Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Hey guys 2 questions. Is it just me or are the small black stereos missing the Latin and Latin pop station and when could sims play the piano and sing at the same time?

Since CL came out, I am fairly sure. Sims can also sing with guitar, but I believe they could do that with OR. But in CL they can perform at the festivals singing and playing guitar or keyboard. In OR I believe it was just around the campfire kind of thing.

But I don't know about the small black stereos.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    This so cheating! But did you know that if you make it to a place with 3 excavation mounds and a golden chest, you can excavate all the mounds, get the exp and treasure, save it, exit to main menu, load the game again, and the mounds will be back! Keep doing that and you can max that skill quick. And get rich!
    I did it by accident. I excavated, then got attacked by spiders before I opened the chest. So I left and came back. I don't know if they would reappear if you open the chest too...
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I noticed after picking a lodging that two other premade families were in the other options, don't know if it was like that in GF but that was cool.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ...that is quite irksome. i think bb.enablefreebuild on the lot should help you fix that. and it should be reported, too, so they can see what's up with that

Thanks, but it doesn't work. I can't grab the berries at all.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @RedDestiny92 i noticed this in granite falls about a month ago, when my sim was invited to breakfast at the restaurant i placed there. not sure if it was a thing since outdoor retreat came out or was stealthily put in at some point after. for me, one of the funniest bits was seeing one of the game-created ghosts (for ghost night) was camping

also, @applefeather2 , hope this doesn't sound condescending or anything, because it's not meant to be...just covering all the bases. but, after you enabled the cheat, did you go into build mode? (that's what the cheat does. lets you enter build mode on lots that you normally can't). if you're not able to touch them even in build mode there, that's very, very weird and sounds like one version of the sixam mosquito plant from 'showhiddenobjects'. that thing isn't movable once placed, and even lasts through bulldozing or totally replacing the lot...

and, then to keep up with the thread theme: did you know that you can find the statue in front of the cantina in build mode (with bb.showhiddenobjects). it comes with 3 color options, but if placed in a home lot, it will not do anything about curses, let you honor it or anything. just 'view' and the archaeology skill 'study for historical significance'
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

also, @applefeather2 , hope this doesn't sound condescending or anything, because it's not meant to be...just covering all the bases. but, after you enabled the cheat, did you go into build mode? (that's what the cheat does. lets you enter build mode on lots that you normally can't). if you're not able to touch them even in build mode there, that's very, very weird and sounds like one version of the sixam mosquito plant from 'showhiddenobjects'. that thing isn't movable once placed, and even lasts through bulldozing or totally replacing the lot...

'

Oh, yes. I did go into build mode. Still no luck. It was as if they weren't there.

• Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    jNNDyCL.jpg

The type of crystal used can slightly alter the effect of the relic once complete. Rarer crystals tend to be the ones with more unique effects it seems.

QimBJO4.jpg

I'm not sure if this is for all the relics yet. I need to have my sim collect more crystals and she's been busy with artifact cleaning. This is the one I noticed it on though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know skeletons can take mud baths?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @kalaksed ah okay haven't spent much time in GF avoided like the plague after a glitch but recently went back thought it might have been there though. The afterlife can be trying ghosts have to relax too lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @katandmari i've been slowly working on trying similar (while also being distracted by other things, of course). the fact that you can clone refined crystals helps. so far, all i've managed to do was make every iteration of every relic with citrines as the gems. was going to do similar with another gem, next
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @Cheekybits I have the issue with the small base game stereo not playing the new stations as well, and I even tried upgrading them.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    If your pet gets sick cannot take them to vet on vacation.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can a ghost meet it's own skeleton? Just asking. :D
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »

I haven't played with pets much yet. There isn't a way to order medicine for them on the computer?
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Your Sim will gain gardening skill while clearing away brambles with his bare hands. Also, if your Sim has high gardening skill, the brambles will clear faster and without the sore hands moodlet.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Did you know the Omiscan's were visited by Aliens

28337205_10204573047563895_2696728536132227932_o.jpg?oh=73a97339dbc0e857cf961d9678c8741a&oe=5B04263A
  • Options
    To dispel a sadness curse Whoo.
  • Options
    katandmari wrote: »
    Rudiarose wrote: »

I haven't played with pets much yet. There isn't a way to order medicine for them on the computer?

Nope they stuck til you get home. But if your sim gets a regular sickness they can order meds.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Did you know skeletons can take mud baths?

Gotta put those cucumbers to work smoothing out those wrinkles :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Can a ghost meet it's own skeleton? Just asking. :D

A ghost can be blessed to become a ghost skeleton. Does that count?
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    katandmari wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is for all the relics yet.

Not even close.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    can someone tell me how i could get my own sims to learn the salsa dancing? its amazing and I want my sims to do it, but all they are doing is the old dances of yesteryear . Meanwhile the locals are dancing the Salsa :D

Yes hi. I commented earlier that Latin dances come with increase of cultural skill. Took my son until 4 cultural skill just to unlock one Latin dance. There are more, just haven't gotten there. Hope that helps
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018