Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>The Dark and Stormy Reading Circle<

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Here, @Acarb90 PTLT
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Ellie and Sal dress to impress
    03-22-18_162-03-41AM_zpsu4joh8th.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    My mission is to catch up with everyone’s stories, and I will do my best to complete it. Getting swamped with school but hopefully I can make this happen.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    My mission is to catch up with everyone’s stories, and I will do my best to complete it. Getting swamped with school but hopefully I can make this happen.

I have a similar goal but really it's to read the remaining story I'm not caught up on yet. That's this weekend at some point. After I finish my collab piece of writing.
  • Options
    Hi all! How's your week been? :smiley:
    Just dropping another update from Friends of Foes.
    Chapter twenty one: Edith Visits
    I think I might share the banner today, because I like this one. :D
    chapter-twenty-one-edith-visits_orig.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    My goodness. I just realized CT added my name to this circle and I never got an official answer about joining here. I've been busy and side tracked these last few weeks. If you're full up and if I'm too late in general since it's been so long since I first inquired about this, no worries. Just checking in to see if I missed something because I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I just dropped off the face of the planet here. I'm still interested, but I seriously won't be offended if you don't have the space. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I have a new chapter...
    Chapter 10
    zfoAZDhl.png
  • Options
    My goodness. I just realized CT added my name to this circle and I never got an official answer about joining here. I've been busy and side tracked these last few weeks. If you're full up and if I'm too late in general since it's been so long since I first inquired about this, no worries. Just checking in to see if I missed something because I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I just dropped off the face of the planet here. I'm still interested, but I seriously won't be offended if you don't have the space. :)

You can join!!!

Btw sorry i havent been active lately. Just been going through some stuff with work but it should be better this week :smiley:
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Valpre1983 I've just noticed you include a playlist on your blog! That's an awesome idea. Do the songs fit into the themes of the story in chronological order?

@simscognito, thanks for catching up on my story. I'm slowly working my way through yours. As for the songs, yes, they do fit into the themes of the story, but there's no chronological order to them. And in a way they are more for me, than for the story, to help set the mood when I'm writing, if that makes any sense?
    Post edited by Valpre1983 on
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    @Valpre1983 im trying to read your story, but the link never works on my phone :(

Btw while im at it, can everyone post a link to their story so i can update the main page?

@Acarb90, is it the chapter links or my signature link? I have no idea why it's acting up on your phone.

And here's my story link: The Wilds

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Options
    Valpre1983 wrote: »
    @Valpre1983 I've just noticed you include a playlist on your blog! That's an awesome idea. Do the songs fit into the themes of the story in chronological order?

@simscognito, thanks for catching up on my story. I'm slowly working my way through yours. As for the songs, yes, they do fit into the themes of the songs, but there's no chronological order to them. And in a way they are more for me, than for the story, to help set the mood when I'm writing, if that makes any sense?

@Valpre1983 that makes perfect sense. I think music is a great way to get into the mood of a story. :blush: Your story is very athmospheric. I think it has something to do with the pictures as well. They are so cleverly done. :) Oh cool. I hope you're enjoying it. I know it can be quite confusing in the beginning. It's because it's inspired by the story of Hephaestion and Alexander and complicated familial connections are ancient classic's middle name. :D
  • Options

You can join!!!

Btw sorry i havent been active lately. Just been going through some stuff with work but it should be better this week :smiley:

@Acarb90 Hooray! And thank you. I'll make a point to add all your stories to my reading list. I'm caught up on @simscognito's.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

You can join!!!

@Acarb90 Hooray! And thank you. I'll make a point to add all your stories to my reading list. I'm caught up on @simscognito's.

Yayy! Welcome to the reading circle @AdamsEve1231 . I'm a massive fan of your stories! XD
  • Options
    Soo..finally catching up on @Valpre1983 's story. I'm hooked from chapter one...might even stay up a bit longer to finish getting caught up (it's almost midnight here :sweat_smile: )
  • Options
    Thank you, @simscognito.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @everyone What story are you featuring in this writing circle so I can read the right one (if you have more than one)?

I mentioned to @Acarb90 before I'd like my Night Blooming Jasmine story featured in this circle, and it's pretty short right now. I probably won't update for awhile since I'm swamped with life and work at the moment so you'd have plenty of time to catch up. Just FYI, compared to some of my other stories, this one is quite mature in content.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Will catch up with yours next! (Just finished 'The Wilds') I've only got yours to read now anyway. :)

Mine is PTLT (or if you want the full name, which you should feel lucky I'm typing out as I never usually bother, it's People of The Light Tribe.)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I feel like the worst host lol. I finally added everything to the front page, so everyone's story is now there :).
    I have some free time tonight, so I think I'll read the Wilds(finally got the right link!).

and omg @AdamsEve1231 nice screenshots! Very dark :wink:

btw I am in the middle of writing the next chapter and I just had to share this awesome screenshot:
    I finally made a club that looks like a club! i downloaded The fake audience thing and it looks so realistic!
    Also I downloaded some dancing animations and it really works great (i suggest everyone download them from CD97), I had alot of screenshots to choose from and sometimes you get gems like this one:

04-02-18_12-44-57AM_zpskmbvpyke.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Ellie has the time of her life
    04-02-18_12-444-57AM_zpsy2t8zyqw.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    @LillyDoves just up to date with your story (I think. Chapter 1.69) and I'm crying. That latest chapter was soo sad.
    poor Maxine. Not feeling loved :(
    You wrote her grief and frustration really well. I could feel her emotion. I'll now go find the box of tissues.
  • Options
    Almost caught up with AdamsEve's story and you're all making me jealous with your awesome writing!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Almost caught up with AdamsEve's story and you're all making me jealous with your awesome writing!!! :lol:

What are you talking about @Bugsie2016 ? You're amazing. I love how down-to-earth your characters are and your plot developments are incredibly believeable. I'm the one jealous of you! XD
  • Options
    I feel like the worst host lol. I finally added everything to the front page, so everyone's story is now there :).
    I have some free time tonight, so I think I'll read the Wilds(finally got the right link!).

and omg @AdamsEve1231 nice screenshots! Very dark :wink:

btw I am in the middle of writing the next chapter and I just had to share this awesome screenshot:
    I finally made a club that looks like a club! i downloaded The fake audience thing and it looks so realistic!
    Also I downloaded some dancing animations and it really works great (i suggest everyone download them from CD97), I had alot of screenshots to choose from and sometimes you get gems like this one:

04-02-18_12-44-57AM_zpskmbvpyke.png

Btw @Acarb90 That screenshot is great. Really sets the partylike atmosphere. :blush:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

What are you talking about @Bugsie2016 ? You're amazing. I love how down-to-earth your characters are and your plot developments are incredibly believeable. I'm the one jealous of you! XD

You read that correctly. I'm being serious!! :lol: I don't know how your jealous... :joy: