August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

12345679...Next

Comments

• bethanyandpewdiebethanyandpewdie Posts: 5 New Member
    I used to play sims 2 24/7 as a child and probably put way too many hours than I should have. I was really reluctant to the idea of sims 4 as it just seems an incomplete game to me and the exterior packs are just filling in the blanks. I personally prefer sims 3 because of the content it had, but sims 1 and 2 are still my superiors. They had the best features and vibes.
  • GeomangoGeomango Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims 4. I could have chosen sims 3 too if I would own it again but I now just chose Sims 4
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 445 Member
    Still can't replace sims 2 for me, but I do like sims 4 better by far then sims 3, (now that they added the adorible toddlers). But it is still the lack of an in game story telling album that keeps me from playing very much and why sims 2 will always win. I also don't like the very limited building areas in 4, not much room to grow and I always play many famies. But the sims 4 did make it much easyer then sims 3 to play rounds, and I like that. Babies in sims 4 are all alike and that is they are hideus, but the tots are great. I also do not like the teens are hard to tell apart from young adults and adults; they are too tall and look to grown up even in the face. On the other hand I don't play sims 3 because it is over whelming and no easy way to play rounds. Love you Sims 2.
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 247 Member
    Sims2 for the story telling, the quirks, hidden emotions, kids interaction and OFB. I love running my own business.

TS3 I love for the open world, the revamp of the skill system, (best addition to the games since TS2 came out), and of course horses.

TS4, I have some xp packs, but I can't really get into it. The family pack that adds toddler and make you able to raise your kids to responsible and good manners adults, (or complete plum if that is your thing), is cool, the part time lifetime wants it's also neat. So if you want 10 kids, you're not a total failure if you only get 8 and such. The moodlets, that was also there in TS3 is also good and like being able to go to work with them, without having to ALWAYS do it. But despite that I don't really like Sims 4, not sure why.

TS2, then TS3 and TS4 at the bottom. My perfect game though, would be TS2, with the open world, skill system, choose if you want to work hard or hang out with friends/co workers at work and moodlets of TS3, and the partly Life time want, the family pack and OPTION to go with them to work on some carriers as TS4.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 94 Member
    I prefer the sims 3
    Been playing The Sims since the early 2000's!!!
    Twitter
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 13 New Member
    I definitely prefer TS3 to TS4. I'm also not entirely sure whether or not I prefer TS3 or TS2, however TS4 remains my least favourite. I see it as a significantly shallower version of TS2.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 84 Member
    I might give Sims 4 another chance, but I keep finding myself pining for Sims 2. All I know is that I hate The Sims 3.