Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>The Dark and Stormy Reading Circle<

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Bugsie2016 one word, Rye. She's a fantastic character and I'm not the only one who thinks that. :blush: And what about your vignettes? XD And of course Romax is relationship goals... after the drama. :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Bugsie2016 one word, Rye. She's a fantastic character and I'm not the only one who thinks that. :blush: And what about your vignettes? XD And of course Romax is relationship goals... after the drama. :D

I prefer Claude to be honest. Rye is really hard to get into the head of whereas Claude is second nature to me now. XD
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    @simscognito Thanks! It was really pivotal moment for her especially after what happened at school with the other kids.

To everyone else:
    Still trying to catch up on your stories and once i can get my game to load again I will have an update!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Since @Acarb90 shared a photo from the latest Metro chapter. Here's a pic from my upcoming PTLT chapter. (Super proud of editing on this one)
    6ZwDULXl.png
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Since @Acarb90 shared a photo from the latest Metro chapter. Here's a pic from my upcoming PTLT chapter. (Super proud of editing on this one)
    6ZwDULXl.png

Pretty :heart:

Is that a wolf dog??
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    6ZwDULXl.png

Pretty :heart:

Is that a wolf dog??

Yep, that's a wolf! (Well, a dog that looks like a wolf.) I downloaded it from the gallery, it's a wolf made using a dog from C & D. The creator has some other awesome creations. There's two foxes hidden in that pic somewhere too. One in the grass on the right and one a little further back than the wolf. :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Will catch up with yours next! (Just finished 'The Wilds') I've only got yours to read now anyway. :)

Mine is PTLT (or if you want the full name, which you should feel lucky I'm typing out as I never usually bother, it's People of The Light Tribe.)

Thanks, @Bugsie2016 Added to my reading list. :)
    I feel like the worst host lol. I finally added everything to the front page, so everyone's story is now there :).
    I have some free time tonight, so I think I'll read the Wilds(finally got the right link!).

and omg @AdamsEve1231 nice screenshots! Very dark :wink:

btw I am in the middle of writing the next chapter and I just had to share this awesome screenshot:
    I finally made a club that looks like a club! i downloaded The fake audience thing and it looks so realistic!
    Also I downloaded some dancing animations and it really works great (i suggest everyone download them from CD97), I had alot of screenshots to choose from and sometimes you get gems like this one:

04-02-18_12-44-57AM_zpskmbvpyke.png

@Acarb90 No worries. I'm finally getting a little down time tonight to catch up a bit here, and maybe get some reading in. Thanks for the compliment. The storyline of NBJ is much much darker than my usual fare.

Love the image you shared. Is there a mod for the audience in the background? Is that what you're referencing? Because that's awesome! :)
    Almost caught up with AdamsEve's story and you're all making me jealous with your awesome writing!!! :lol:

@Bugsie2016 Awww... thanks. This story is quite a bit darker, longer, more intense, and detailed than my usual fare. I actually edited most of these chapters and worked really hard to get the prose right. I'm sure your writing is awesome too! :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I popped over and read the storyline and the extras pages you have, @Bugsie2016 and I got really excited. I love reading background, cultural pages and additional story information that contributes to worldbuilding. Worldbuilding is one of my most favorite things short of character creation/development and dialogue. I have several dozen of my own worldbuilding pages on my first SimLit WordPress site (KCLKF) so I appreciate it when writers do the same.

I love the title and the acronym. I do the same with my stories. :) The title evokes a dreamy feeling to it with a mysterious and ethereal quality.

I do other worldbuilding for my non-Sims stories so I understand the culture mixing thing. It helps to have a bit of basis to start, and I find so many cultures have unique aspects that I can ahem... borrow or tweak or edit for my own cultures.

Also I love the names you chose. I did read the first chapter, well, the prologue, and already intriguing. I wonder how the
    king came to die so suddenly...???
    Using spoilers, but if everyone is caught up then I won't.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I popped over and read the storyline and the extras pages you have, @Bugsie2016 and I got really excited. I love reading background, cultural pages and additional story information that contributes to worldbuilding. Worldbuilding is one of my most favorite things short of character creation/development and dialogue. I have several dozen of my own worldbuilding pages on my first SimLit WordPress site (KCLKF) so I appreciate it when writers do the same.

I love the title and the acronym. I do the same with my stories. :) The title evokes a dreamy feeling to it with a mysterious and ethereal quality.

I do other worldbuilding for my non-Sims stories so I understand the culture mixing thing. It helps to have a bit of basis to start, and I find so many cultures have unique aspects that I can ahem... borrow or tweak or edit for my own cultures.

Also I love the names you chose. I did read the first chapter, well, the prologue, and already intriguing. I wonder how the
    king came to die so suddenly...???
    Using spoilers, but if everyone is caught up then I won't.

I actually need to edit Melete's page. I wrote it a while ago and the story changed a certain part of that. I think you explaining how you had a lot of those gave me the idea originally so thanks!! :)

The title means I can very flexible with the storyline in a way. Instead of having major time jumps, I can explore someone else's story in that time. I can have several stories intertwined. I'm thinking of writing another story from a tribe member's point of view and intertwining it with my current plotline (title doesn't state I have just one character. I can have as many as I can handle)

I get it compared to a lot of ancient greek things but it's a mix of that, medieval and Roman (clothing).

The names I chose are all ancient greek. I got that idea from when I asked @MrsRacooney how she names her characters and borrowed it. I think the exception is an animal in the next chapter (aka, the animal featured in the teaser on tumblr) which I had help in naming one of the dumbest names I've ever heard. I could have asked my niece (she's the same age as the character who chose the name), who's here for the week but she has never given particularly dumb names. :lol:

That is actually explored a tiny bit later on in the story. But, I have an idea what is was... I could have gone with two scenarios...
    poison or sickness. I chose sickness but almost had someone poison him. Too much hassle to add to the plotline.
  • Options
    Where's everyone at with the stories?

I'll write some stuff on the stories I caught up on :)

@Valpre1983
    Your screenshots are seriously amazing! Please tell me how you edit them and what mods do you use? :tongue:
    I love the storyline and the atmosphere. You really put a lot of detail into each screenshot and set the melancholy mood perfectly! It reminds me of this show called "The Killing"
    Bailey is a really great character. It's sad how much her sister's death affected her :(, but hopefully she can finally get closure. I love her friendship with Emory! also I am shipping her with Finn :blush:
    Also, like others here, I just realized you had a playlist to go along with the story. Great Idea! They also go great with the story :)

@AdamsEve1231
    I only read the first prologue, but oh my god I am already hooked!
    What a fascinating world you've created.....aliens, vampires,etc... All the things I LOVE
    I'm excited to see what happens with that poor baby and what connection she will have with Niko
    Btw I like that you use sims 3 and 4 :smiley:

@Bugsie2016
    Well I already told you how much I like Melete and Alex (Who I'm still waiting for to get a boyfriend :wink: )
    I also like that you took a historical period and put your own spin on it. I love your sets/costumes. I also think Melete will grow into her position and start to make some changes to the tribe (at least I hope she will :tongue: ). I still love her spunky-ness if thats a word lol

@simscognito
    I also love the world you've created. It's really fun to read about all the different groups and how all the children fight to stay friends.
    Henry is my absolute favorite, because he just seems so innocent/dorky to me lol. I hope nothing bad happens to him!
    Plus I am totally shipping alex and Henry, just saying :tongue:

@LillyDoves I will be tackling your story this week! :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Double post....sorry xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Double post.... sorry xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options

@Valpre1983
    Your screenshots are seriously amazing! Please tell me how you edit them and what mods do you use? :tongue:
    I love the storyline and the atmosphere. You really put a lot of detail into each screenshot and set the melancholy mood perfectly! It reminds me of this show called "The Killing"
    Bailey is a really great character. It's sad how much her sister's death affected her :(, but hopefully she can finally get closure. I love her friendship with Emory! also I am shipping her with Finn :blush:
    Also, like others here, I just realized you had a playlist to go along with the story. Great Idea! They also go great with the story :)

@AdamsEve1231
    I only read the first prologue, but oh my god I am already hooked!
    What a fascinating world you've created.....aliens, vampires,etc... All the things I LOVE
    I'm excited to see what happens with that poor baby and what connection she will have with Niko
    Btw I like that you use sims 3 and 4 :smiley:

@Bugsie2016
    Well I already told you how much I like Melete and Alex (Who I'm still waiting for to get a boyfriend :wink: )
    I also like that you took a historical period and put your own spin on it. I love your sets/costumes. I also think Melete will grow into her position and start to make some changes to the tribe (at least I hope she will :tongue: ). I still love her spunky-ness if thats a word lol

@simscognito
    I also love the world you've created. It's really fun to read about all the different groups and how all the children fight to stay friends.
    Henry is my absolute favorite, because he just seems so innocent/dorky to me lol. I hope nothing bad happens to him!
    Plus I am totally shipping alex and Henry, just saying :tongue:

@LillyDoves I will be tackling your story this week! :)

Thanks @Acarb90 . :)
    I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Not sure how far in you are but I'm guessing you've not had the battle yet? Hehe... Henry is a cutie... as for his innocence... we'll see. XD And aww you're not the first to ship Halex. (I'm secretly routing for them too).
    Thanks for the lovely comments. :) As you know, I'm really enjoying your story and that last chapter was soooo sweet. I love your writing style. All the characters are so well rounded and I love how, depending on the perspective of each character, we get to see each of the other characters in different lights. Sorry if I'm not making any sense. I'm not a hundred percent at the moment. :D I also like how you don't shy away from tough topics and you approach them sensitively. You never judge the characters either. Even when the characters are judging the current protagonist, your writing is separate from the emotion which makes for powerful scenes. Anyway, sorry if I'm not making any sense, but to sum up, your writing is awesome. XD
  • Options

@Bugsie2016

I'm all caught up with everyone's now! :)Even more caught up with my own... :lol:

@Acarb90 (Note to cog: Second spoiler I tagged you. :) )
    You did. Just for reference, I often refer to him as Xander (or Xand) out of story because of all the Alexs in simlit. And Mel = Melete :joy: It is possible that Xand may get a side boyfriend at some point since he's kinda stuck with Melete. Maybe he'll find someone who doesn't mind that he'll be married to another ruler. I doubt Melete would stop him. She is his friend afterall.

Thanks, I make my own sets but the costumes are all CC I have. Recoloured some togas yesterday as I needed different colours. XD

We'll see Mel aged a little bit in next chapter, so that should be fun. She can only make some changes, sorry. Majority of their culture is led by their religion (not something I will go heavy into but it's still there in the background)

Spunkiness is a word in British English. Means Courageous and spirited. (googled it, so if I'm wrong, blame google) :) So, yes, it's a word. :)
    I wonder what would happen if teen Mel met Alex from Foe (friends of foes)? Tagging, @simscognito for that (he's caught up right now)
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    edited April 2018
    I think I’m halfway caught up with everyone’s story. Still trying to get my game to load...

Making progress with my game now!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    @Valpre1983 I read your synopsis and holy guacamole! I love the idea of a good mystery. I'm having trouble with your site though, like I can't access the pages other than the synopsis. If you could shed some light on it, that would be great.

@Acarb90
    Thank you. This is a pretty ambitious story of mine and it will most likely be slow going, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I started in TS3 and did several rewrites before deciding to hop over to TS4 also.

@simscognito Caught up on your story... until tomorrow, that is. :D

@Bugsie2016 Read your prologue and loved it! :)

@LillyDoves Your story looks super interesting too but it may take awhile to catch up.

I hope to start more reading this weekend.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    Hi guys, I’m alive, haven’t abondoned you and your awesome stories. Work is super crazy at the moment but as soon as I get a moment I will be diving into your updates.

@simscognito thank you so so much for your detailed feedback. I promise once things have calmed down I’ll draw up a list of mods I use, that’s if you were serious
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Bugsie2016
    Omg I have no idea. :D I have a feeling Alex will be really charming, because he's like that especially with foreigners. (Because he wants to be boss). Of course, if Mel does not agree to Alex's... negotiations... he may throw a tantrum, so there's that. :D I'm sure Mel's used to Xander's tantrums so she'll probably know exactly what to do if that happens... XD Be careful though, his tantrums can sometimes start a war. :D Hmm... but then again... Teen Mel was quite stubborn. A war might be inevitable. XD What about Mel? If Alex behaves like this, how do you think she'd behave? I have a feeling she's by far the more reasonable of the two. I think she's just as smart as him too. :D
    @Valpre1983 you're welcome and ooh I'd very much appreciate that. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    @simscognito, I’m finally caught up on your story. I’ve left comments along the way on your blog. Not sure if you got them?

Now I’m on to the next story. I’m trying to read all the stories with 10+ chapters first so I can get caught up quickly and I don’t end up falling way behind, but if your story has few chapters, don’t worry, I’ll get to it too soon.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231
    @Valpre1983 I read your synopsis and holy guacamole! I love the idea of a good mystery. I'm having trouble with your site though, like I can't access the pages other than the synopsis. If you could shed some light on it, that would be great.

Thanks for checking out my blog, it’s the first time I try my hand at mystery writing, so hopefully I don’t make a mess of it too much. Can you tell me what browser you’re usings so I can try and replicate the issue on my side and see if I can come up with a fix.

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Valpre1983 wrote: »
    @simscognito, I’m finally caught up on your story. I’ve left comments along the way on your blog. Not sure if you got them?

Now I’m on to the next story. I’m trying to read all the stories with 10+ chapters first so I can get caught up quickly and I don’t end up falling way behind, but if your story has few chapters, don’t worry, I’ll get to it too soon.

@Valpre1983 Thanks for the lovely comments. I did get them and commented. :) Sorry, the commenting system on my site doesn't really do notifications... well, I get them, but I'm not sure my readers get them. :D I do have a forum thread too, where you're welcome to comment if that's more helpful. :)
  • Options
    @Valpre1983 I primarily read in Google Chrome, but I have Internet Explorer on my computer too.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Chapter 11
    Z0slNsOl.png
    This is actually my last update for a while. Reasons are over on my PTLT thread. :)
  • Options
    Okay I managed to make it work, @Valpre1983. Read the first chapter and I'm hooked. Wish I had more time to read right now. Your graphics are so mysterious and dreamy. How do you achieve such a look? Hope to get to the other chapters later and to catch up on other stories in this circle also. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi all, how you doing? :)
    Bringing you the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter twenty two: Henry and The Prince.
    chapter-twenty-two-henry-and-the-prince_orig.png