Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 fans prefer sims 3 or sims 4?

12345679...Next

Comments

• bethanyandpewdiebethanyandpewdie Posts: 5 New Member
    I used to play sims 2 24/7 as a child and probably put way too many hours than I should have. I was really reluctant to the idea of sims 4 as it just seems an incomplete game to me and the exterior packs are just filling in the blanks. I personally prefer sims 3 because of the content it had, but sims 1 and 2 are still my superiors. They had the best features and vibes.
  • GeomangoGeomango Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims 4. I could have chosen sims 3 too if I would own it again but I now just chose Sims 4
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Still can't replace sims 2 for me, but I do like sims 4 better by far then sims 3, (now that they added the adorible toddlers). But it is still the lack of an in game story telling album that keeps me from playing very much and why sims 2 will always win. I also don't like the very limited building areas in 4, not much room to grow and I always play many famies. But the sims 4 did make it much easyer then sims 3 to play rounds, and I like that. Babies in sims 4 are all alike and that is they are hideus, but the tots are great. I also do not like the teens are hard to tell apart from young adults and adults; they are too tall and look to grown up even in the face. On the other hand I don't play sims 3 because it is over whelming and no easy way to play rounds. Love you Sims 2.
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    Sims2 for the story telling, the quirks, hidden emotions, kids interaction and OFB. I love running my own business.

TS3 I love for the open world, the revamp of the skill system, (best addition to the games since TS2 came out), and of course horses.

TS4, I have some xp packs, but I can't really get into it. The family pack that adds toddler and make you able to raise your kids to responsible and good manners adults, (or complete idiots if that is your thing), is cool, the part time lifetime wants it's also neat. So if you want 10 kids, you're not a total failure if you only get 8 and such. The moodlets, that was also there in TS3 is also good and like being able to go to work with them, without having to ALWAYS do it. But despite that I don't really like Sims 4, not sure why.

TS2, then TS3 and TS4 at the bottom. My perfect game though, would be TS2, with the open world, skill system, choose if you want to work hard or hang out with friends/co workers at work and moodlets of TS3, and the partly Life time want, the family pack and OPTION to go with them to work on some carriers as TS4.
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    I prefer the sims 3
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    I definitely prefer TS3 to TS4. I'm also not entirely sure whether or not I prefer TS3 or TS2, however TS4 remains my least favourite. I see it as a significantly shallower version of TS2.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I might give Sims 4 another chance, but I keep finding myself pining for Sims 2. All I know is that I hate The Sims 3.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    My favorite will always be The sims 2, then The Sims 4, then The sims 1 and my least favorite was the sims 3.

I have them all. I have played them all. This Sims 2 fan's favorite is still The Sims 2, and I do still play it more than any of the others. I like the others equally among those games. No favorite, no preference among TS3 & TS4. I have the Complete Sims, but it's pretty tough to play any more, and I haven't tried on my new computer where TS2 is having trouble, I doubt the original will run.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Definitely The Sims 4!!😍😍
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    The sims 4 is the least impressive, most regressive game in the whole series. While I own it and occasionally play it, I get bored in about 5 minutes, build a thing or two, realize I won't ever play with it, and then run back to TS3. So for me, TS3 is the preference over 4, but I still prefer TS2 the most, although it's getting tougher and tougher to get to work with each new computer I buy.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I love the varied answers because we are all...varied. So I guess it depends on your play style, etc.

For me, TS2 was IT. I had all of it except one stuff pack before a catastrophic computer crash wiped everything out. By the time I was ready to play again, TS3 was out. I got it and hated it. Aside from constant crashing for me, I couldn't control my sims! Births, deaths, marriages, moving - it all happened without ME!

I finally got TS4 last year and played around with it. At least I could mostly control my neighborhood. But there's a bug that shows up where my sims age when I'm not playing them (even though I have my settings right). I think I bought one expansion for it. And this week, I was really missing all that TS2 had.

And THEN I learned that if you registered your copy of TS2, apparently they dumped TS2 Ultimate into your account. WHAT? Yep. There it was. So I installed it yesterday and my only real complaint is that I have to have so many friends to advance in a career. I can even deal with the older graphics. What an AMAZING game. Maids actually come and to the work, butlers - same thing, my sims welcome one another home from work, CARS, the list goes on and on.

I'm taking a break from my MMORPG to get my newly created neighborhood established. How AWESOME that I can create my own neighborhood from scratch, name it what I want, put houses where I want, age my families like I want.

*feeling very sim-like today*

I totally agree with this. I loved having to actually go shopping for clothes and food. Granted today, most people just do it online, but it was a great Sims experience. And more realistic than just adding clothing with no cost. Same with food.

I loved that you Sim could get moody and stomp their feet, look at you and say "Can't you see I'm not in the mood?"

Oh, and dying by satellite. I thought it was hilarious. It will definitely teach you to save your game early and often.

I miss the cut scenes for special events: first kiss, wedding, having a baby.

The expansion packs offered way more dept than any other succeeding game.

Sims2 was more challenging in many respects. You had to work for it and pay attention to what was going on.

The things I disliked were few: Having to have a large number of friends to get a job promotion. I thought that was a bit lame.

But to answer the original question, I liked Sims 3 for its open worlds. Except you couldn't shop and there were too many rabbit holes. There are fewer rabbit holes in Sims 4, which I appreciate. Character creation is somewhat better in Sims 4 as far as physical creation.

In all I think I'm 50/50 as far as which two I prefer. Overall, I prefer the Sims2. I wish EA would remake it. Yes, it's more difficult and your Sim could die more easily and it took longer to build relationships. But I think it was by far the best of the lot.
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I prefer sims3 over sims2 but they are both awesome game :smiley: !