Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2009
    Everything has worked great in my game from the beginning. For example I've never had problems with the speed controls like many people. When I click on highest speed, wooosh---she flies!

But here is what kills me about the game. It's the Sims' animations. They all have this same exact stance whenever they stop walking with their feet spread apart, or at the top or bottom of the stairs they stop briefly and take up that same standing position and it doesn't look smooth. I hate it---it makes them all look the same, especially when they're all standing around downtown. Also, when the Sims eat, they practically rear back and lunge at the food--the head movement animation is stupid, and they don't talk while they eat either, they stop and put their hands in their lap first. It just doesn't look as natural as they did in Sims 2, with all the facial espressions and hand movements at the table. Then they're always coughing into their plate--yuck.

They do not have nearly the miriad of flowing facial expressions they used to have, especially in the eyes. The eyes are the window of the soul and in Sims 2, they keenly expressed so many tiny variations, and used to sparkle and flash when they smiled. The Sims 3 eyes seem dull and lifeless, and their faces usually have this stoney unmoving look. Have you ever noticed it when they're reading a book? Their faces never move a muscle, just the eyes dart back and forth. It's creepy. Oh, and that precious glance up in Sims 2 whenever they noticed someone walking into or leaving a room? That's gone now as well.

I wish we had Sims 2-looking Sims placed into the Sims 3 game environment. That would be a perfect combination to me.
  • Options
    KeendraKeendra Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Melyanne wrote:
    It bothers me that I can't have more then one family in the same game at one time. I like to have my Sims meet other Sims that I created.

Oh, but you can. Go to change city in the menu and pick change active house hold.
  • Options
    MaigenMaigen Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Renita wrote:
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

I second that. And can I add another thing? Well, I will anyway.
    You're only allowed to have one active family. If we were allowed to have more than one, the game would run so much easier for us simmers who like to play different families instead of just one. :)
  • Options
    PhantasyGurlPhantasyGurl Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Simposter wrote:
    tomunaama wrote:
    Insanely difficult to build up romantic relationships. My sim can't get past the "best friend" stage with the father of her child. :D

LMAO!! That's actually more like today's real life tho isn't it? hehehe :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very real life, I know :lol: :shock:
  • Options
    MaigenMaigen Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Keendra wrote:
    Melyanne wrote:
    It bothers me that I can't have more then one family in the same game at one time. I like to have my Sims meet other Sims that I created.

Oh, but you can. Go to change city in the menu and pick change active house hold.

But the problem is that the last active family you had totally changes. It'll add a kid, take one away, sims get new jobs, sims split up, sims MOVE, or the just die randomly. It p***es me off sometimes and hopefully EA can change this. I hope they can.
  • Options
    StormbringerGTStormbringerGT Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    xocAnDii wrote:
    How when i click ultra speed it's the same as normal speed ugh so annoying waiting for your sim to be fully rested.

I dont have a problem with this, but my friend does. We found out that when you click it, the game has to do everything it does but 4x times faster! Thats a pretty big load both on the CPU and the video card. His computer was a few years old and mine was just newly built, so maybe if you bump graphics it might give you some speed in 4x mode.
    *INSERT AD-HD, EPILEPSY INDUCING GIF HERE*
  • Options
    SymbelinaSymbelina Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One thing? Not nearly enough sliders, for face or for body but there are really NONE for body. Major omission there.
  • Options
    xxmadzxxxxmadzxx Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The fact i have to buy a new video card for it to work properly :(
  • Options
    KBetelgeuseKBetelgeuse Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2009
    "Sweet and Petite or Sexy and Curvy" false ad.
  • Options
    BettyNoirBettyNoir Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The grindingly slow "ultra speed" It's like watching paint dry :x
  • Options
    juneau206juneau206 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    xocAnDii wrote:
    How when i click ultra speed it's the same as normal speed ugh so annoying waiting for your sim to be fully rested.

I agree with this.

DEFINATELY the worse part of the game
  • Options
    jimmyxloisjimmyxlois Posts: 108 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims 2 had more hairstyles..
    Create a sims should make over a million different characters but they all got the same hair.
  • Options
    PollyNewbiePollyNewbie Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hate the way that hitting number 4 (ultraspeed) is just like hitting the number 2 in the sims 2. Barely even that. I literally fall asleep waiting for my sims to be fully rested! Sort it out!
  • Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lack of the very same objects that were included in the sims 2 base game; like the hot tub, full-sized aquarium (from what I saw, all you have in Sims 3 is a little fishbowl, LOL) diving board, etc.
  • Options
    sieg2057sieg2057 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How realistic the faces can be. When I click on my sim and his face pops up, I feel like he's watching me with those eyes...

Following my everymove...

Always watching...

*cradles*
  • Options
    lulabuylulabuy Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    what I hate about the sims 3:

I can't even play it!! and i remember clearly watching a video that Ben Bell saying that the sims 3 would run even on an old computer! And even though I only have a 4 years old pc, it doesn't work! ugh I hate it!
    And its not like I can buy a new pc all of a sudden! I need to save up money.. this is really making me mad! I've been waiting since last year, and now this!!?!?!
  • Options
    dandebirdsdandebirds Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The time issue isn't as much of an issue for me as it seems to be for other people. I use the time my Sim sleeps to go spy on other Sims around the neighborhood, to see what trouble Free Will and wonky story progression is getting them into ;)

The one thing that bothers me in the game is not having a memories feature.

I knew, of course, that TS3 wouldn't be like TS2 in many ways, but I still thought the Sims that were under our control would have memories. I'm a little disappointed that if I leave my main alone for two seconds and something epic happens, I miss out and have no clue. Memories were kinda' fun for me.
  • Options
    jarvie22jarvie22 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im mistified as to why people expect a game released in 2009 to be running as well as a game made 5 years ago. 5 years is a long time in computing terms and graphics and processing has come on massively. Half of peoples gripes with the sims 3 is down to their own systems. Minimum specs are exactly that, minimum. to make the game run at its complete lowest settings!
  • Options
    Maylu1654Maylu1654 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not enough objects?

(Mind you i have heaps more!!!)
  • Options
    setevaseteva Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    Not enough empty lots
  • Options
    BarbaraBGSBarbaraBGS Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2009
    OMG i can't choose; there are soo many things that bother me. I hope it's just buggy and these things will be fixed.
  • Options
    PinkLizzyPinkLizzy Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hate the colours! They're all kinda murky and they're awful to look at. :evil:
  • Options
    AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well my biggest pet peeve is the skin colours.
    I have extremely pale skin, to the point of literal paper-white in daylight, I can give examples if needed.

I wanted to use that in the game but to my dispair, the lightest skin tone is this gross pink pig-coloured one that looks positively horrible in the actual game.
    The lightest version of the other natural colours are all too dark.
    It's a downer to me because they have catered to people with really dark skin, but they completely forgot us with really really really light skin.

Other pet peeves are rabbit holes, slow speed and fat faces.
    Trust me I try and try, but the faces stay fat. Like.. thin, but fat. If that makes sense. I don't know what they did to have it like that, but it would be nice if they changed it.
  • Options
    Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss having my expantions... oh how I can't wait for Sims 3 to catchup to Sims 2... I want it to rain!!!
  • Options
    DanKing26DanKing26 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dandebirds wrote:
    The time issue isn't as much of an issue for me as it seems to be for other people. I use the time my Sim sleeps to go spy on other Sims around the neighborhood, to see what trouble Free Will and wonky story progression is getting them into ;)

The one thing that bothers me in the game is not having a memories feature.

I knew, of course, that TS3 wouldn't be like TS2 in many ways, but I still thought the Sims that were under our control would have memories. I'm a little disappointed that if I leave my main alone for two seconds and something epic happens, I miss out and have no clue. Memories were kinda' fun for me.

I Know What You Mean :(
    And I Used To Love The Little Things They Got Above Their Head Whenever Something Importnat Happened :D
    Made My Stories Better, Now I Can't Even Do Stories Because There's No Story Mode :?

:D