Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    BirdmommyBirdmommy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The #1 thing that really makes me mad is not being able to scroll from side to side, top to bottom to move around! :evil: :evil: I also don't like how things are saved. I'm trying to get my Sim families in the same neighborhood and somehow, they are somewhere else. Why did they make the actual moving around so difficult? Now, if there is someone out there that is going to tell me that these things can be adjusted in options, you will have my undying gratefulness. While I'm here, when do we get pets? I'd appreciate any help!
  • Options
    jarvie22jarvie22 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think quite a few people seem to be complaining about problems with their computers rather than the game. I also think there is some confusion with the speed settings, with the fastest speed (hotkey 4) this will just run it at 3x speed until the current action is done then revert back to speed 1. However i do agree with people saying that the fastest speed is still too slow.
    Or maybe I just have no complaints cos the game has worked fine for me no problems :-)

People with problems scrolling in game, make sure you go into the options menu, game settings and enable edge scrolling.

My one thing that bothers me is the lack of items in the game, despite there clearly having been chance for EA to put more in as items are already in the shop on release day.
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't like the fact that you can not make the carpool stop. Its like you have to cancel the "go to work" option and make them take the car and leave the carpool dude waiting outside. What happened to "Now that you have a car the carpool will no longer come.
  • Options
    FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Birdmommy wrote:
    The #1 thing that really makes me mad is not being able to scroll from side to side, top to bottom to move around! :evil: :evil: I also don't like how things are saved. I'm trying to get my Sim families in the same neighborhood and somehow, they are somewhere else. Why did they make the actual moving around so difficult? Now, if there is someone out there that is going to tell me that these things can be adjusted in options, you will have my undying gratefulness. While I'm here, when do we get pets? I'd appreciate any help!

For the first one - are you using the WASD keys to move around? These work great in combination with holding down the scroll-wheel on the mouse for rotating the camera.

If you prefer, you can also turn on edge-scrolling in the options, which lets you move the camera's position by moving your cursor to the edges of the screen.

For the second one - load the game with your primary Sim and go into 'Edit town' mode. Find your secondary Sim in the lower-right, and click 'Place a copy'. You can drop them in any household in town you like, as long as there's an open slot (no more than 8 Sims per household).
  • Options
    MelyanneMelyanne Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It bothers me that I can't have more then one family in the same game at one time. I like to have my Sims meet other Sims that I created.
  • Options
    TcrrlltcTcrrlltc Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The one thing that grinds my nut more than anything else about this game is the ever relentless non stop stream of whine threads, Someone who is a complainer needs to make a sticky thread for all the whine posts to go to one place.

I understand a lot of people are dissatisfied with the game and I get your need to whine about it given you paid your £/$ or whatever for it but the shear amount of them is flooding the board and letting good threads pass by down the list because people love to gripe.
  • Options
    DianaRexDianaRex Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I do not like the new movement mode. I am used to using the mouse to move your sim around and because i have played sims for so many years i am having trouble using the arrows or the hot keys. I just think the mouse was better.

I dont like not being able to choose your height. I made myself and my husband. I am 5'2 and he is 6'1 but in game i swear i am taller than he is. What the heck.

I dont like that while going around the neighborhood your sim runs the whole time instead of walking.

I dont like that if you go into a place example: a diner, that you dont actually go inside.

They lost a BUNCH of the kids/toddler stuff so there is nothing to put in their room.

The hairstyles ****, they all are boyish hairstyles.

The town is pretty boring.
  • Options
    TcrrlltcTcrrlltc Posts: 189 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Seems strange that peopel are struggling to adapt to hotkeys, Personally having played many many games on my P.C namely MMO's (Warcraft the most) It's like second nature to use shortcuts/hotkeys and proper key mapped controls to play any game on the PC.

Clickers I emplore you to switch up to using key mapping/hotkeys, its a much more efficient way to play any game and I'm sure with a little bit of practice you too will find it comes as natural as it has been to be a clicker.
  • Options
    ZeffrinZeffrin Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the 2 worst for me are
    1)age length is too short with no way to lengthen it
    2)the creativity skill has been broken down into Painting and guitar skills

1) you can adjust the time it takes to age in the game options

2) it makes sense to have seperate musical and artistic skills though if it were me making the game I would've made them more general in that sense than guitar and painting. It never did make sense that if you skilled up to high level by painting you could just pick up a guitar and rock it out, both are creative sure but one doesn't really train anything for the other. Musical and Artistic would work though since once you learn the theory of music you can more easily move from one instrument to another and same with art and changing from painting to drawing or charcoal etc
  • Options
    barollicrocbarollicroc Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sims all have fat faces. I dunno if it's a glitch lol. But my sim can be like uber tiny and have a gigantic head. I'll adjust sliders all day long and they all still look like the chick from Shallow Hal :D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DianaRex wrote:
    I do not like the new movement mode. I am used to using the mouse to move your sim around and because i have played sims for so many years i am having trouble using the arrows or the hot keys. I just think the mouse was better.

Might want to look in the game options... Edge Scrolling in particular is what you want..

I have to agree with one of the previous posters just before me here... too many people are whining about things which are not even an issue.

You CAN add more than one family to a neighbourhood, info can be found in other threads.

You CAN adjust the length of time for aging to occur, you can also turn it off.. you can also turn off the neighbourhood progression

You CAN edge scroll though its not on by default which might've been a poor choice for EA.

If the time modes aren't working make sure you're not using the speed up for a single action option (number 4) or that your PC can actually handle the game properly.

I dunno how many other gripes Ive seen which if people actually took the time to look around the game would've found their answer instead of jumping straight on the forum to ***** and moan.

All the gripes about greedy EA stand though :twisted:
  • Options
    odubbodubb Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    when you move the mouse all the way to the top of the page.. it doesnt move up for you.. same for down and left and right.
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2009
    My sims all have fat faces.

That bothers me too. Faces seem to range from pleasantly plump to extremely obese. I can come up with something that looks good with a lot of tweaking, but I always move the head width slider all the way to the left.

I'm also a little bothered by the standard sim lifespan of 90 game days. 21 days from adult to elderly seems much too short to me. I've turned off aging for now, and I'm trying to figure out which of the higher aging settings would work best for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    odubb wrote:
    when you move the mouse all the way to the top of the page.. it doesnt move up for you.. same for down and left and right.

Turn on Edge Scrolling in game options.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Mirai wrote:
    My sims all have fat faces.

That bothers me too. Faces seem to range from pleasantly plump to extremely obese. I can come up with something that looks good with a lot of tweaking, but I always move the head width slider all the way to the left.

Yeah this one I'll have to agree with... While the sims looks are very customisable its maybe a little bit of a teaser and not quite enough range.

I wanted to make an asian looking sim... I found it hard to get most of the features fine enough. And while you can adjust the angle of the eyelids and set the outer lid high and the inner one lower, adjust the apex and socket depth etc I just never quite got there... they always come out looking like tanned caucasians.

Maybe I didnt put enough effort into it but I was messing around in the create a sim thing for ages trying... mind you I have to admit I found it hard to get a good looking female sim together, im not sure why, maybe I dont really know what I really find attractive on a per component basis in a females face but I can only seem to get from average to ultra-uggo :)
  • Options
    Latoday1Latoday1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Zeffrin wrote:
    DianaRex wrote:

Might want to look in the game options... Edge Scrolling in particular is what you want..

I have to agree with one of the previous posters just before me here... too many people are whining about things which are not even an issue.

You CAN add more than one family to a neighbourhood, info can be found in other threads.

You CAN adjust the length of time for aging to occur, you can also turn it off.. you can also turn off the neighbourhood progression

You CAN edge scroll though its not on by default which might've been a poor choice for EA.

If the time modes aren't working make sure you're not using the speed up for a single action option (number 4) or that your PC can actually handle the game properly.

I dunno how many other gripes Ive seen which if people actually took the time to look around the game would've found their answer instead of jumping straight on the forum to ***** and moan.

All the gripes about greedy EA stand though :twisted:

I have a Gateway Gaming computer and I am not having half of the issues listed.

When my sims sleep it goes by faster than Sims2 did. I feel sorry for the people that are having this issue though.

• Options
    Xcrzy2btflxXcrzy2btflx Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Two things:
    1.) Build mode. It takes way too long to build even a simple home, and it's too dark, if that makes any sense.
    2.) It crashes after about an hour. And that's usually how long it takes to make a sim and build a house.
  • Options
    searoverxsearoverx Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Having the option to select a town to play and only having a choice of one town!
  • Options
    iMandyiMandy Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it shuts down my computer sometimes :cry:
  • Options
    hurrikid_17hurrikid_17 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What bothers me most of all. Hmmmm, it must be that I can't play at all right now. Disc read error. After installing and playing already..... twice. Other than that, when I played it the only thing that bothered me was the freezing every half hour issue.
  • Options
    dbrock6dbrock6 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    xocAnDii wrote:
    How when i click ultra speed it's the same as normal speed ugh so annoying waiting for your sim to be fully rested.[that really ****** me off, just rest for crying out loud god!!!!! fast!!!/quote]
  • Options
    lordmaullordmaul Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Take a long time waiting for my Sim to get enough sleep and working!!!
  • Options
    MastairMastair Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    O.O The way the sims look. They look so... Weird and... not as nice and realistic as Sims 2... And I might as well include in that the fact that there is practically no hair. There are 2 hairs on guys I ever think about using - Liberty Spikes and the funny little boater hat I had download, so really, there's only one decent guy hair... Also, I don't like the way clothing is arranged Dx
  • Options
    Kokokey7Kokokey7 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2009
    Their faces all seem fat. Even when I try to adjust their faces are still fat. I think the more smooth faces are a plus from TS2. (I would always get children with super sharp looking angle faces.) But still a long skinny face please!

• Options
    thegroovy1thegroovy1 Posts: 228 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not being able to go into the community lots like the Theatre and Spa. :( Its sad!