sad she is going, I like her different hair colors, :)

SimGuruDrake left last month to take a job at another gaming company in the eastern part of the country. North Carolina, maybe?? Here's a link to her goodbye thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935588/its-not-goodbye/p1
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I believe that this month we will have an important update pro game and also the announcement of seasons, and then we will have from May until June with community blogs and trailers.
    I also believe that anything that will be announced will be in the second or third week of that month.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2018
    Trimoth wrote: »
    Such a huge step back in the wrong direction. First that dreadful hamster pack and now no teasers.

They have alway Taking huge step backs is the sims 4 :#
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Hello all,

Thanks for the info :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    Yikes. I wonder if that's in response to Drake leaving or in response to that unfortunate last stuff pack? If it's over Drake, it's baffling to me that one person could disrupt their entire marketing strategy. If it's in response to the way the last pack shipped out, then I'm concerned about what they are going to try to sell us next. I don't think it's a good sign when a company is suddenly less transparent.

Guys :lol: I don't think Drake created and edited the teasers herself... It's probably just something specific. Maybe free content in April or a full trailer dropping in april.. so no need for a teaser.

She might have coordinated them, though, between the developers and marketing. And with nobody in that position right now...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.