Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Jungle Adventures

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many Latin dances there actually are and how to learn them. I maxed the cultural skill and only know one dance

There are atleast 2 that I know of.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know you can sometimes fish up machetes when you're fishing? My sim caught one.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Did you know some sim threw a party in the Temple? apparently they had no respect for temples or ancient ruins. they even left their stereo and a bar.....yes this was the top room of the Temple i just got to.

28514806_10204586862189252_9052876463929105236_o.jpg?oh=1abc20b9d470203c341314b6f940fd85&oe=5B027675
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Some of the skeletons have the last name 'Huseos'. Huesos is Spanish for bones.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »

Was Bonehilda once known as Hilda Huseos when she was alive?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    all of the skeletons have some sort of bone-pun as names, in various languages. i enjoy that even as it makes me groan
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    peoinee wrote: »
    Did you know some sim threw a party in the Temple? apparently they had no respect for temples or ancient ruins. they even left their stereo and a bar.....yes this was the top room of the Temple i just got to.

28514806_10204586862189252_9052876463929105236_o.jpg?oh=1abc20b9d470203c341314b6f940fd85&oe=5B027675

I imagine a bunch of teenagers partying it up one night and bailing at daybreak.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Sims with naturalist (in another word fireproof) trait will actually catch in fire and die when encountering fire traps in the temple. Don’t know if this was intended or not. Is the mysterious Omiscan have technology so powerful that will ignore the trait, or is it just that Maxis forgot about the trait when they did that unlike when they do in fitness stuff (naturalist sims won’t catch fire in fire challenge when doing rock climbing)?

This might be obvious, but a vampire cannot suck a skeleton’s plasma cuz there isn’t any currently (tho kinda weird that the plasma bats can and will attack vampires,considering they’re somehow the same stuff......).

And there’s a nice little detail: do u know that when activating the trap wrongly, sometimes a vampire can get a special tense moodlet? It says that: “fanged and frightened! Even a vampire can get startled almost out of their skin!” Haha so cute!
  • Options
    ZerakZerak Posts: 57 Member
    Did you know you can learn a skeleton joke from the temple guardians which you can then tell to other sims which gives them a playful +1 moodlet.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Airakale wrote: »
    Sims with naturalist (in another word fireproof) trait will actually catch in fire and die when encountering fire traps in the temple. Don’t know if this was intended or not. Is the mysterious Omiscan have technology so powerful that will ignore the trait, or is it just that Maxis forgot about the trait when they did that unlike when they do in fitness stuff (naturalist sims won’t catch fire in fire challenge when doing rock climbing)?

This might be obvious, but a vampire cannot suck a skeleton’s plasma cuz there isn’t any currently (tho kinda weird that the plasma bats can and will attack vampires,considering they’re somehow the same stuff......).

And there’s a nice little detail: do u know that when activating the trap wrongly, sometimes a vampire can get a special tense moodlet? It says that: “fanged and frightened! Even a vampire can get startled almost out of their skin!” Haha so cute!

The naturalist thing has to be a bug! @SimGuruNinja are you aware of the "naturalist" trait not protecting against fire in the temple?
  • Options
    Deathninja5551Deathninja5551 Posts: 7 New Member
    At the market place, you can click the objects on the table to buy them.
    Gee, that would've helped the last, I dunno, 2-3 spider attacks?
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I thought that all the rewards from chance cards were related to the new world, but I got a pink whale alien from answering one of the chance cards! It will be cool if it's not just a one time thing.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you set up an excavation site can you dig in that same spot forever or eventually will you stop finding stuff in it?

I have found 3-5 items before it disappears.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »

And their first names are derived from names for bones so you might have a skeleton called Ulna Huesos - Ulna is the name of one bones in your forearm. There are others I have come across as well.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've come across a Sans and a Yorick skeleton, as well as found some REALLY pretty locations.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Did you know that -

- a playable ghost can go thru the traps (or just thru the wall) to get into the next room! UNFORTUNATELY your Sim ghosts will just disappear into the "Rabbit Hole" (like in Sims3), where you can't see the interior (even if you have the camera locked on your Sim).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    ha, yeah, had similar happen in my game tonight. my ghost just went through a wall to stare at...something in a later room, but i couldn't see him or what it was 'til one of the others got through the right triggers. but, by then, the ghost was topside, swimming

one bit that i forgot to share earlier was the fact that if you mouseover the 'examine' option for a trap, you can see what skill is associated with it (this skill is what's raised while examining, and higher levels of it give better results):
    c3ba735a675c791f819b0909c8666f00.jpg
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    to my knowledge, only two curses (that are technically the same thing. sort of) and one blessing can be spread. the yawning and sneezing curses, both called 'curse of the ancients' in text, and the reverse of them, blessing of the ancients

also, i've only seen 'electrocution' for 'marked for death' in the two times i've had it used. poisoning is one of the options? (i figured fire would be)

I think the shouting curse can be spread, too.

The screaming llama curse can definitely be spread lol. My entire family of 8 ended up with it, and at first it was hilarious, but after day two of screaming I ran away with a sim to the jungle for 7 days. When I returned to my home lot it had finally worn off of everyone lol. (I didn't know how to make the cure yet, or I would have gone that route.)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    aw, i've still only seen the sneezing curse and the electrocution version of 'marked for death'. even with fresh sims in the household building new relics with different gems than the previous used
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Did you know if you get your kids Charisma up to max they can play the Organ and Piano.
  • Options
    crturleycrturley Posts: 42 Member
    Did you know that if you live in a neighborhood other then San MyShuno and have not visited San MyShuno the Level IV Milestone: for Archaeology Scholar is Achieve Level 10 Archaeology skill and Write a Good Archaeology Skill Book, but after moving to San MyShuno or maybe just visiting it added Give a Successful Archaeology Lecture.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Did you know that you can use the Study for Historical Insight interaction on some decorative items outside of Selvadorada. My Sim is visiting the museum at Brindleton bay and used it on the anchor outside the musuem and changed archaeology skill as a result.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    peoinee wrote: »

My sims are there now, I was surprised to, a part and my sims haven't been invited, though no one has turned up yet.
    I'll ask here and delete my other post, but I need help. How can I get rid of the electrocution my sim has, he now has "I feel death is close" from being electrocuted. Is there a way to make him better??
  • Options
    as long as you don't play with lightning bugs or try to repair broken electronics while it's active, it should fade at the end of the few days (i've had two sims have it and lose it without dying), but there's also my earlier post in this thread that shows how to reverse every single curse we can get (though some of them overlap. like all the 'marked for death' ones work the same, all the 'curses of the ancients' work the same)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16354233#Comment_16354233
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I found the Fizz drink cures it, mind you he had to take two cans of it.
    and the bar in the temple, you can hire a mixologist, great if you have been cursed with loneliness and sadness.