Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>The Dark and Stormy Reading Circle<

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So, I said to @simscognito I would post a pic of a character that's mentioned in today's PTLT post but giving you all a look before posting it in the PTLT thread. :)
    Amnytas
    [img][/img]SU3OuV3l.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh wow! He's a bit handsome!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Going to say bye in here. Some of you know I'm on a sim hiatus soon but I'm saying forum goodbyes today. (Feel free to replace me if you need to, I don't mind. :lol: )So, wish you all luck in writing while I'm away. Unbookmarking this thread (don't need it blowing up when I get back) so someone PM when I get back if I still count as a member. :)
  • Options
    Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    @simscognito

Read the latest update. Loved it!
    I loved seeing the origins chapter of Henry and Alex’s relationship/friendship. It’s interesting to see that even back then Henry had some strong feelings for Alex even though he didn’t understand what they meant. I still feel Henry is a little more invested in this relationship than Alex is. And when someone gives more than the other, people get hurt. I hope my baby Henry won’t though. He is so pure and needs to be protected at all costs. #protecthenry #he’s a national treasure

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231
    Okay I managed to make it work, @Valpre1983. Read the first chapter and I'm hooked. Wish I had more time to read right now. Your graphics are so mysterious and dreamy. How do you achieve such a look? Hope to get to the other chapters later and to catch up on other stories in this circle also. :)

TY, got your comment ❤️. The graphics are all thanks to a combination of photoshop actions I created for the story, I needed them to be a bit darker than the game allows to give off a feeling of dread and gloom with a bit of a mystery.

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    Valpre1983 wrote: »
    @simscognito

Read the latest update. Loved it!
    I loved seeing the origins chapter of Henry and Alex’s relationship/friendship. It’s interesting to see that even back then Henry had some strong feelings for Alex even though he didn’t understand what they meant. I still feel Henry is a little more invested in this relationship than Alex is. And when someone gives more than the other, people get hurt. I hope my baby Henry won’t though. He is so pure and needs to be protected at all costs. #protecthenry #he’s a national treasure

@Valpre1983 Thanks for reading. :)
    Yeah, Henry was a bit smitten for Alex even back then. As for who's more invested, I suppose we shall wait and see... ;) But you make an insightful point about people getting hurt when one gives more than the other. Let's hope Halex won't be like that... but no promises. >:) Having said that, I'm totes for protecthenry too! <3
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Goodbye and blessings! I don't remember all the details about your break, but I hope you have a refreshing time away. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    lmfordhamlmfordham Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello fellow simmers and simlit writers! I would love to join your group! I do have to be honest though, my story started out with TS3 but due to crashes and other annoying issues with the game, I moved the story to TS4.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Updating early today because the power's disrupted due to a storm that happened recently.
    Chapter twenty three: For Loving Henry.
    chapter-twenty-three-for-loving-henry_orig.png
  • Options
    Got a chapter in the works and it's looking possible for this weekend. I know I said I wouldn't be writing but I had to write this one!! :) Tiny optional teaser:
    ts4_x64-2018-04-14-16-22-081.png?w=680
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Where's everyone at with the stories?

I'll write some stuff on the stories I caught up on :)

@Valpre1983
    Your screenshots are seriously amazing! Please tell me how you edit them and what mods do you use? :tongue:
    I love the storyline and the atmosphere. You really put a lot of detail into each screenshot and set the melancholy mood perfectly! It reminds me of this show called "The Killing"
    Bailey is a really great character. It's sad how much her sister's death affected her :(, but hopefully she can finally get closure. I love her friendship with Emory! also I am shipping her with Finn :blush:
    Also, like others here, I just realized you had a playlist to go along with the story. Great Idea! They also go great with the story :)

@Acarb90, so sorry for the late response, I only saw your comment now.
    Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and such a nice comment overall. And OMG The Killing! It's still high up there with all my favorite shows. I loved the mood, the ambience and just the overall darkness of the series. I'm honored and flattered that The Wilds reminded you of The Killing, it really means a lot to me. Yeah, Bailey and Eva were very close, with just a year gap between them they were almost like twins, and losing her just about killed her emotionally. Her death has affected Bailey in so many different ways and on so many fronts, and all these will be shown over the next few updates. I'm just so afraid that readers will find the story depressing. But writing Bailey's character I almost wanted to explore grief from different character' perspectives. So often we read about how grief affects parents and children, but we rarely see how it affects siblings, especially when those siblings were particularly close. Eva's death has affected Finn a lot more than he's shown so far, after all she was his best friend, and through her death both Finn and Bailey lost a huge part of themselves, and their relationship. So there's a lot of anger and hurt and grief from both sides.

Emory is exactly what Bailey needs, she can be objective when Bailey can't, and emotional when Bailey should be, so she kinda balances her out. And I'm glad you love their friendship. It's one of the things I wanted to come across from the start.

LOL @ shipping Finn and Bailey. So much has happened between them, 8 years is a long time but now that Finn's back in town, for however long he's staying, who knows what will happen :wink:

Not sure if you were serious or joking, but the mods that I use are:
    Camera Mods
    • Buckley_CameraMod
    • Buckley_TabModeCameraMod

Default replacement phone
    • dreamteamsims Apple iPhone 8 Override SILVER

and of course
    MC Command Centre

And I also use a photoshop action to darken the pics.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    @Acarb90 ,

Finally caught up on your updates:

Chapter 8 part 1
    I love Sal just the way he is. But if a makeover gives his self confidence a little boost. I'm all for that. I'm glad he's found someone who seems to be just as into him as he is into her. Valerie is a doll.

Chapter 8 part 2
    I loved this update. I was a little sad at first seeing El doubt herself like that, but I'm glad she had Kendra and Kai rooting for her. That club scene must have been a nightmare to shoot, but it turned out beautifully. Loved the shots. And happy sigh at that last scene.Can they be any cuter. I love them together, almost as much as I love Kai and Kendra together

Chapter 8 part 3
    Aw, Sal and Val, they are perfect for each other. I'm glad Val came to find him, and they talked things through, and she came to the realization that her friends are total snobs all on her own. I think they can make each other very happy.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231

I finally caught up on your story:

Jes' prologue
    So much to take in from Jess’ prologue. I was sad when she and Ripp didn’t work out. But she and Tank seemed much better suited. I loved how real Jess’ first time with Tank was, and that for me made it all the more pure. Too bad what was supposed to be a special moment was ruined by Tank’s father. Poor guy, him and Ripp do not have it easy, no wonder at first he came across as a little rough around the edges. But then again the roughness may just have a been a way to protect his heart and put up defenses.

Chapter 1.0
    This was so painfully sad. I don’t know why but I’m not angry at Jess’ mother. I don’t approve of her actions, nor do I condone them but I get them somehow. She was unhappy in her marriage, her husband had checked out a long time ago, it doesn’t make it right or excuse her actions, but there’s a reason she was the way she was, it’s just sad that Jess got caught up in her mess and saw things that a child should have to witness about their parent…

Chapter 1.1
    I love you authors notes as much as I love the updates. They give so much insights to the updates.
    Niko's really caught between a rock and a hard place, tough choices he was faced with, hopefully he's able to live with the one he made. Beautiful writing as always.

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    Hi all! Powers back up, so I'll be catching up with all your updates in the next week or two. :)
  • Options
    Chapter! (Felt like it so why not?)

Chapter 12
    tumblr_inline_p775getp2W1v2lczu_540.png

Am I still part of this reading circle? Not sure but gonna post this here. I'll edit it out if I'm not. Just let me know. :)
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on here much. I was busy with feng-shuiing my apartment and I also rewrote my new chapter (it just wasn't working, don't you hate when that happens? :p ) I should have an update sometime this week. I am also going to catch up on everyone's stories again!

@Bugsie2016 of course you are still a part of this circle! I know everyone is busy all the time, so I thought it would be best to just come on here whenever you have the time. I made this circle for that exact reason :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Esme is starting to feel lonely....Kendra realizes that Kai has a huge secret
    04-11-18df_12-21-57AM_zpsh28imjuq.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Oops! I forgot to post last week's chapter here. Sorry guys. I'm not very well at the moment, so am quite forgetful.

Here's the chapter. Chapter twenty four: Bad News
    Also, @Acarb90 why are your chapter banners so captivating? Can't wait to read this! Now I'm wishing the weekend would come a little faster! :D
  • Options
    lmfordhamlmfordham Posts: 9 New Member
    @Acarb90 I was trying to figure out how to message you but I'm not sure if you have that option blocked or not. I commented on April 12th that I'm interested in joining your reading circle and I still am. I'm in so many Sims groups on fb that I actually get banned from posting in groups lol I asked a member in a sims group if there was a forum I can post on so people can still read my story and I won't get banned. She recommended your group.
  • Options
    @Acarb90 , a friend's just forced Pretty Little Liars on me (Okay, I admit, I'm enjoying it <3 ) but omg Spencer (Troian Avery Bellisario) looks so much like Ellie!!!! She has the same eyes! It's scary! :D

Hehe, sorry for being random, but WOW! XD
    I mean, look at this pic
    Coveteur_Troian_Bellisario_034-835x1253.jpg
  • Options
    So sorry I've been busy this week!

@imfordham Unfortunately I think this group is just about full :disappointed: . Maybe in the future I can add you, but right now I think we are at capacity. Sorry! You are still welcome to lurk however :smile:

@simscognito
    Uhhh I don't really do anything special with the banners, I basically just pick the best screenshot from my chapters and just put giant numbers on them xD.....but thank you <3

OMG she does look like Ellie! I watched that show until season 3(just a warning, it gets a bit ridiculous)
    I also think Ellie looks like Lady gaga a little bit lol

Fun fact about Ellie: I created her from those ugly sim challenges when I was bored one day, and I was really shocked at how unique she looked so I kept her xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    @Acarb90 Wow! Really? She turned out so well!

Hi all!
    Here's an update from Friends of Foes.
    Chapter twenty five: Stuck In The Middle
    chapter-twenty-five-stuck-in-the-middle_orig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I wanted to share this with you all. I made my first reshade preset(?) and I'm super happy with it. Here's some before and after pics:
    tumblr_p80j179sZM1wv47k8o1_540.png
    tumblr_p80j179sZM1wv47k8o2_540.png
    tumblr_p80j179sZM1wv47k8o3_540.png
    tumblr_p80j179sZM1wv47k8o4_540.png
    tumblr_p80ij6SzKk1wv47k8o1_540.png
    tumblr_p80ij6SzKk1wv47k8o2_540.png

Similar sort of aesthetic feel to some of your stories.
  • Options
    Wow @Bugsie2016 ! They look beautiful. I particularly like that middle pic. Such warm colours.
  • Options
    Wow @Bugsie2016 ! They look beautiful. I particularly like that middle pic. Such warm colours.
    It was literally me messing around last night and when I went in-game tonight it looked awesome. I have some shaders you can switch out to make it look slightly different but they all look awesome. If anyone uses reshade in this group and wants it then I'm willing to share. But only in this reading circle as this reshade preset is my 'baby' as my first one.

*runs off to deal with an escapee rabbit*