Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Handy thing to have if you're attached to your sim. ;)
    DX5avptW4AQcGFT.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    finally managed to create a plantsim and send him to the jungle to see how they work there. mostly found that they were apparently forgotten about for the pack (though, really, i'm sure most players have forgotten they exist, too)

first thing i found, none of the new selvadoradan drinks recovered their water need. i expected that, because i don't believe most normal bar drinks do, either. but what i was really disappointed to see was that 'waterfall in a bottle' also didn't restore it. had to keep sending him to take showers in the public toilet area, or just had him bring a stack of water glasses into the jungle to survive until he got to the royal baths and the temple (thankfully, the temple seems to always have a pool. that helps, a lot)

another thing i noticed is that he never once got the uncomfortable moodlet from using his hands to clear away the vines. he started out with level 2 in gardening, by the time he cleared the last vine available (had five different gates open), he was up to gardening 8 and never got the moodlet, which surprised me. not going to say that plantsims can't get it, just that this one didn't. he also didn't have any special interactions, just the normal 'clear with hands' and 'clear with machete'

the most interesting things i found with him weren't even plantsim related, but guitar... he'd picked up a guitar on the way to the jungle, to keep himself entertained. and, playing there and in the cantina (with great accoustics) he'd reached level 8 guitar before his trip ended. it seems level 7 is when your sim learns to play all the latin music unlocked via the culture skill (though he was max culture before he reached this guitar level)

2a9a8b9311108e425c4a8e5a1956b967.png

the songs:
    346b7a4e5ec9e8da60714507eedda27f.png
    8fd6c03db58387d453285b988c78658c.png

and interestingly, while clicking the guitar when skeletons were around (even 'former' skeletons), i noticed a 'lull to sleep' option:
    7a713c75017f394f99706b67d54c60d6.png

only the sims with the skeleton names showed up under this option
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    finally managed to create a plantsim and send him to the jungle to see how they work there. mostly found that they were apparently forgotten about for the pack (though, really, i'm sure most players have forgotten they exist, too)

first thing i found, none of the new selvadoradan drinks recovered their water need. i expected that, because i don't believe most normal bar drinks do, either. but what i was really disappointed to see was that 'waterfall in a bottle' also didn't restore it. had to keep sending him to take showers in the public toilet area, or just had him bring a stack of water glasses into the jungle to survive until he got to the royal baths and the temple (thankfully, the temple seems to always have a pool. that helps, a lot)

another thing i noticed is that he never once got the uncomfortable moodlet from using his hands to clear away the vines. he started out with level 2 in gardening, by the time he cleared the last vine available (had five different gates open), he was up to gardening 8 and never got the moodlet, which surprised me. not going to say that plantsims can't get it, just that this one didn't. he also didn't have any special interactions, just the normal 'clear with hands' and 'clear with machete'

the most interesting things i found with him weren't even plantsim related, but guitar... he'd picked up a guitar on the way to the jungle, to keep himself entertained. and, playing there and in the cantina (with great accoustics) he'd reached level 8 guitar before his trip ended. it seems level 7 is when your sim learns to play all the latin music unlocked via the culture skill (though he was max culture before he reached this guitar level)

the songs:

and interestingly, while clicking the guitar when skeletons were around (even 'former' skeletons), i noticed a 'lull to sleep' option:

I think the green outdoor shower can be put in their inventories. and put up anywhere, that might help your plantsims water need??
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Did you know that you can learn a skeleton joke from the temple guardians, which gives a playful moodlet to the Sims who listen to it from this point forward? I discovered it the other day and it seemed hilarious!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    costa09 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    i would like to know where i can find the golden relics. I done a lots of temple exploration. My sim have archaeology and local culture maximized. i completed the Ancient Omiscan Artifacts Collection and i miss 2 plates for the Omiscan Treasures collection. I have my inventory full of base and top relics but are all wood relics. I completed a lots of those relics and tested all. Please someone can tell me where i can find the golden ones?

You have to complete the Jungle Explorer aspiration. When you do, you get the Treasure Hunter trait. That will allow you to obtain more relics, and at time more rare and valuable ones. I completed it tonight, and got a gold Balampalsoh Death Relic from one of the treasure chests in the temple.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    If you stay at the two lots near the trail head site and bring your cat, the cat will run through the jungle once you've cleared the bramble covered gates with your machete or hands. They may also join you inside the temple on occasion, so you might want to keep a litter box and a food bowl in your inventory.

Visit the vet in Brindleton Bay and pick up a handful of wellness treats before you leave for vacation. Kitty might get bit by a squirrel in the woo hoo bush in the jungle or randomly come down with something over night if you stay in the lots near the trail head. There is no known way to cure their illness while on vacation.

If you stay in one of the lots near the cantina, your cat will not travel into the jungle unless you choose to take them with you to the trail head lot or the temple. They will stay on the lot just like when you're out and about in your home world.

Did you know that if you have a fire while barbecuing, your Sim will automatically use the fire foam on themselves to put it out? I had that on my home lot while my Sim was cooking the other night.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    c36f1371d5849f1a566df25b772479b2.jpg
    Did you know the pets make excellent adventuring companions?

As @Ravager619 said: for dogs all you need is food bowls in your inventory, and for cats a litter box. All of which is also sold at Selvadoradan market. If your rental lot is on the same side as the Trailhead, they'll run around on their own as soon as you've macheted the road open. My dogs tended to go from one bush to another. In time the bushes were surrounded by feather piles and little gift boxes.

If your rental is on the other side, then they'll stay there unless you deliberately bring them along.

They do get squirrel scratch fever easily from that, so do bring wellness treats if none of your sims has vet skill. I just cheat-added the vet table in the rentals and treated them myself if they got sick.

782a5f726e6526e51092bc5dae6d775a.jpg
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

the songs:

I knew plant sims were in game but i never knew how to become one without cheating. I thought it was just an event.
    it was an event, but the items from it are still around. you do have to cheat to access them, though. or download them from the gallery. if you bb.showallhiddenobjects in build mode, you can find the stump and emotional beans that turn into a tree a sim can enter. entering the tree gets you a 'forbidden fruit of the plantsim' which can be eaten or planted to grow a tree. eating the fruit turns a sim into a plantsim for 5 days

and, there are more than a few rooms up on the gallery that have some of or all of those items (for example, i've got a 'plantsim basics' room that has the stump and all beans, and a perfect forbidden fruit and then a 'forbidden fruit' room that has 49 (not perfect) forbidden fruit, if somebody wants to keep a sim a plantsim for longer periods of time)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Did you know the volcano in Selvadarado can become active?
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    70cac9da84b47f7be37f3baba5447ad6.png
    Did you know that if you bring toddlers with you to the jungle, there's special butterflies that hover at their height for them to admire? The toddlers watch them, clap their hands and make happy sounds, and the butterflies fly near them for a bit, then return later again.

05469e0d905e198767002c52d809b47a.png
    Yes, the archeologist couple (she's off clearing the path) brought both their dogs and their toddler twins to the jungle, because families adventure together!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    So far, I've found that the wellness treats have cured my sim-pets from all and any illnesses they develop while on vacation. One of my cats had the glowing paws illness and a wellness treat sorted him out instantly. I always make sure that my sim has lots of them in her inventory.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I can't imagine bringing a toddler with, I'll have to try that. I bet its hard work though. what about the potty, can it be put in the inventories?? and can they use the water bottles??
  • Iesha03Iesha03 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where is the black bean Bush? I haven't found it yet.
    the black bean bush is in multiple locations. there are at least two on the side of the map with the cantina (one between the cantina and the smallest lot, the other to the right of the museum). i believe there's another next to the 'romantic' default lot on the other side of the map. and there's one deep in the jungle, in the royal gardens which are past the royal baths. i'm sure there are at least one or two other instances of the plant that i haven't paid attention since i already found it several times
  • GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I can't imagine bringing a toddler with, I'll have to try that. I bet its hard work though. what about the potty, can it be put in the inventories?? and can they use the water bottles??

Bringing a toddler is a nightmare, honestly. I really don't recommend it. Haven't tried using the water bottle, but due to the fact that you can only place certain objects, it's a huge pain. No high chairs, if you like using those, and if you don't have that portable bed, you're in trouble.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • BrightjessBrightjess Posts: 1 New Member
    This may be old news to some, but did you know you can drown at the royal baths if you try skinny dipping when your sim is super tired? It happened crazy fast as well. One minute he was happily skinny dipping with his lover next he was dead. It may be true with normal pools as well but I rarely play with them.

He was my first sims 4 non age related death and I've been playing since release.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I just found out that kids can excavate and get artifacts. It raises their mental skill. I hope I can get her to max mental before she ages up to see if she can start on archeology.
  • EleemosynaryEleemosynary Posts: 8 New Member
    I've noticed that lesser stereos also don't have New Age music. I think they're designed that way.

Did you know that the Rare-gemmed Balampalsol watcher relic for Blessing of Wealth, not only gives you 500 simoleans right away but also gives you a daily amount for weeks (forever?) afterwards... part of your daily royalties like books and licensed songs. Very nice! (Not sure about the lesser gems, why waste a Balampalsol wealth relic on a lesser gem?)
  • EleemosynaryEleemosynary Posts: 8 New Member
    When talking to Selvadoradans, asking about the ruins... they may say:

"One of the rumors going around is that there are relics that work as a combination key to open temple gates. That sounds preferable to activating the wrong trigger on a trap."

It does indeed sound preferable but i have no idea what relic does this. Does anyone have info on a relic that opens gates? All the relics that i know of just do things to you (or someone else) [Bala, Zaza and Tota with the 3 bases of Watcher, Death and Chaos].
    you can actually sacrifice one of those relics you mentioned to open a gate. it will destroy the relic but allow you to pass through without playing with traps. i've done it exactly once, just to test. since i prefer having my sims poke at traps and learn things...and maybe get hit in the neck by poison darts...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I'm working on assembling the relics now. Got my Carl's guide open in one window while I do so. :p What's making it a bit more difficult is I've not gotten around to collecting all the crystals but extracting the ones I do have is quite easy since my sim has now maxed the archaeology skill.
    just remember that if a sim has access to the cloning machine, you can clone the needed crystals. someone actively in the science career is more likely to have the cloning process succeed
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    I learned and I do not know if this is well-known or not, that you can host club gatherings on public lots in both Selvadorada and Granite Falls.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Could a sim get cursed or blessed by Madre Cosecha? I had one sim pay respect, and shortly after he showed a discomfort buff saying that he's freezing, but the weather was warm. Days after the vacation, he got the same freezing buff, but again, it wasn't cold or freezing. I thought maybe it was a new illness, but it wasn't. Fortunately, my last save was right before his vacation so I just exited the game. This time I avoided Madre Cosecha like the plague, and my sim was fine.
    In my previous save playing with jungle adventure, I think one of my sims got a blessing. He'd get $11 simoleons maybe once a week, but I can't recall if that was from a relic or Madre Cosecha?