Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2009
    I wrote a long winded post about multiple families in the same town issues but in hindsight it was a wall'o'text so instead.

Only being able to swim in pools when there are lakes, rivers and even an ocean all over the place is really very incredibly stupendously frustrating.

You did say we could only post 1 issue, right?
  • Options
    FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ...and that you can't put furniture and stuff in your inventory.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but there's a family inventory that you can put any item into. It's the third tab down in buy mode.
  • Options
    SophLady24SophLady24 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Relationship building. It seems to take forever. It took my Sim ages to befriend Chris Steel despite constantly talking to him on the phone.
  • Options
    LyzMcFlyzLyzMcFlyz Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with what everyone has said about the speeds and not being able to go into community lots and the lack of a clothing store!!!

so, I guess I'll add the fact that there is no "curly hair"... I have curls! not waves and it really sucks that my Sim can't have curls.. or at least the wavy look like in TS2...

The only good part of this game is the ability to customize the colors of everything... My sim has Black hair with Red streaks and I LOVE it! lol

if only I can put a pic of her as my default pic on here!
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss just about everything the Sims 2 had. This game is so boring. You can't follow them into stores, it takes too long to build, and the clothes are boring as well. I am going to shelve it and let it collect dust and go back to Sims 2. What a waste of money. :(
  • Options
    NekrullNekrull Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No Diving boards and No Hot tubs
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2009
    joeypesci wrote:
    As the officer tried to get into the house to get the burglar she couldn't because a plate on the floor was in her way, what a joke.

That is probably my biggest issue [well, that and the fact that the clothing & hair styles that should be in the game are in the store]. I can almost deal with sitting around for 5 minutes waiting for my sim to finish sleeping or get off of work, but these sims are not as smart as I thought the would be. From what I heard from EA, I thought that sims would no longer stand around for an hour because they can't figure out how to walk around things. Sometimes they're worse than they were in TS2! One time, sims were dancing at my sim's baby's birthday party. I wanted the baby to blow out his candle & become a toddler. The mom stood holding him for, like, 3 sim hours because she couldn't figure out how to get past the dancers & the dancers didn't figure out they had to move. By the time the baby blew out his candle, most of the people at his party had left. :|
    I know you only said one thing & that now i'm kind of going on my fourth, but I also thought that sims wouldn't be as needy in this game. From what EA said early on I thought that sims wouldn't have to pay that much attention to their food & bladders & energy. If anything they have to pay more attention to these things.

From this post you may think i dislike the game, but that's not true at all. I like the game a lot. In fact, I don't think I could ever go back to TS2. I use testingcheats to keep their needs up & I have a fairly big house so my sims don't run into the 'standing here for hours because i can't get around' problem too often. So, yeah. Rant done. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2009
    SophLady24 wrote:
    Relationship building. It seems to take forever. It took my Sim ages to befriend Chris Steel despite constantly talking to him on the phone.
    Have you tried talking to him in person? My sim just chatted with him a lot & stuff & they became friends & lovers pretty fast.
  • Options
    orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cant change the height of my Sims. I want most of them (not my own personal sim) to be taller than me.
  • Options
    kimmibabi2005kimmibabi2005 Posts: 276 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I left a mum and her teenage son for a couple of days while I played with another family. When I came back, they were all fat and there was a baby on the floor. I looked at the mums relationships and there was no guy in there that she could possibly have a baby with. Sorta annoyed me. And the fact that they got fat...
  • Options
    LadyGamerLadyGamer Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SophLady24 wrote:
    Have you tried talking to him in person? My sim just chatted with him a lot & stuff & they became friends & lovers pretty fast.

:shock: But...But...Chris Steel is the husband of my sim Lily...They have a baby together :mrgreen:...
    Maybe how fast a relationship builds is to do with characteristics and traits too, my sim Lily built a relationship pretty quickly with Mr Steel, but they do share two traits.
  • Options
    FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cant change the height of my Sims. I want most of them (not my own personal sim) to be taller than me.

I'd love to be able to do this too, but it would've been an absolute nightmare to program with the animations.

In other words, there's only so much they can do, and this would've taken way too much time.
  • Options
    missmandamissmanda Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The way the sims actually look. Granted my CAS has a huge glitch where you cannot make fat/skinny sims. Just average ones...as the head detaches from the torso and the torso from the feet. Annoying.

One of my favorite sims to make from TS2 is impossible to make in TS3...I've tried, but I just end up hating the way he looks. Oh and the toddlers- they look like little mutants or something. They were actually cute in TS2!
  • Options
    visiongatorvisiongator Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    no cutscenes..

we've gone back to sims 1 territory.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    The lack of hair options for kids and toddlers.
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't save my game. I get an error 12 message. There's no point playing if I can't save. It also keeps crashing.
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Alot? lol

I can honestly make a list of what I would have changed.. for one, TOO MANY Buttons
  • Options
    ebilseedebilseed Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How if I leave a house I am playing, and a baby is born, I am stuck with that name.

And I thought you could change your name at City Hall? I don't see a "change name" option!
  • Options
    CierxCierx Posts: 95 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The hair! I love everything else, but the hair is too few, too old, and too similar to each other.
  • Options
    JuleePieJuleePie Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    1. Fast-forward button doesn't function properly... have to wait 10 minutes for my sim to sleep/work!

2. Sims take 2-hour showers...

3. Sims are having babies with fathers that they have NO relationship score with. Claire Ursine for example is pregnant when you enter the game, has a baby who you see in family tree the father is her next-door-neighbor, but Claire has NO relationship score with him.

4. Sims moving out randomly; sim families YOU created but later leave alone will DISAPPEAR.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2009
    ebilseed wrote:
    How if I leave a house I am playing, and a baby is born, I am stuck with that name.

And I thought you could change your name at City Hall? I don't see a "change name" option!

Its there, only at certain times of day though, think its after 10 am, not sure when exactly.
  • Options
    IanCIanC Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    JuleePie wrote:
    2. Sims take 2-hour showers...

lmao. how true
  • Options
    Cullen23Cullen23 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Garford wrote:
    tomunaama wrote:
    Insanely difficult to build up romantic relationships. My sim can't get past the "best friend" stage with the father of her child. :D
    Yeah me too! It takes too long to build romantic relationships, it's kind of off putting :(

I didnt have a problem with it...I made 1 female and 3 males and made them housemates. And my girl and 1 guy had the Family trait and it was really easy to get them dating and married soon after.

The thing that bothers me is the story progression thing. I havent tried it or fixing it like other people did, but i was hoping to have control of the whole neighborhood and switching back and forth from house to house. Idk...i was hoping you could play one family and then click on their neighbors house and have the option to play them...

Oh, and the speed...and the huge blurring...that was like 3 but nothing major bothers me...lol
  • Options
    SuniNight2SuniNight2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DITTO!!!! In the old games, you could quickly go to Create A Sim mode and create them a perfect match and make that new person move in next door and 'force' a meeting of the 2...you cant do that in this one...I dont really like how every time you start a new Sim it's in a new version of the neighborhood. :(
  • Options
    BattsknoxBattsknox Posts: 1,133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My newset..."Can't sleep while buzzed", so to me the warm beverage maker is not really a lot of help. It never really was to me in TS2, but enough to get a learning point or something in.
    My new peeve is the beverage maker :(