Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• SpandexSpandex Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No pets beside the fish bowl. Other than that I love it.
  • lehak86lehak86 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I cant use maxmotives cheat :(
  • DudeIsimDudeIsim Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lehak86 wrote:
    I cant use maxmotives cheat :(

Oh, I know! Most of the sim families I made are practictically boring since the only thing I can do is feed, bathe, have them sleep, etc. to them and have no time to do something else. I mean come on! Didn't the Maxis staff ask anonymous players on what they should keep in the Sims 3!!! :evil:
  • adensemadensem Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry but I have a few and I know it says one but these are some key faults.

1. No business' O.o sims 2 I was getting some sweet amounts of money from a business and now im kinda like wow we went back to sims 1 with the work come home sleep eat rinse repeat.

2. We need more shortcut keys man every time I want to see the sims needs I have to scroll over, which is not that big of a deal but more short cuts would be helpful

3. having the old sims 2 expansions for sims 3 would be nice, if nothing else more to do.

4. Ran into a small glitch where a bowl stuck to my sim's hand :lol: he was doing things with a bowl attached to his hand lol all I had to do was click on it and tell him to throw it away but still funny to see.

5. I already got to the top of the police career and my play time is less then 24 hours, now that is pretty sad honestly :x

6. Losing the wishes when switching active households is bothersome but not really a huge deal.

I am not trying to bash the sims creators cause this game is very fun and does have a lot to do, however I honestly feel sims 2 had more to do and sims 3 feels more like im going through menus then playing a game in some parts.
  • awriterswindowawriterswindow Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    tomunaama wrote:
    Insanely difficult to build up romantic relationships. My sim can't get past the "best friend" stage with the father of her child. :D

THIS. That was so hard with this couple I just made! It took them forever to actually be romantic. Every time I tried to get them to make out a little note popped up saying "____ is in too bad of a mood to do that", but they were totally happy!
  • cr4zybabycr4zybaby Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SuniNight2 wrote:
    DITTO!!!! In the old games, you could quickly go to Create A Sim mode and create them a perfect match and make that new person move in next door and 'force' a meeting of the 2...you cant do that in this one...I dont really like how every time you start a new Sim it's in a new version of the neighborhood. :(

you can still do that in the Sims3...just a little different setup...just go to options edit town and create a sim...then you can place a copy of that sim in the same neighborhood...you don't need to start a new version of a neighborhood everytime you create a sim...i just figured this out today :)
  • cr4zybabycr4zybaby Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    PETS!! I miss having dogs and cats! :(
  • awriterswindowawriterswindow Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    IanC wrote:
    The speed has been an issue for everyone. I agree with what most of you are saying though.

I created a male sim, left it alone to play another family, then came back to that male sim a day later and found out he had 2 babies. Where the hell is the babys momma?

That's the best. LMAO.
  • JoshuaHJJoshuaHJ Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't launch TS3 with a Steam shortcut and use the Store content without getting an error window. That's my only major gripe.
  • DanKing26DanKing26 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I Don't Know If I'm Doing It Wrong, But I Always Took Loads Of Pictures And Made Stories From My Families
    But It Seems I Can't Do That Anymore :S :(

Plus EVERYTHING Everyone Else Has Mentioned :P

:D
  • AnticipationAnticipation Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2009
    The sims don't really have unique personalities because the traits hardly affect anything. If you want to, you can completely ignore them D:

The videos were misleading. I thought traits would closely govern their lives.
  • amarae13amarae13 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't like how they stand around forever before doing certain tasks. I had one sim stand in front of the shower for 2 game hours before he got in to take his shower. My pregnant sim was trying to get in the hospital to have her baby and there was 2 men standing there so they all just stood there even though she could have gone around them. That is what bothers me the most.
  • TackyVintageTackyVintage Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    FatCat wrote:
    When sims go to visit someone and they
    wanne leave again, you have no "goodbye"
    option. You just have to...leave...without a word.
    That bothers me :-)

That bothers me too, it's so rude like. :?
  • powerchick16powerchick16 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    time is sooooooooooo slow its so frikin lame. i want to return my game but i dont think i can. i have outgrown the sims. ;;(
  • BlueneonBlueneon Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That I can't play it because it crashes after splash screen :x
  • jeannygrrljeannygrrl Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    LyzMcFlyz wrote:
    I agree with what everyone has said about the speeds and not being able to go into community lots and the lack of a clothing store!!!

so, I guess I'll add the fact that there is no "curly hair"... I have curls! not waves and it really sucks that my Sim can't have curls.. or at least the wavy look like in TS2...

All of these are my big complaints...and that there's no Body Shop so I fear I won't be able to get a curly hair mod for a good long while...especially since I refuse to pay for it, EA!!
  • lifespuppetlifespuppet Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My only complaint takes to long when you speed up thing such as sleep,work,walking. Other then that nothing so far.
  • apleasant22apleasant22 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The "fast settings" aren't that much faster. Doing anything in the game takes forever.
  • rpgmom29rpgmom29 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2009
    Getting an error code when I try to save that corrupts my saved game and makes me have to start all over.
  • MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    The one thing that bothers me the most is how genetics took a backseat in Sims 3. I really enjoyed Sims 2 genetics engine and unfortunately it blows Sims 3 out of the water. Watching my sim families go through their generations just isn't as appealing to me now.
  • fivelafootedfivelafooted Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2009
    the fact that i've been waiting for the game to come out and i cant play until they mail me the charger for my sisters laptop (goes hella slow on my computer)
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    the 2 worst for me are
    1)age length is too short with no way to lengthen it
    2)the creativity skill has been broken down into Painting and guitar skills
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    my complint is... quite frankly, the BUTT :twisted:

screenshot_original.jpg
    259g3le.gif
  • FiniosFinios Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the 2 worst for me are
    1)age length is too short with no way to lengthen it

The options menu has a setting for age-length. You can even turn it off.
  • BigLongNowBigLongNow Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1. The fast speed isn't very fast at all
    2. No custom neighborhood option
    3. There's a lot more I can't think of
    I still love it though :P

EDIT: Oh and the hair options for guys are terrible. I tried to make my boyfriend and he has really thick, curly, red hair that turns into a fro when it gets long. Absolutely nothing like that.